It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The news from ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Purely out of interest, I'd lke to know who considers ATS to be an important news site and who considers ATS their main source of news. It would be interesting to know also if you guys think ATS is impartial and seperate from the MSM?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i find ATS the best place to get the details and the opposing views on american stories, if i see something in the news, i'll usually check ATS to get the full story.

individually, most of the posters on the site are really biased in their opinions but there are so many good posters from every perspective giving their point of view in one place that it comes out as balanced.

why do you ask?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I ask because I'm interested in people's viewpoints and what informs them.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Main source of news. by chance, if i pick up the paper or turn on the tele, i see stories i seen a day earlier on here. so ATS is one of my top 3 main sources of fast reliable news. i say reliable because its only as reliable as it gets on the internet.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I guess it's also interesting what country you come from. I'm the UK by the way.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You obviously have not been here long.

This is the best place for breaking news on the WWW.

When "Anything" is happening, there is no better place to be, usually you can talk to people that are experiencing it in real time.

Fires, tornados, floods, icestorms, winds, hurricanes, earthquakes to name just a few of the disasters that I stayed here to get support during and to be a support to others experiencing it world wide, that is very very cool.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Why do you say that?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
i used to think ats was the be all end all

i used to think you could get put on the right track for any topic relating to anything of importance news wise

now i know better

ats is a great place

but just like every other company this site has its own ideas that they promote

they have their own forms of censorship and even go against their own motto sometimes

what ive learned is that no news source or media outlet can be trusted or taken as fact, or the whole side of things

as many things are talked about and discussed openly here on ats, there are many things out there that are being held in the dark, sometimes stories that are part of the mainstream news, sometimes stories that arent picked up by anyone

there are a lot of things going on out there and its unfortunate that there really are no places media wise where you can get the whole unadulterated version of the worlds goings on

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

This is the best place for breaking news on the WWW.

When "Anything" is happening, there is no better place to be, usually you can talk to people that are experiencing it in real time.

Fires, tornados, floods, icestorms, winds, hurricanes, earthquakes to name just a few of the disasters that I stayed here to get support during and to be a support to others experiencing it world wide, that is very very cool.

you are party correct but not really

it is a great place, but anything is not true

even with current events over the past couple days there are very important things that are not allowed to be discussed on this site

yet sites that are considered the corrupt MSM you see talked about so much on this site, actually carry the events that have been censored here

learning that 1st hand was a very sobering experience, up to a couple weeks ago for many years i could really say no bad about ats

now even though its still a great and respected site, i know better then to think its the whole story

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Dramey:

even with current events over the past couple days there are very important things that are not allowed to be discussed on this site

Please inform me as to what you are talking about, what have we missed and why have you not started threads if any of us have missed 'big' news?

yet sites that are considered the corrupt MSM you see talked about so much on this site, actually carry the events that have been censored here

Again clarify which events you mean by that statement please.

learning that 1st hand was a very sobering experience, up to a couple weeks ago for many years i could really say no bad about ats

What in particular made you feel and think this way?

now even though its still a great and respected site, i know better then to think its the whole story

Agreed, but really no one source is a one stop shop for everything, thats why with so many members out there looking for information to share this is a great place for news.

Still and all if and when disaster strikes or tshtf, I know thousands of people who will be checking in here before they even turn on a TV or radio.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by antar]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
ATS is ok - but I wouldnt call it a news site.

You can discuss news - but the underlying mainstream bias is always present - 90% of posters still drink the cool aid - they buy into the mainstream view, and you see it reposted here.

There is only a handful of dissenters - in which group I include myself - who actually kick against the pricks - but I feel we are largely ignored.

The people who promote and substantiate the mainstream opinions they are given by the MSM get the stars and flags - and dissent is discouraged and attacked.

A decent news source that I highly recommend is www.informationclearinghouse.info...

They fail sometimes - but it is rare - mostly the info is good quality, and to the point. I have noticed more fails recently - I am hoping it does not indicate infiltration or subversion of that otherwise quality site.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by logican

ATS is important because it's a counterbalance to the msm. ATS is a place where a lot skeptics hang out. I'm not talking about the ATS skeptics, I'm talking about the msm skeptics. ATS skeptics (not the extreme one) actually are the "normal" persons outside of ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Just looked at the visitor stats for ATS and non US visitors outweigh US visitors, so, and it's only my impression, why is it do you think this site seems so US-centric? I mean this in relation to the site as a news site. Do Americans feel the US media is no longer able to be impartial as compared to another countries media, for example?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
ATS has been an excellent source to get the news before it gets to the rest of the world. with so many members from around the world blogging the up to the minute news in the area or just what has been going on the that part of the world, ATS has been an "news you can use" source.

top topics

join