It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress wants to tax sugared drinks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I like the idea I'm in good shape so the tax will just be held till I file my tax returns at the end of the year. For every tax there's a loophole.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

They don't. I'm about 5'11" and 175lbs. I know I drink too many sodas, but I only gained 20lbs since turning 30 last year...and I've been stable at this weight for quite a while now. The fact that I haven't been able to get rid of it is certainly partially due to the sodas, but not the cause. Then again, I very rarely touch any other type of junk food.

This biggest reason that public health is deteriorating is because modern technology has led to a sedentary lifestyle. Sitting here typing on this damn computer right now is probably doing more long term damage to my health than a few sodas ever will. Maybe we should tax that, too.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I exercise. And I also drink sodas, milk, water, juice. I like a good milky way everyday. I think its total BS to tax sodas or candy, or even cigarettes. It its so unhealthy, then ban it.

Next they will limit times that you are able to watch tv, its unhealthy. Governors in your car to keep it under 35. Going faster is unhealthy. Lets also incorporate a new government organization that checks homes to make sure they are clean. A sick full of dirty dishes is unhealthy.

How about people that don't shower regularly, lets tax them also. Its unhealthy and I don't want to have to smell you.

Lets tax ugly people too, it hurts my eyesight to gaze on such people.

If you can't prove that you have exercised 20 hours in a week, taxed. Its unhealthy to not exercise.

All of these ideas are pretty ridiculous. The same as a soda tax. If you don't like soda or candy you're not forced to eat it. If someone wants to be a fat ass let them. Why does it bother you.

Whatever happened to the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
how about taxing stairs? they are the leading cause of home injuries.
and bungee cords? they are the leading cause of eye injuries.
maybe stoves? not healthy to get burned.
i could go on and on but i think the gov't is just wanting and trying to control people and tell them what they can and can't do and if you don't like it you get taxed out of existence.
not to mention the fact they gave out trillions of dollars(which we didn't have to begin with) so they are looking for ways to make it up
by subtley taxing things most americans will just turn a blind eye and accept it if it doesn't affect them.
but where is the line drawn? sooner or later they will do something that affects you.
people need to stand up and demand that it is them who control what they want. not big brother.i don't want an unproven swine flu vaccine and don't tell me i have to get one- that is my right
same as our constitutional rights-let them get one and watch where the rest go. called the stepping stone and americans are to apathethic to realize that
and personally i rarely drink soda but you can't tell me that is why americans are obese-it is all for gov't control and they want slaves through taxation.
whatever happened to the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness?
ask the criminals in congress they'll tell you-that is make believe

top topics

<< 1   >>

join