It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for the Capitalists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
This leaves the first country and its people, without jobs or a proper economy to support any other employment.

If these "poor third worldlers" were to embrace the capitalist mindset of self-reliability, sef-sustainabiity and freedom, they would no longer be poor countries making themselves dependent on American and Chinese predators.

Exploitation happens, but not as an overall generality, not as an overall characteristic of Capitalism, but as an effect of unfriendly mindsets.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Capitalism has only one rule: protection of property.
everything else is up for debate.
(what is property, how to obtain it, who can`t have it, what they should not have...)

the State apparatus is born from that premise. Legislation/law is derived from the necessity to legitimate the State, and while its at it, reassures the protection of property.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You are as blind as you are literate. Please, move back to Rome. May your
country fall again and again, and once more because you missed the point.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Ive been to some countries where giving people 5 Dollars will feed their whole family all day. So it was a real joy walking around passing out 5 Dollar-Bills.

Of Course, the marxist wil say that I am "exploiting" them and should sign over all of my property to them.

Where I live the standard wage is about $6 a day, I don't hand it out - I make them work for it. If you splash it around - then you don't get any respect, and they will take you for a ride whenever they can.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

the chinese have been moving companies into africa. if what i saw on tv is right, well, our companies are treating them better than the chinese. when the chinese opens shops, ya they exploit, but they also import the labor they need from china also.
so, well, ya..
the greedy will find a way to exploit in any system.
I disagree with your reference to criminal though.
I think it's perfectly legal for these companies to do what they are doing in some of these countries. which is why they are moving shop to them. their laws are behind their developement, so the companies are free to dump whatever into their waterways, into their air, they are free to hire 6 year olds, whatever.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
This leaves the first country and its people, without jobs or a proper economy to support any other employment.

If these "poor third worldlers" were to embrace the capitalist mindset of self-reliability, sef-sustainabiity and freedom, they would no longer be poor countries making themselves dependent on American and Chinese predators.

Exploitation happens, but not as an overall generality, not as an overall characteristic of Capitalism, but as an effect of unfriendly mindsets.

Your statements are quite ethnocentric. To assume that the capitalist system is the best for long-term sustainability. There have been generations of humans that survived much longer and more harmoniously than what would be considered modern society.

Many of these people were once part of many thousands of year old tribes that had been self sufficient and living in harmony with nature for much longer than the current modern systems.

I would hardly consider it a choice when a large company moves in and disrupts the pre-existing society that existed for generations. This is the misconception with regards to "helping" poor tribal natives. We see them as lacking but that is an ethnocentric attitude, which results in the destruction of other cultures.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join