It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: China Threatens Taiwan Once More.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Amid recent news on the war on terror, here are countries that seem to want to add to the present conflicts in the world, and China seems to be the forefront runner.

WorldNetDaily.com

"Beijing last night threatened Taiwan with destruction if President Chen Shui-bian doesn't accept China is "one nation."

In an official statement, the mainland government warned Taiwan leaders to make choices about the future carefully or the "Chinese people will crush their schemes firmly and thoroughly at any cost."

"At present, the relations across the Taiwan Strait are severely tested," the statement said. "To put a resolute check on the 'Taiwan independence' activities aimed at dismembering China ... is the most pressing task before the compatriots on both sides of the strait."

The statement was issued by the Taiwan Affairs Office under the Communist Party and the State Council. It came four days before Chen is inaugurated as president.

"Chen Shui-bian has left Taiwan society deeply torn with his vicious mischaracterization of the popular will of the Taiwan people, his unbridled instigation of hostility and animosity towards the mainland, and his frenzied provocation to the status quo that both the mainland and Taiwan belong to the one and same China," the harshly worded document said."

The Chinese government seems to be telling Taiwan that they will never let them separate from China, and will stop Taiwan's independance at whatever cost.

Related News
Curbing "Taiwan independence" most urgent task
"Taiwan independence" most urgent task

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I wouldnt expect anything less from the red dragon. reminds me of when the Chinese spy was stealing nuclear secrets & they got so angry at the US for catching him....complete lunacy over there

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I think part of the timing of China's rants is to try and stay under the radar. Just enough to get the word out, but not strong enough to be heard over the war on terror. That is, until they finally take action. I believe they will someday, probably within a year.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If China waits a year it could be possible the U.S is not so busy with Iraq by then, and if China is trully going to attack Taiwan, they will do it when the U.S has its hands full, and about now is a good time to do it, or right before, or about election time in the U.S is a good time too.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I would have to agree about election time. I think though that it would happen about 2 or 3 weeks before the election.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here we go again.

I swear China is all bark and no bite.

China�s a big bad bully picking on the small kids at recess.

How many times can they possibly threaten Taiwan in someone's lifetime? So far, I can think of four or five in the past four-five years

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Even though we've heard it many times, I still can't summarily dismiss it. They can be whacky and I remember the coverage from Tienamin (sp) Square like it was yesterday.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I believe in the possibillity that this time China may actually do it. They have an enormous force just over the sea from Taiwan and its increasing all the time.

The time to strike is perfect for the Chinese, the US and its allies are up to their necks with other problems and militarily its bad to fight wars on two fronts.

Also for the first time Taiwan really is in a position to be able to go down the independance route, and that may just take it this time.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That's the hard part. Of course they're capable. Of course they're crazy enough! I just hope they're not stupid enough!!!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
People they are not capable of invading taiwan at this current time. All they could do (whicih is alot) is bombard it with missles and taiwan has a massive missle defence system. Im not dissmissing this most old memebers will atest im one of the first ppl on this board to predict a war with china. Unless china just develope sometin spectacular then this threat is jus tlike the rest of the threats. But i do think we are getting closer to war then we have ever been.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The timing is right. The Chinese are whacky. The sleeping dragon might just wake up soon. I, too, remember Tianamin Square as if it were yesterday. I hope we're wrong about them taking Taiwan. We're in a heck of a mess as it is. If they lob rockets at Taiwan, all hell will break loose. Can I find a rock somewhere to crawl under?

joey

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
China is very unpredictable. I think somehwere down the road, they will most likely be at war with the US. Stuff like this is a prime example of possible triggers...yuck....China is a scary country, after Tienement (sp) Square, I lost a lot of faith in the world and its all China's fault!! LOL They woke me up to the reality of how barbaric the world still is.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have more fear of China than Russia, Russia and the west think a long 'similar' lines, The Chinese are a different kettle of fish altogether. A potent and dangerous opponent.

top topics

join