It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a question regarding the global warming hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
for a long time i was a strong advocate for saving the planet from global warming, but as i did more and more reaserch i began to feel that global warming is a hoax. this doesnt change my stance on much. i am still all for taking care of our planet and do more than my part to do so. im a lover of the outdoors and want to protect nature any way i can... anyways im getting slightly off topic. if you feel that global warming is a hoax as well, could you please state your opinion as to the purpose of this hoax? i have many thoughts as to what purpose this could serve but they are nothing more than thoughts

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Coral reefs, which are highly sensitive to small changes in water temperature, suffered the worst bleaching—or die-off in response to stress—ever recorded in 1998, with some areas seeing bleach rates of 70 percent. Experts expect these sorts of events to increase in frequency and intensity in the next 50 years as sea temperatures rise

The earth is mostly water....the effects of global warming is seen in the water, not in if the summer is mild or the winter cold...its in the science going on underwater.

Global warming also is a prelude to rapid global cooling/ice age.

Global warming is a natural phenomona. The problem being addressed is that man is accelerating the process dramatically with our greenhouse gases, our deforestation, even our cattle breeding and meat processing.

There is nothing we can do in regards to cutting down, that is the hoax. If everyone on the planet became super-green, it wouldn't be enough...we now need a technological solution not to just stop what we are doing, but reverse whats been done. any ideas?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I could be way off, but I think the whole Global Warming thing is yet another divide and conquer technique executed by TPTB. What makes me reach this conclusion?

Well just look at the whole issue. You have so many different groups of people and so many different opinions on the matter. I could best summarise these groups as follows:

1) TPTB that have a vested interest in pushing this "man-made" global warming issue in order to establish another form of tax revenue for the central banking cartel
2) Extremist environmental activists that will use violence against other humans and companies to exercise what they feel is their moral right in protecting the planet from human harm
3) People that vehemently hate the second group because they see them as painful nuisances that care more about nature than human lives
4) Wealthy people with business interests that would suffer if a new "carbon tax" were to be introduced
5) Strong proponents of capitalism who will see the whole "Green movement" as a financial threat to the welfare of their small businesses and the nation's economy as a whole
6) People that are genuinely concerned about the welfare of the world and are worried for its future if current industrial actions are not circumvented.
7) People that are struggling to pay bills that need to keep their jobs, even though these jobs might cause harm to the environment
8) People that believe the situation is a win-win scenario for all involved. Green movement will create many more jobs, do less harm to the Earth and her resources, and prevent potential catastrophic events throughout the planet's climates.

I am sure I have forgotten some groups but those are the main ones I reckon. The thing is that I can name LOTS of people in each group....how's that for divide and conquer?

[edit on 20/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Solution?
How about we build a huge AC unit.
If this is natural, which is what I believe, their is no solution.

Their is evidence that all of the planets in our solar system are heating up. That is why I believe their is nothing we can do. I wonder if the theory about the dust causation is the cause. I had first read about that, actually in a science fiction book, when I was around 13. Quick synopses is that we are traveling through an area in space, loaded with dust. The addition of trillions of tons of dust to the sun is causing an increase in power output.

I would like to believe the sunny theories about us moving into a new age and we are travelling through an area of space with transgenic energy, but I do not believe in such sunny and happy things. Maybe I should change my attitude, some say that is required.

Yes Global Climate change is real but that is where the big fraudsters and I differ. I know we are not causing it. They just want to use it to control us.

Part of the Cabal's plan.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This could explain it also.

www.grist.org...

Objection: Current warming is just part of a natural cycle.

Answer: While it is undoubtedly true that there are natural cycles and variations in global climate, those who insist that current warming is purely natural -- or even mostly natural -- have two challenges.

First, they need to identify the mechanism behind this alleged natural cycle. Absent a forcing of some sort, there will be no change in global energy balance. The balance is changing, so natural or otherwise, we need to find this mysterious cause.

Second, they need to come up with an explanation for why a 35% increase in the second most important greenhouse gas does not affect the global temperature. Theory predicts temperature will rise given an enhanced greenhouse effect, so how or why is it not happening?

The mainstream climate science community has provided a well-developed, internally consistent theory that accounts for the effects we are now observing. It provides explanations and makes predictions. Where is the skeptic community's model or theory whereby CO2 does not affect the temperature? Where is the evidence of some other natural forcing, like the Milankovich cycles that controlled the ice ages (a fine historical example of a dramatic and regular climate cycle that can be read in the ice core records taken both in Greenland and in the Antarctic)?

Volstok

Is this graph a candidate for explaining today's warming? A naive reading of this cycle indicates we should be experiencing a cooling trend now -- and indeed we were gradually cooling over the length of the pre-industrial Holocene, around .5C averaged over 8,000 years.

Not only is the direction of the change wrong, but compare the speed of those fluctuations to today's changes. Leaving aside the descents into glaciation, which were much more gradual, the sudden (geologically speaking) jumps up in temperature every ~100,000 years represent a rate of change roughly ten times slower what we are currently witnessing.

So could current changes be part of a natural cycle? Well, no natural cause has been identified. There is no climatological theory in which CO2 does not drive temperature. And natural cycle precedents do not exhibit the same extreme changes we're now witnessing.

In short: No

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
"Global Warming" in the sense that man and his activities are a cause of it is a HOAX. It is simply a way for a few people (Al "I created the internet" Gore being one of them) to profit off the good intentions of concerned citizens.

The concept that CO2 created by man is causing the climate changes is just beyond stupid. The primary thing that drives the climate of the Earth is the SUN. The reason the Global Warming crowd who WERE planning to line their pockets off of a naturally occurring phenomenon have changed to using "Climate Change" as their watchword instead of Global Warming is that the Sun caught them with their hands in the cookie jar and decided to go into a quiet period.

Since early 2008 Sunspots have just about disappeared and the magnetic flux of the Sun is at historical lows. Sunspots and the Sun's magnetic flux normally protect the Earth from Cosmic Rays which is essentially gamma radiation from outer space. With the protection down, Earth is getting more Cosmic Rays which interact with water vapor in the atmosphere and cause clouds and are also the energy source for lightning. More cloud cover equals less Sunlight hitting the surface of the Earth resulting in a cooling effect.

Bottom line is its touchy feel good to "lower your carbon footprint" but the effect on climate is a big ZIP. CO2 is GOOD, plants grow better and even if the percentage in the atmosphere were double its present amount it would have no effect on overall climate. The data 'ol weird Al and his minions used was cooked to make us think we were cooking ourselves and it was a load of BALONY! The dimwits even totally left the Sun out of their calculations.

No matter what we do, the climate was going to do what it was going to do and the Sun is whats doing it. What its doing now is going to cool the Earth down dramatically and we will see the effects even this winter. Already snow in parts of the U.S. that normally do not see snow until late November. Everyone needs to worry about keeping their butt warm not global warming. Buy blankets and warm fuzzy clothes if you want a warm and fuzzy feeling about the climate... cause its gonna get REALLY COLD outside!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
i believe its a hoax designed to make money for "green tech" companies and the politicos who support their agendas. i saw something on NGC or History channel, cant remember which, about a time when 10,000 volcanoes burned for 1,000 years and the earth and its life is still here. i heard one guy on c2c say that even if we tried, all the emissions from humans since we became industrialized is not even 1% of the amount of co2 thats been put into the atmosphere by volcanic eruptions during the earths roughly 4 billion year existence....rater global warming and cooling comes along in cycles and theres nothing we as humans can do to speed it up or slow it...its a natural process thats been happening since time began..

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
i see a lot of good information... but its semi confusing. you are all making good arguments but they all seem to have nothing to do with the others, making this a confusing debate. any one here have a good argument or one of the arguemnts given? especially in regards to the volcano topic brought up, that seems pretty concrete.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Whether or not the pollution (man-made/mankind) takes it toll on global warming, I do believe they should start working on all the toxins that come out of factories first since the effects to those who come in contact with it are proven instead of going anti-humanity on something that has the scientific community divided.

Planting trees will do the trick. You can't go more green than that. They're known filters and they look nice as well. Then again, it doesn't serve the PTB so they go around looking for other solutions.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Gordon Brown has recently told us that we got 50 days to sort this out, as though he wants to become so worried about the issues that we rally around him as our great saviour and ask him to save the planet.

I'm not being funny, but on my way to work all i could hear on the news was about the football last night, the man who has his sheep outfit set alight, another nursery sex attack issue, and so on. Nothing with regard to the nightmare scenario that will happen if Gordon Brown doesnt rescue the owrld in 50 days with the other political leaders of the world.

This I believe is a complete load of crap, and all the governments arent shouting too loudly about it, because they dont believe it themselves. there just doesnt seem to be any conviction in their eords or actions.

This is just another tax, simple as that, and we need to make it clear that we know its crap, and we aint falling for it.

Taxing us is not going to solve the issue, we need to change our ways in different ways.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by multichild]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think it started out as a theory, perhaps not meaning to be a hoax.

Problem is, it has all the makings of a perfect new religion so it connected with people and snowballed from there. Doomsday scenario, moral purpose in "saving the planet", way to pay for our sins, way to "come together" as a species.

After seeing Al Gore's movie, even I said to myself "This is something I could really sink my teeth into....this would give my life purpose" Thank God, I woke up. I could go on and on but it really is the perfect con game.

TPTB saw how easily and wonderfully it worked. People were willing to give their money away to save their souls. Out of that blossomed all sorts of cool money making schemes, big and small.

For instance, here in Ontario we have a company called Bullfrog Energy. You sign up, agree to pay a higher cost for your electricity and Bulfrog claims you are now buying "clean" energy. The fact is, you receive exactly the same electricity as everyone else. Do you think they have a separate grid for "renewable" energy? No. The extra money goes straight to profitable large subsidized corporations that throw up a few wind turbines for carbon credits. No questions asked, no accountability....just hand over your money please. Thank you very much. I can just see these executives laughing their heads off in the boardroom.

Global Warming "economics" works wonderfully for the smart people to fleece the dumb people and it's growing and growing. Now all our governments are jumping on board....easy taxes, lots of lucritive board positions in the renewable energy sector.

No, I don't really believe someone "conspired" to start this up somewhere. It just quickly morphed from good intentions into something very evil.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Gamma MO]

top topics

join