It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was I about to have an OBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I was sitting on the couch watching TV relaxing a few hours after I got off work and suddenly my focus directed (unwillingly) "through the TV" to the reflections on its surface. As soon as I realized this I went into a deep daydream about my family and random past events. The imagery was so intense that it felt like it was forced, as if my mind assumed what I wanted to think and "I" didn't have any resistance to what was going on--it just happened...before I knew it I was in this odd trance-like state.

I felt like something was emerging out of my hands/wrist/lower arm (angling out from my elbow) and I tried to move my arms but I couldn't. It felt like they were super heavy, sort of like when your arm falls asleep and it's difficult to move, but without any of the tingling or the slight pain. I felt handicapped...

Now, I've never experienced an OBE but I've read a lot about them and I've been practicing. I've heard people often roll onto their left side to stop an OBE. I tried to move and suddenly after a few tries my arm flung towards my girlfriend in the middle of an attempt to move. I rolled onto the floor and told her what just happened.

Don't ask me why I didn't let it happen...half of me wants an OBE and half of me isn't ready for it, especially when others are around. Do you think I was about to have a spontaneous OBE?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have yet to have a full OBE, but I have come very close sometimes. The farthest I have gotten is to feel my body seem ultra-heavy. From what I understand, this heavyness is what your body would feel like during sleep, if your brain wasn't sleeping as well. So, yes I believe you were close. Good luck

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have never had an obe, but i think once something happened by accident.

You get this big thud when you like come back into your body lol.

Never happened again and i will not try it, but like others the idea of it, is a bit weird. I think most people are scared of the idea, and also with the electromagnetic pollution around it is probably also harder to do.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Potentially an OBE

You will find that when you go into a light trance state that a lot of supressed and repressed memories can begin to surface and other types of psychic debris.

Once the first pearl has been removed from the necklace the rest will follow one at a time.

Looks as though your OBE practice is paying off!

Thks

Bravo

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by semidiablan

Out of curiosity what was on the television that you were watching?

I have personally watched many people go into a hypnotic state while watching the television.

It is really weird.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I think I was watching a paranormal show but I'm not sure. Thanks for all your responses...it looks like I'm getting closer to a full blown OBE. Bravo111, it's interesting what you said about the suppressed and repressed memories because I'm sort of "in between phases" right now so that would make sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I have never had an obe, but i think once something happened by accident.

You get this big thud when you like come back into your body lol.

Never happened again and i will not try it, but like others the idea of it, is a bit weird. I think most people are scared of the idea, and also with the electromagnetic pollution around it is probably also harder to do.

I have always wonderd what this was... May I use this opportunity to ask for an answer?

Often, when laying in bed before falling asleep, I do not realize that I have dozed off until I feel a falling/pulling sensation as If I am being pulled back into my body. You are quite right by describing it as a thud, at the last second.
Usually, this sensation only lasts about 2-3 seconds but lately my experiences have been prolonged to 6-10 seconds if not longer.
Also, when this usually happens I only notice it at the thud (when I'm back) but lately I have been experiencing the pull and I am fully aware of it, which is strange to me.
Does anyone know what the reason for this is?
I do not wish to hi-jack the the thread, so I hope it's ok that I've asked this.

top topics

join