It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Sphinx is more than 12,000 years old.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Contemporary Egyptologists usually date the Egyptian Spinx back to 2,500BC, allegedly built during the Khafra dynasty, but there is a wealth of evidence that suggests otherwise.

This article...

newagetravel.com...

...is a decent starter summary of the possible true age of the Sphinx.

The greatest Egyptian monuments may be much older than today's mainstream archaeologists are willing to admit. Although the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx are "officially" dated as Fourth Dynasty (2575 - 2150 bce) there is evidence to suggest they may actually be 10,000 years older.

www.dreamscape.com...

A. Geology, The pattern of erosion on the Sphinx indicates that it was carved at the end of the last Ice Age, when heavy rains fell on the eastern Sahara -- perhaps more than 12,000 years ago. This contrasts starkly with the "orthodox" Egyptological dating for the Sphinx of around 4,500 years ago.

www.egypt-tehuti.org...

But when was the Sphinx built? And who built it? Many believe the answers are somewhere between 2520-2494 BCE, during the reign of Khafra (Chephren). But these commonly held beliefs are wrong. Let us study the evidence...

www.sacredsites.com...

The geological findings discussed above indicate that the Sphinx seems to have been sculpted sometime before 10,000 BC, and this period coincides with the Age of Leo the Lion, which lasted from 10,970 to 8810 BC.

This article is an easy-to-read one...

www.perceptions.couk.com...

Geology tells us there has been virtually no heavy rainfalls on Giza for more than 5,000 years; the last period of heavy rains being centered around 10,000 years ago - following ending of Ice Age, possibly linked to a comet/meteorite impact. ref 3 Co-incidentally other one-time myths ref 4 recently rediscovered - either fortuitously or by hard-slog archeological search - fit the same time-slot for a build-date. That evidence shows possible build-dates were before sea-level rise after last Ice Age.

And David Wilcock had weighed in as well:

divinecosmos.com...< br />

Experts have known for years that carbon dating is inexact but until researchers from Bristol and Harvard completed their study no one knew by how much." So therefore, the carbon-14 test on the pyramid is in no way conclusive, and the historical date of the creation of the pyramid cannot be validated from such a study.

Also, according to an article by Robert Sheer, water marks were found on the sides of the Great Pyramid at a level 400 feet higher than the Nile river is today, and deposits of sea salt inside the Pyramid corroborate the theory that it and the Sphinx must have been built before the time of the melting of the last great Ice Age, about 12,000 years ago.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Historical-Mozart]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting. I'm going to come back to this when I have time to read those links.

But one thing comes to mind immediately.......doesn't the head of the Sphinx depict an Egyptian king? I'm sure there was no Egyptian kingdom 12,000 years ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Great post! Work Well Done. I have been interested in the the ancient civilizations for some time and it has always been my belief that the age of these structures is not what they say it is. The ancients were alot older than what common consensus says. Good work overall!

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Schlotzkins

i can see you argument, but picture this, you are the head of s civilization that happens to have a giant cat with wierd regal cat statue in its back yard. everyone has seen this cat for god knows how long.

wouldnt you emulate this god greature in your appearance to give yourself credibility?

life imitating art? or art imitating life.

ok i was gonna post a pic of his face so we can see it then i found this article
www.dailymail.co.uk...

the head is really way out of proportion for the body. is that right for a people who could build a geometrically perfect pyramid in alignment to the poles?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schlotzkins
Wow, very interesting. I'm going to come back to this when I have time to read those links.

But one thing comes to mind immediately.......doesn't the head of the Sphinx depict an Egyptian king? I'm sure there was no Egyptian kingdom 12,000 years ago.

Some people have speculated that when the Sphynx was originally carved it was Anubis, if you believe that to be true the original head was much bigger (to match the body). It was discussed on ATS here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Schlotzkins

The head is disproportionate to the body. Therefore at some time people must have recarved the likeness of a ruler onto it thus making the head much smaller.

The timeframes being suggested for the sphinx's carving sits very well with archaeo-astronomy of the age where Leo was rising before the Sun in the mornings about 10,500BC in a direct line to the Sphinx. There has been some research into the possibilities of the alignment and therefore the timing, but it is considered not factual by traditional egyptian historians.

It seems breaking through the historically accepted views to have alternative possibilities considered is near on impossible. They do not wish to even consider anything outside of their current beliefs.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

If the Sphinx or parts of it, as it appears, is around 12,000 years old, meaning pre-egyptian in terms of civilizations, then who built it?
Also, what about the temples and pyramids itself around the Sphinx?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
wasn't the sphinx carved not built. It was a pre--existing rock formation that was carved into the sphinx. so it was obviously around for years before it was carved into shape. Kind of like Mt Rushmore. Just because the mountains of Rushmore are millions of years old doesnt mean the four presidents faces are.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

I think you'll find whoever carved it started out by digging out the pit around it then carving the shape into the central piece within the pit. So it wasn't a pre-existent rock sitting above ground.

It's worth reading "Keeper of Genesis" to get a better understanding of the possible timeframe it was carved in and the possible why's for it's carving.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yup, "civilized" man has been around alot longer than we think. What disturbs me is what is being hidden. Sometimes i just wonder if our ancestors do what we normally do and we digressed.

Or maybe the sphinx is a leftover artifact from the age of magic (LOL). Seeing as how it's alot older than we think, we have no idea why it was built nevermind the purpose.

Those Egypt guys are hiding something...there is nothing wrong with admitting that it's alot older than they thought it was.

It makes me wonder if an age of mankind is purposely being kept secret...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

Now that's the million dollar question!

Amazingly enough, Egyptologists had an answer BEFORE THEY EVEN SAW THE DATA! Nobody. They say nobody could have built it that long ago, therefore it wasn't built that far back.

Which is interesting to say the least. It's the Egyptologists' job to form their soft "science" around the hard science of archaeology and the even harder science of geology.

But alas their group circle-jerk is so tight the blood supply has been cut off to their collective brain.

The hard evidence contradicts what they already "know" to be true so they act as though it doesn't exist. Which is a real shame since it leaves speculation to those even battier than Egyptologists.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Ragu23]

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Ragu23]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schlotzkins

some theories suggest that the sphinx head was re-carved around 2500bc. It shouldnt be a surprise to us if the egyptians in fact renovated the sphinx and the pyramids many times over their history.

Heck we just did a renovation a few years ago. Who knows, maybe in 5,000 years the scholars will give us credit for building the sphinx !

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If you want to find out the real information about the Sphinx, then you need to go to the Vatican library.

The Vatican library has information on EVERYTHING that has EVER happened to humans since the beginning of time.

The church uses this information to control the world.

They have "dirt" on everyone, so to speak.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

If it is carved, I think the head is disproportionally small because they couldn't get a larger one to stay in one piece. And I pretty much think the same even if it isn't carved.
They seem to have had engineering problems with pyramids too. Think of the 'crooked pyramid'. It seems to be a mid job correction because they didn't feel the original design was going to stay standing. They had a few fall apart prior to that.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
i just finished a 12hr night shift,thought "i'll have a quick look in!"
this is itself ancient history,you not read robert buvals book,i'm thinking like 8 yrs ago i read about this ...sheezzzz.nite all

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
sfinx head was originally a lion's head... later carved into a kings head..
that also the reason the head is to small for the whole statue

[edit on 17-10-2009 by ressiv]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Because you can't have a thread about the Great Sphinx without some badass pics to looks at:

(sorry, I don't know how to resize. Click on my album link at the end to see full size images, or U2U me and let me know how to resize them, thanks)

The Great Sphinx via the early 1950's or 60's
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ead1ac2aa636.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b60ef1faaf0.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/475bb5371193.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b606c313d05d.jpg[/atsimg]

Restored:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64927f988cf3.jpg[/atsimg][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fc8f4b2de70.jpg[ /atsimg]

Compartment under right ear?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f191d021144d.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b41fb0b0bf6.jpg[/atsimg]

And just because it's awesome:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cbeaf7a618e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Album

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Very nice & enlightening. Makes me wonder what was on top of it's head at one time.

A few interesting sketches below.

www.catchpenny.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
You know its funny it seems that people who say this or anything contradictory to Dr Zawi Hawass (or whoever pulls his puppet strings) get banned from research on the platue. . . .

Heres a few links im borrowing from a post by TheWayISeeIt
concerning these bannings and there reasons which are are quite rediculous

Joann Fletcher

www.think-aboutit.com...

Dietrich Wildung, an eminent scholar who runs the Egyptian Museum in Berlin

www.riddleofthesphinx.com...

John Anthony West

guardians.net...

Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval

newagetravel.com...

Also respected Geologist and geo-physicist Robert Schoch dated the Sphinx at 5000-7000 B.C and im pretty sure he was banned for that but i cant find the link anymore.

heres a good site

The Modern Riddle of the Sphinx

www.dreamscape.com...

Hawass needs the boot aswell as whoever manipulates him. That is the only way we'll ever know anything about egypt

[edit on 17-10-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The sphinx's head is completely dispraportionate in size to the rest of the body especially when you take into account the weathering effects that have taken place on its body/torso. For such an advanced culture you think they would get that right. To me its obvious that tha egyptians re-carved the head to suit. You obviously dont want a large statue depicting any other god than yourself! I have seen many BBC programs stating just this.

Great post! This stuff is very interesting and yet i findit difficult to understand the mentality of the geologists who refuse to believe these amazing cultural relics can be that old!

s&f

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join