It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: Reuters Employees Abused by American Troops in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Update:
U.S.: Troops Cleared of Abusing Reporters

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Army paratroopers accused of beating, taunting and humiliating journalists detained in Iraq have been given a refresher course on proper handling of detainees, even though an investigation cleared them of abuse, a spokesman said Thursday.

Reuters said three Iraqis working for the news agency were physically abused and forced to put shoes in their mouths during their Jan. 2-5 detention at a military camp near Fallujah. The agency decided to make the incident public when the U.S. military said there was no evidence of abuse, and after news broke about the mistreatment of Iraqi detainees at Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad

seekerof

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Seekerof

I am not sure how the link heading you provide ("US troops cleared") is backed up by the quote you follow with. Can you explain? It seems that abuse of journalists did happen from within what you cite. Your post is confusing and has no commentary to explain your view in the final analysis.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I wasn't aware that an analysis was required, this is the latest information, have you found anything to update to say contrary?

"Our investigation found no abuse of any kind," Cummings said Thursday. "This is a closed case."

Seen or found an article by Reuters or NBC commenting to the above?
I haven't seen one.

seekerof

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well I guess I'm surprised. These were Reuters employees? I thought for sure they would be BBC employees. Let's face it - it just fits! BBC - Bull$h!+ Broadcasting Conspiracy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join