It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida setting up for Death panels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I was not going to post here again due to the uneven handling of posts done by some so called moderators ( double warnings for a 2 month old same post) and no response from the higher ups. but felt this was important to get out.

I came across this post Florida's new guid lines

Florida health officials are drawing up guidelines that recommend barring patients with incurable cancer, end-stage multiple sclerosis and other conditions from being admitted to hospitals if the state is overwhelmed by flu cases.

And since it hits close to home I wanted others to be sure to see it. The title shows exactly what their intentions are " Florida plan advises hospitals to bar some patients in event of severe flu pandemic" If you do not meet their criteria you are dead. First of all realize I have no problem with a triage system to set the order of who will be seen first. But this says you will not be seen at all. For example someone like me ( over 40 with a terminal illness ( cancer)) would not even be allowed inside the door of a hospital.
I guess they no longer use those old sayings of the Hippocratic oath or first do no harm.

So what would you do if this happened to you or someone in your family? I can see some going postal on both the government ( who does not have death panels remember) and doctors who perform these murders. I realize some will not like that term but that is what it is if a doctor refuses to even try to help a patient. Obviously they have nothing lose. Lawsuits are most likely not going to be allowed, after all they would not want to hold the guilty accountable.
This is supposed to be a free country where everyone is equal under the law. This is not anywhere legal in my opinion and can barely wait until the ACLU chimes in on it when illegals are treated before American citizens or legal immigrants. As long as they do not have a terminal illness they can be treated .
This is so wrong on so many levels.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have been reading up a bit on the new ethics that a lot of doctors are using instead of the Hippocrates Oath. I came across this quote which reflects how doctors are increasingly choosing what patients they want to treat:

You are a member of the first generation of doctors in the history of medicine to turn their backs on the oath of Hippocrates and kill millions of old useless people, unborn children, born malformed children, for the good of mankind —and to do so without a single murmur from one of you. Not a single letter of protest in the august New England Journal of Medicine. And do you know what you’re going to end up doing? You a graduate of Harvard and a reader of the New York Times and a member of the Ford Foundation’s Program for the Third World? Do you know what is going to happen to you? . . . You’re going to end up killing Jews.

Link

Hitler would have been proud.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
interesting report.

I actually see logic behind this. First off, you have to take this in perspective...this is a emergency guideline of a outbreak on epic preportions where people are literally dying in the streets from a superflu.
The question is, if a hospital can only treat say 100 people a hour, and there are 5000 people an hour in need of treatment or they will die..who do you treat.

This is a perfectly valid discussion to have (albeit extremely creepy...what do they know). The decisions they are making are pretty logical...why give the bed for someone near death anyhow when you can give that same bed to someone whom has the potential of a long healthy life if treated?
it sucks, but its also fair. when ships sunk in the past, us men didn't complain that it was women and children first...we seen the value in the decision...this is the sinking ship senario they are simply talking about.

Death panels...why not call it lifeboat panels?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
interesting report.

I actually see logic behind this. First off, you have to take this in perspective...this is a emergency guideline of a outbreak on epic preportions where people are literally dying in the streets from a superflu.
The question is, if a hospital can only treat say 100 people a hour, and there are 5000 people an hour in need of treatment or they will die..who do you treat.

This is a perfectly valid discussion to have (albeit extremely creepy...what do they know). The decisions they are making are pretty logical...why give the bed for someone near death anyhow when you can give that same bed to someone whom has the potential of a long healthy life if treated?
it sucks, but its also fair. when ships sunk in the past, us men didn't complain that it was women and children first...we seen the value in the decision...this is the sinking ship senario they are simply talking about.

Death panels...why not call it lifeboat panels?

I initially agree, in theory. But once the door has been opened to allow/not allow termanilly patients, and CREATE A JUSTIFICATION for it, then you have a brand new can of worms. The point is never to allow any sort of justification, in my opinion.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
SO this is the State of Florida doing this and not the Federal government. I thought that should be clear before someone ties this to healthcare reform. I do think a better term than death panels could have been used. Sounds like propaganda to use "death panels".

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
With the amount of retirees in the State of Florida, the hospitals could be totally inundated with very sick elderly. The state will choose to save the citizens with the most earning potential. The estate and death taxes wouldn't hurt either.

top topics

join