It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker for conservatives: Obama may not hate the Constitution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Yeah but he didn't. It is lame that someone would hoax like this. He does not need help looking bad, hes got that covered all by himself.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Fromabove
Obama may not have wrote it, but it's Obama all the way...

Right... I think it is actually a fine window into conservative imagination and strategy,
Hell you believe, but then again what have you been ingesting?

So anyone who was fooled by this has been ingesting rubbish?
Riiiight.. cause its so far off the mark.

This totally makes everything Conservatives stand for irrelevant and ridiculous.

You wish...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

SG - When you are not trying to just defend Obama, your a genius.
well sometimes anyways.............Just kidding............

Your quote,

I must say though it is a complicated situation regarding holding them at bay. I wrote another thread regarding DC lobbyists and the years in which there have been attempts to get them out, but on every occasion their "1st ammendement rights" and "rights to petition the government" would always block any such regulation. Its a complicated situation but we need to sort it out.

You hit the nail on the head. The Constitution and the Founding Fathers DID give us Rights as an Individual. Set in the Bill of Rights for citizens of the United States of America. What they did not do, was give Corporations the same rights. They should not have the 1st and the right to petition.
When the twisted bastards let the Bankers in, they are the same that gave the Corporations the rights and power of an individual citizen.

Take away those rights.
Ristrict there power and the world can set right again..........

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by superrat
Thanks for the find.

Now we know what Obama really thinks of the Constitution in his own words. How dare he be so two faced as to take the oath of the President with a straight face while thinking that the Constitution is crap.

This has got be impeachable.

Ummm. . . .the "quote" from Obama's "thesis" was phoney. It was satire. Is that not clear in the OP?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

The video was to explain why it was so easy for people to believe the article, which at this point seems to blur the line of satire.

As for the calls of conspiracy, you're right, but as I pointed out, Rush exposed the fact that it was satire in the very same show he quoted the article. It was a conspiracy for about 30 minutes. That would have been some good context to include in the OP, but it wasn't, so I'd hope people will pay a bit of attention to that.

Pretty sure hope only works one-way nowadays, though.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Originally posted by Janky Red

Right... I think it is actually a fine window into conservative imagination and strategy,
Hell you believe, but then again what have you been ingesting?

So anyone who was fooled by this has been ingesting rubbish?
Riiiight.. cause its so far off the mark.

This totally makes everything Conservatives stand for irrelevant and ridiculous.

You wish...

Frankly, YES

It only appears on the mark because of the rubbish that has set the precedence
for the jump on band wagon bash party. Yes it is off the mark, Obama has been a rather typical President in ATYPICAL times.

Being conservative is fine, but there is no consistency in modern times, in fact the only
consistency is attacking ones patriotism and creating massive smear campaigns for political gains.

I don't have to wish, I have only come across a few cons on ATS who are not ridiculous
and irreversibly brain washed. I would prefer that you guys could just argue fact and forgo the rumors and innuendo.

Same thing with Kennedy as with Obama - it gets old

You going all gung ho is predictable as is the rest of the heard mentality conservatives
cultivate oh so well.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

He uses and abuses the constitution like any other tool to achieve his/their goals. If there's a crack in a wall, he and his minions are breaking through. He is not the widely held perception he is a deception. He is his appointments and his actions.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Hemisphere]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

By the way, for those that think the US Constitution is the be all and end all, think again. Our individual freedoms were desired, designed and compromised long before this document was written. Do your own investigation there are threads galore on ATS addressing this.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

does anyone have a link to the original story?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't know if this was mentioned, but Rush clearly stated before reading the excerpt that he could not be certain it was real or a hoax, that it was from a blogger. (I heard it live)

link   
I don't know if this was mentioned, but Rush clearly stated before reading the excerpt that he could not be certain it was real or a hoax, that it was from a blogger. (I heard it live)

link   
Double post

[edit on 25/10/2009 by lynn112]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
Ummm. . . .the "quote" from Obama's "thesis" was phoney. It was satire. Is that not clear in the OP?

Yes, it was absolutely clear. If one read the post, that is.

So, Obama didn't do it, but let's blame him for it anyway... That's sounds about par for the course.

Originally posted by lynn112

Thing is, the majority of Rush's listeners couldn't care less if it's real or a hoax. If someone says it, and it's anti-Obama, it's true. And Rush knows that. He knows all he has to do is mention something and his readers go running with it like it came from the dead sea scrolls.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

The original source was apparently a blog written last August. I could not locate that blog. The closest I can come to it is another blog, from October, citing the first. It is here:

Link

No, wait. Here is the ORIGINAL blog from August:

Jumping In Pools

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

And as I said here in the previous thread, it aint that simple. I will give you that, Obama "talked" during that campaign, and there are still alot of promises for him to take on, although his still got the vast majority of his term still to complete.

But yes getting rid of the lobbyists aint that easy.

You confuse eliminating lobbyists with bringing new ones into the administration.

The POTUS may have little power over eliminationg the influence already present, BUT he has 100% control over bringing them into his own admonstration.

Obama flouted that promise from his very first appointment. It went down from there. He sold out before he was sworn in.

jw

(speaking about Rush, and false attribution, where'd you get that GREAT signature?

Stolen from "Boondocks" 11/3/88 or 12/4/04? Which one?

Of course, it is 100% false and slanderous, as well as plagiarized)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

BH-

"Thing is, the majority of Rush's listeners couldn't care less if it's real or a hoax. If someone says it, and it's anti-Obama, it's true. And Rush knows that. He knows all he has to do is mention something and his readers go running with it like it came from the dead sea scrolls."

Same could be said about those who don't like Rush.

How many here still think that he said all those racist things which turned out to be false? Atleast he stated that he couldn't determine if it was fake or not.

Rush fans aren't the only ones that take false propaganda and run with it.

Edit to kind of fix the quote.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Bored To Tears]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Obama does not believe in the constitution and hates it!

He voted for the bank bailout, he signed the stimulus, he wants nationalized healthcare, cap and tax everyone, nationalized the auto industry, wants to limit free speech he does not agree with, take your guns away.....all direct vilolations of the constitution where government has usurped their authority and power. And above all, the mere fact he ran for POTUS and took the oath to office while knowing he is not constitutionally eligible!

So yeah, he hates the constitution and has total disrespect for it!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheConstitution

So anything a Democrat or a president does that you disagree with is unconstitutional. It's not that people hate the president personally, it's that HE hates the Constitution. It used to be anyone on the left was called unamerican by the right. Same old song, just slightly different words.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Get used to him, Sestias.

It's just another chant of how liberals are destroying the country...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join