It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age "One" Belief = Spiritual Borg?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Yes...bastardization. Its as if anything entering earth-realm is prone to become contaminated...

There`s a lot to be learned about religion, spirituality, science, reality. The world of 2009 to is on a kindergarden-level of understanding. But I hope that in the year 2080, more conversations such as ours will fill the internet-messages boards.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hope springs eternal.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
EKKK! Doublepost monster gots me! Ohhh noes!!!

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Oneness and Individuality are only incompatible on the dualistic-plane of reality not in actuality, imo.

My sense is - and thats no offense to you - that the author of that Blog-article does not know certain states of spirit.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

Correct. He writes from a state of ignorance. A state of thinking and knowing instead of the root state of being or isness. Were he to experience or remember this stateless state, the root of all states, the above OP wouldn't have transpired.

The problem occurs when egos (and only when identified with) try to conceptualize beingness. This is impossible. One cannot know the unknowable. One simply is. The combination of Male and Female aspects of Enlightenment. Shiva and Shakti intertwined in reverent coitus forever ad infinitum.

Think of the "individual" as the suction cup on an octopus' tentacle. It feels surfaces and tastes whatever it comes into contact with all on it's own just like the other suction cups do which occasionally meet and touch other suction cups all the while exchanging and gathering information without losing separateness. Yet each one of these cups is attached to the greater whole, that being the octopus. It gets all of the information through it's separate suction cups. No two cups sensing the exact thing ever. It is a separate and intimate experience.

We too are like these cups. We gather and store and nurture information. No two people can ever have the exact same experiences and interpret them the exact same way. It is intimate and personal. Too many parameters that create filters of observation based on creed, religion, culture and mental capacity. All paths do not lead to the One. That is incorrect. All paths emanate from the One.

So when you leave this body, the gross physical, the corporeal behind, the veil of forgetfullness will be fully removed and one will see the constant interconnectedness that has always been and never not been. Or one can simply do this with meditation and concentration exercises. It doesn't really matter. It is inevitable. Here, there, now, later...It's all the same. Bottom line? Enjoy yourself. You are an information gathering vessel and contact for the greater whole. You are a way for Consciousness to experience it's Self through you! The good, the bad, the indifferent. It doesn't matter. Just the plethora of experience that is it's Self. God's eyes shine on all things with complete equanimity. No good. No bad. No divisive world of opposites and duality. Just this... You are one of many windows for God's eyes!!

You will inevitably and eventually see that the Witness inside you is actually outside you and that the gross physical body is inside you with all of the other physical elements or constructs fully inside YOU. You in actuality are all of it. The Unseen Witness as well as simultaneously being all that is Witnessed. Big Mind and Big Heart. Shiva and Shakti. Eros and Agape.

Whether you are enjoying the experience of your life or not is superfluous. It's still an experience for the ultimate whole to cherish unconditionally through you. Every experience good or bad, no matter how it is perceived is still Spirit. No more or no less. It is fully present equally in all formats and contructs and it is present without them. The Witness seeing and reading these words right now is the exact same Witness that typed them. Everything you are looking at is You looking at YOU!

Open your window and see your Original Face. The one you had before your parents were born....

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I've personally seen many people sucked into the collective borg that is new-age mumbo jumbo. I, too, once thought this must be some sort of evil interdimensional being.

It is of major interest to me, that people not only allow themselves forgiveness of their past experiences after such an assimilation, but continue on making the same mistakes thinking that they are perfectly divine, and therefore have no need to progress.

I'm not saying that everyone who "experiences the divine" becomes like this, but it seems the bulk take on this perspective. I truly think that this "enlightenment" is doing much more damage to this world than good. But of course, the good and bad are but one and the same, so it doesn't much matter. lol!

[edit on 18-10-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Speaking of those who would embrace dronehood Sky..............

reply to post by redwoodjedi

Disagreement is not ignorance friend. As for the rest. Real pretty langauge but it is nothing but the facts as far as you are concerned with alot of analogy mixed in. Which makes it true to *and I would argue for* you.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Disagreement is not ignorance friend. As for the rest. Real pretty langauge but it is nothing but the facts as far as you are concerned with alot of analogy mixed in. Which makes it true to *and I would argue for* you.

Well, I wouldn't exactly call what I have embraced as dronehood. Ha! Quite far from it. However, as soon as I try to explain to you in words what it is I am experiencing I have effectively conceptualized it and made it a lie. It cannot be known. It is felt and experienced. Just this. No big woop!

It is not my responsibility to make things clear for you or any other. It is for you to partake of the journey of your own making. It really doesn't matter to me whether you do it or not. Where you are and how you are is just fine.

Like I said. Enjoy yourself! I have no obligation to you or anybody else in this regard. I am having a nice time that is filled with Light and Spirit and it needs no justification from any other aspect of my Self for affirmation. It is that fulfilling!

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/OctpmSun, 18 Oct 2009 13:36:05 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I would also like to say, congratulations on disagreement! Yet another unique experience for Oneness to enjoy for it's Self of it's Self by it's Self. Doesn't matter.

Glad you like the pretty words. They are all lies as are all concepts and constructs.

Here is the simple format:

I AM

WE ARE

ALL IS

ONE BEING

Scientific fact: You are connected with everything. Every THING.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Yet you felt my comments enough that you took the time to post. Rather self-rightously I might add. You are welcome to your beliefs and I would personally defend your right to have them. But don't make the zealot's mistake and think that just because someone doesn't share your views means that they are ignorant of them or stupid or just not getting it or etc or etc. If you wish to forsake your individuality that is your path and you're welcome to it. But no truth as defined by man is a universal truth.
Good day.

And incidently, just because we are interconnected does not mean we are one I hate to tell you. I refer you to Sky's comments about puzzles pieces.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

There is a great amount of appeal in forsaking your individuality to some or even simply allowing others to make your decisions for you. It removes personal responsibility amongst other things.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ive experienced this one-ness on a few ocassions and its very beautiful. I can understand how many thousands of religions, cults, gurus, teachings are set up around it. Frankly its so beautiful that you never ever want to settle for less once you`ve tasted it. People sense there is something more vast to be experienced so they are prone to getting scammed, brainwashed, borg-ed, droned, indoctrinated, mind-controlled...in search for just a little piece of the divine. When Infinity becomes a concept it becomes a belief. And when it becomes a belief it accumulates followers. And then you get your Borg-Syndrome...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Exactly! While I do think that those who can remain grounded, or perhaps live in both worlds at once, may actually progress through such a perspective, the majority of people simply use this enlightenment as a means to be very selfish and highly narcissistic.

I don't think that everyone who has genuine spiritual yearnings falls into this category, but tend to think that those who see through this also find no good comes from talking and trying to spread spirituality. I find truly spiritual people blend in with society as to not make a scene, and speak not of what they experience. They are simply more empathetic and compassionate. The opposite of what I find new-age followers to be.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I find truly spiritual people blend in with society as to not make a scene, and speak not of what they experience. They are simply more empathetic and compassionate. The opposite of what I find new-age followers to be.

I´d also say that we have never even heard of the most spiritual people alive...and probably never will.

Good point.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Try, forget everything you have been taught, Imagine something new, you cannot,

WE are the sum of our experiences. Every thought you think, someone else has thought before you.

Every religion or spiritual path has fed off another.

Forget everything you think you know, Give it all up, let it go.

I think spiritual enlightenment, for lack of a better word, happens, in a blink of an eye, in a dark moment when thought stops.

If you can free your mind,you will find inspiration.

Or Not, lol,

Never take yourself or anyone else to seriously.

[edit on 023131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That sword cuts both ways. What is what you believe is created by an accumulation of your experience. Now, isn't it hubris to assume your experience is universal? Which is pride, something, I believe that is also suposed to be abandoned.

editted to add:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I am not sure I agree with that. It makes spirituality sound almost like a contest doesn't it? Or a pissing contest.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

No truer words ever spoken than what Stormdancer said. You give up knowing anything and what is left is experience. Reality.

Of course, for taking part in Internet Discussion, that might not be a practical thing to do just yet...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

HI Watcher

Now, isn't it hubris to assume your experience is universal?

True, no one persons experiences are alike,

Unless one lives under a rock.

WE do influence one another.

I sometimes wish I could go back in time and see, and experience, total innocence.

Or forward, which ever.

[edit on 033131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Perhaps I misread it but it sounded awfully like the claims I recieved in my thread about how we "know" nothing. Which was as follows "I once knew nothing and now I know stuff." when "knowing" is a bit of a illusion as best as I can tell. It sounds like a shortcut, a way to sound smart and like you know what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hello Storm.

I rather enjoy the lessons in being that I am learning now. Even though here and now can suck it's really the only place I wish to be.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join