It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, another UFO Picture.....or is it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I was going through some old biking pics from a few years back and came across this ' Object ' in one of the pictures.

Im not remotely qualified to determine what it is but i thought i would put it out there as there appears to be a good few members clued up on this kind of stuff.

This is a cropped version of the original, the only manipulation done to it was resize and blow up the ' Object '.

The original full rez image can be uploaded if need be.

Please note that i tried to add this image to my account but ive since lost my password to gain access to " My Pictures " and no longer use that email account so i couldnt reset it. So i opened a new account thinking i could start a thead with it but i need 20 posts to do so......now thats out of the way...!!

What do you guys think it is?

Please feel free to ask me anything about the image and ill give as much info as i can.

Personally, i have no idea what it is. It does look like its spinning?

Ill leave it up to you guys lol

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/644ff9c71e3e.jpg[/atsimg]

As far as i know, the EXIF data is still on the image, if that helps any?

Cheers, looking forward to hearing what ya's got to say

IP

Edit to add, sorry about the tight cropon the right hand side.....perhaps the image of 700px is to big. Mabye 600px would have been better?

[edit on 16-10-2009 by InfoProvider]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
500px image seems better!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d8c10b3b6f8.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers

IP

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
lampost

theres another to the left.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwiksilva
lampost

theres another to the left.

LOL ya could VERY well be right my friend.I had thought of that but ..erm, i dont see the post?

Perhaps a photo anomoly in such a way that the camera didnt pick up the post? Could well be.

I just thought i would put it out there anyways....ya just never know lol

Cheers,

IP

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In all honesty, I immediately thought lampost too.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
lol yea i think you's are right......ill go for lamp post to

Dam, though it had something then lmao

Anyway, cheers guys. At least we can move on now!

IP

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am neither a UFO nor a photograph expert however. I need to observe that there are no shadows/illumination points that would "blur" or "blind" out the light pole, PLUS, the object is ABOVE the house, and that's at an angle from distance. That is either one really tall light pole (with a really skinny/shiny pole) or that is a UFO (of some kind). It IS spinning, you can tell by the blur. That is my opinion. Good pic, thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
To me it also looks like a lamppost, there is another on the left but badly visible because of the red line. Could you please upload the original?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Can you upload the untouched original ? Can't really analyze an image that has been tampered with.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Check out the russian pic of the colud!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If you can, go back to the area and see if you can duplicate the shot. The 'lamp post' with nothing holding it up should be there or not.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Can you upload the untouched original ? Can't really analyze an image that has been tampered with.

Hi there, yea here is the original -

Rez 3008x2000 px
Size 1.12mb

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7526ee15385e.jpg[/atsimg]

Unfortunalty i cant go back to this place as im thousands of miles away.

Ya see, i am a photograher by trade ( though i didnt take this pic, my buddy did, im on the bike lol ) and from what i can tell you is, if the top of the post was taken of the actual pole by means of my buddy panning the camera then other objects in the image would be distorted in the same way. Even the other lamp post that has been pointed out by a member would be distorted to. Just food for thought

If there's anything else i can do ( except going back to the location ) Please let me know.

Be safe

IP

OOps, well that didnt work out now did it lol. Give me a mo and ill add the link to my gallery!

OK, here is the link to my gallery, hopefully this will work...if not would someone please advise me otherwise lol

Link > media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=50916

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Once again a UFO photo taken by a "friend"

SW :[GIMP ] [080 ]
SW :[IrfanView ] [080 ]
SW :[idImager ] [080 ]
SW :[FastStone Image Viewer ] [080 ]
SW :[NeatImage ] [080 ]
SW :[Paint.NET ] [080 ]
SW :[Photomatix ] [080 ]
SW :[XnView ] [080 ]
ASSESSMENT: Class 1 - Image is processed/edited

Your "friend" created this in paint.net

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Once again a UFO photo taken by a "friend"

SW :[GIMP ] [080 ]
SW :[IrfanView ] [080 ]
SW :[idImager ] [080 ]
SW :[FastStone Image Viewer ] [080 ]
SW :[NeatImage ] [080 ]
SW :[Paint.NET ] [080 ]
SW :[Photomatix ] [080 ]
SW :[XnView ] [080 ]
ASSESSMENT: Class 1 - Image is processed/edited

Your "friend" created this in paint.net

Hi,

I dont quite understand what your getting at? Gimp? I know what Gimp is but i can tell you my friend doesnt even have a computer let alone GIMP>

For the record, he used my Nikon D70 camera while i hit the set of steps. Read the EXIF info man!!!

Also, were on earth did you get all that stupid made up data from?

IP

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoProvider

I dont quite understand what your getting at? Gimp? I know what Gimp is but i can tell you my friend doesnt even have a computer let alone GIMP>

For the record, he used my Nikon D70 camera while i hit the set of steps. Read the EXIF info man!!!

Ah, so it was your camera and your photo. What does your friend having a computer have to do with it? GIMP and paint.net are both free photo editing programs. If it was the original untouched photo then NO photo editing softwear should show up.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It is really an easy photo to manipulate
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f366c3977972.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5995d42fd10.jpg[/atsimg]
That blue line on the side of what im guessing was a lens, im thinking that was closer to the original color of the sky.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You said these were pictures from several years ago. Are you saying this is the first time you noticed a palimpsest?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaigerAh, so it was your camera and your photo. What does your friend having a computer have to do with it? GIMP and paint.net are both free photo editing programs. If it was the original untouched photo then NO photo editing softwear should show up.

You said - " Your "friend" created this in paint.net "

I said he doesnt even have a computer. You do need a PC for editing software, Yes?

Ah, so it was your camera and your photo. What does your friend having a computer have to do with it? GIMP and paint.net are both free photo editing programs. If it was the original untouched photo then NO photo editing softwear should show up.

Of course it was mine, didnt you boher to ask before hand?

The original image which i uploaded is straight from the camera. The other 2 images were cropped and re-sized in ....wait for it.....Photoshop...NOT Gimp...so i dont know were the hell your getting this Gimp data from.

I know only to well how easy it is to manipulate images, ive been a photographer for coming on 16 years so please dont disrespect my intelligence when it comes to images.

You believe what you want about this image my friend. I seen no reason to manipulate it,non what so ever. Besides, i could do ALOT better job than this lol.

Seeing as your clued up on images, ponder over this > if an image is manipulated in any way then saved, it looses the EXIF data, right? Well, message me your email address and ill happily send you the original.....sound fair to you?

IP

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
You said these were pictures from several years ago. Are you saying this is the first time you noticed a palimpsest?

Hi there, yes indeed. Im not really into the whole UFO thing hence the reason for asking advice here. It just so happend that i was going through alot of pics ( as i was doing a Harddrive backup ) and noticed this ' Object ' in the corner.

So yes, this morning was the first time i noticed it!

The picture was taken - 10/05/2005 @ 16.40pm

IP

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The Original image has been emailed to zaiger, if anyone else wants the original mailme your email address and ill happily send it to you

IP

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join