It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Praise the Lord! NASA says that the world won't end in 2012!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Nasa: world will not end in 2012

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A Nasa scientist has condemned film producers over a viral marketing campaign that suggests the world will come to and end in 2012.

Praise the Lord! The world won't end in 2012 afterall!

Now pass me that goddamn ammo...

[BTW... the frigg'n Breaking News link was not working, hence this post here.]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
He doesn't know that...ok the 2012 prophecies are all nonsense we know that.But hell,that doesn't mean the world *can't* end in 2012 from another means.GRB,super volcano,meteor etc..then again the world itself probably wouldn't end in those sorts of scenarios,just most life on it...

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That is fantastic I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

I've read a bit about 2012 (prior to my ats days and currently its unavoidable). I was actually wondering how long it would take for mass panic to set in, being as my real life circle few people had been aware of it before the movie. Thanks NASA for addressing the issue.

The sad part is in the article it was stated that teens were calling in saying they would rather commit suicide than be part of a global extinction. That is wrong on so many levels. I question the mental state of our youth in general for this and because over the years there has already been a huge rise in teen suicide (at least in my area). I wonder IF a person were to commit suicide, if sony could be held accountable? I understand that it is movie, most sane people understand it is a movie, but that being said I have not visited the web site as yet, and if it is as convincing as NASA claims could sony be held accountable in the case that John writes a note saying the reason for his untimely demise was because he wasn't picked as a survivor on the website.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
sadly this is what it'll take for some people to believe it.

OP, your previous posts lead me to believe that you are actually a believer in all this bull

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
wow a scientist from NASA has spoken and now it is law. that changes everything. NASA has been and will always be our most trusted source of information regarding end of the world and space exploration. NASA would never lie and everthing coming from NASA should be written and added into the bible of truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
NASA is condemning the movie makers for saying the world will end while they believe it wont.

Its just opinions. I suggest everybody get their own by looking into all the stuff available for 2012. Personally I put a lot of credibility into the ancient stories. They knew.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
NASA = Nazi = The Law

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Finally NASA shows some honesty.

I wish they disclosed their real secrets to the people that are taxed to fund them.

and boy, do they got a bunch of secrets...

and to those people who really think 2012 is the end, do you really think hollywood would make movies about it if it were truth?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Aw Cmon! I want the world to end in 2012. I was planning on taking out a lot of loans from loan sharks that week.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
wow a scientist from NASA has spoken and now it is law. that changes everything. NASA has been and will always be our most trusted source of information regarding end of the world and space exploration. NASA would never lie and everthing coming from NASA should be written and added into the bible of truth.

LOL Took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The world will not end in 2012...

It will just get hit by planet x..
after which the poles will shift...
causing the Atlantic gulfstream to come to a halt...
and the arctic to melt...

...but luckily the M12 have already contact Blossom who will send a starship to pick us all up...

No worries folks...

But seriously...although I'm not buying all the 2012 stories...scientifically it is impossible to state an event will or won't happen in the future due to unknown variables.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Maybe the world will not end apocalyptic as everyone thinks it is going to be. Maybe the world we know it to be like will end but that doesn't have to mean mass destruction.

I have read posts around here about new world order. Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with the Copenhagen climate change treaty that will sign over all the countries to one big world order. That treaty goes affective in 2012. The world as we know it to be will end. just a stray thought here.

So woohoo one theory down... so many others to go..

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
o man.... i was planning to take salary in advance for six moths in around november 2010....
but the whole planning fail now.... but anyway lets hope for the best that it happens and ......

i did not find any proper reason that why NASA is coming now to disclose some facts....

THEY ARE PLAYING A VERY BIG GAME WITH PEOPLE .... WE MAY REALISE WHEN ALIENS ATTACK EARTH AND ONLY TWO PEOPLE WILL LEFT ON THE EARTH..... OBAMA AND BUSH...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm not being sarcastic here when I say that this development reminds me of a certain story about a survivor from another world crashing here on Earth after his planet's destruction.

The Kryptonians, didn't want to listen to either.
I know that the story is 100% fictional, but there resounds a grain of truth to the notions contained within.

If in fact the people of Earth were to face extinction(for real) I doubt that the PTB would do anything to warn us.
Better to BITE IT without knowing it's coming.
"Anticipation of death, is worse than death itself"
They already have their contingency plans in place.
Sad to say, that logistically, it would be impossible to save the vast majority of creatures and humans of this planet.

Unless, there is a genetic Noah's Ark fully loaded and ready to go at a moments notice, then kiss this worlds inhabitants good by.

It is inevitable.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Fear Mongering......Blaaaaah

Pass the ammo!!!!!

join