It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for some Information in regards to HAN(Home Area Network) and Future threats in regards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Can anyone help me find some information, or give me some insight in regards to future Home Area Networks and how new threats will arise in result.

For example I can see that more and more electronics are connected to HAN and that those electronics can be accessed through the web. Even cameras installed can be accessed through the web protecting home owners, and making home owners vulnerable at the same time due to fraudsters, hackers etc etc.

Can anyone give me some information in regards, I will deeply appreciate it.

I'm writing a report, and I want to finish it tomorrow so I can party tonight

I need sources in regards to future trend in HAN (home area networks) security due to changes in hardware and software.

Thanks in advance.

oozyism

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I won't do your school work for you.

The most I will do is to tell you to google it.

:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I won't do your school work for you.

The most I will do is to tell you to google it.

:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

you're a week late, and I asked for directions, google it, WTF are you kidding me, you think I'm that dumb to not know how to search through google?

The thing is there isn't much information, I thought some people might know some magazines, books or some articles about the topic in hand.

Thanks for not trying to help though

By the way already finished the report 24 hours after I posted this, but still couldn't find extensive/detailed information therefore forced me to make assumption, for example adding I-robots in the end point of HAN networks etc etc.

bye

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

As you directly stated, it was a school assignment.

Don't cheat and try to have ATS members do your work for you.

Read, learn and explain what you learned.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
ok first, HAN means high availibility network. The name your looking for is LAN, local area network ( which can be in a home or office )

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by oozyism

As you directly stated, it was a school assignment.

Don't cheat and try to have ATS members do your work for you.

Read, learn and explain what you learned.

The first thing you need to learn, is not to make assumptions. Go find where I said it was school work, secondly even if it was there is no such thing as cheating when you are comprising a report.

Do you know what a report is? It is simply gathering information. You can't cheat by gathering information, no matter where it came from you have to also include reference. Go find out what a report is, the word should give you a hint.

Don't waste my time, and don't kill my mood, it is Saturday... Go get a life

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bud316
ok first, HAN means high availibility network. The name your looking for is LAN, local area network ( which can be in a home or office )

A HAN is a specific LAN, you can call it LAN, but LAN is a broader term. HAN has a growing market, in texas 60000 houses are being setup with HANs. That being said it bring a lot of future security threats, especially when HAN is connected to so many appliances within the house.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
What a silly argument...
A HAN is a LAN. A HAN is a LAN in a home. Still a LAN though.
A HAN could be a human area network comprised of your PDA and bluetooth devices and such.

Typically a LAN is any sized network where all the devices operate within the same Network Layer. You can have multiple routed LAN's and still call it a LAN. My garage has its own LAN. It is routed to my LAN that runs to the rest of the house. I have VLAN's to separate printers and IP phones from the other network devices. I connect my LAN to other remote LAN when needed. I then suppose it becomes a WAN.

join