It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green people? Anyone seen them or heard a first-hand account?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I can already hear you guys drawing breaths to ask what I've been smoking, but the person I heard this from believes he saw it. I'm not saying he did, I'm saying that I know this person VERY well, and I have a VERY strong ability to read him, and he BELIEVES he saw green people. I know that he believes this because he didn't claim to have seen them at first. He told the story very hesitantly, and claimed he'd heard it from a friend. He didn't think I'd believe him because of his drug history.

What he didn't know is that I'd already heard that he'd seen them from somebody else he'd told about it immediately after the encounter (they did attribute it to drugs, but they say he was definitely very frightened and very convinced). So the first thing I told him was that it I know it is scientifically possible for copper contamination in a water supply to turn a person or animal green, and that given the very large quantity of copper pyrite in the sand in the area of the encounter, combined with the fact that most of the water sources in the area are mineral-rich hot-springs along the San Andreas fault, that seemed like a plausible affliction for a desert rat in the area to suffer (and I already know there ARE hermits hiding out in this desert- as a young boy while four-wheeling with my grandfather, I met one and in fact was invited to have lunch with him, although we decided not to impose on his modest "pantry" and infact ended up giving him most of our rootbeer instead). And when I told him that, I could see the relief wash over him. I can only describe it as the look of a man who says, "thank god, I'm not crazy". He then proceeded to tell me the whole story, as it really happened, not only to his friend, but to him as well (they saw it together).

So here's the story, as it was told to me:

These two individuals who I know very well, but whose names or association to myself I do not feel free to divulge, were exploring the desert North of Desert Hot Springs, CA. They went up to Long Canyon, a ways past Cabot Yerxa's old homestead, onto water district property through which the California Aquaduct flows.

Long Canyon begins on BLM property with a private right of way going through it, within a mile or so becomes water district property, and within less than a mile more enters the Westernmost edge of the Joshua Tree National Park.

I'm relatively familiar with the area, first because there it is supposedly the location of a secret tunnel under the city that legend has it dates back at least to the days when Al Capone owned the Flamingo Hotel in that city (the existence of both Indian Caves and modern tunnels [some of which all the local kids know the location of and use for various misdemeanor purposes] beneath Desert Hot Springs is something of an open secret in the area and there are plenty of unrelated stories I've fruitlessly attempted to substantiate which relate to them), and second because I have done some prospecting in the area (based on the fact that several gold mines run the reverse slope of the Little San Bernardino Mountains, but there are virtually no mines that far West in the mountains- however I've never been up the canyon as far as this person has been- it's illegal to prospect in Joshua Tree and I already know for a fact where the alleged tunnel entrance is- I just don't have the guts to actually climb down the ladder, because I'm told it's over 100 feet down and nobody is aware of the tunnel being safely used since a fellow we'll just call Bob died quite a while back [Bob was something of a local legend and shady character of note, and I know a fair part of his story, including the part about his use of the tunnels, since he was an acquaintance to one of my relatives].

But I digress, as is my trademark. Anyhow, I'm told that these two men parked near the aquaduct and proceeded past the boulders which block old Long Canyon Road (which no longer exists) into Joshua Tree park towards Morongo Valley. After getting quite a ways into the Canyon, they came to the top of a small slope in the wash, and upon clearing it, were virtually right on top of an encampment of several dozen people.

The people seemed to be relatively primative, and were at work hanging cloth to dry, beating rugs, etc, while in a small alcove which appeared to be the entrance to a tunnel a white-bearded old man sat cross-legged watching over them.

I'm told the people were scantily clad in dirty rags not recognizable as ever having been modern commercially available clothing, were exceptionally skinny and unhealthy looking, and had an deep and unmistakeable powdery green color to their skin.

None of them took any notice of the men, except for the old one above, who according to my associate, watched them very sternly without reacting. The men backed away, and after opening a little distance, turned and headed back down the canyon, made their way back up onto the rim, and proceeded back up, to observe from a safer location. By the time they had finished this hike however, he claims that nothing remained of the camp but a couple of fires still burning. So the two left again and swore not to speak of it, in large part because their wives both know that they rarely go hiking when they haven't been under the influence.

And that's what I've got. For all the exploration that these men have done in Long Canyon, that was their first and only encounter with any "green people", and the only evidence I've ever seen of people out there is beer bottles and shotgun shells at the mouth of the canyon. I'd put the odds of it even being true at 30% at the VERY VERY BEST- but it seems theoretically possible, and somebody I generally trust (mental condition not withstanding) sincerely believes it.

So of course the thought has occurred to me to google Green People, and I will. But I also thought I'd ask you guys, and share the story while I'm at it. So if you've seen em, let's have it- I think I've set the bar sufficiently low that you shouldn't feel crazy for telling us if you have or know someone who thinks they did.

edit for typo in title

[edit on Fri 16 Oct 2009 by The Vagabond]

second edit to correct that the mouth of long canyon is on BLM land with a private right of way, NOT private property per se.

[edit on Fri 16 Oct 2009 by The Vagabond]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I saw one in 2002 in northern Nevada.
images.burningman.com...

I know i was not smoking to much.

But i think a few others were.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It's always great when you meet someone or something that has they aura of truly "different" about them. It doesn't happen often enough.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
you mean the so called liberals in l.a?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I've heard of the blue guy (who used too much colloidal silver), and a guy who was found to have dark green blood due to a medication:

Doctors at Vancouver's St. Paul's Hospital came across something highly illogical when they tried to put an arterial line into a patient about to undergo surgery: his blood was dark green.

The green blood — reminiscent of the Vulcan blood found in Mr. Spock of Star Trek fame — came as a bit of a shock to Dr. Alana Flexman and her colleagues, who report on the unusual case in this week's issue of the journal The Lancet.

source

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well Anned, it's possible that my source saw what he saw because he was on drugs.
But you saw what you saw because the green guy was on drugs.

Now if I may get back within T&C, I'm aware of blue people as a result of silver poisoning, nitrate poisoning, vitamin K poisoning, or a genetic abnormality usually found among inbred populations of eskimos or hill folk.

What I'm suggesting is basically that my associate, rather than being stone cold crazy (which I suppose is possible- god knows my dog hates the guy for some reason) saw people who had a copper based analogy of silver poisoning.

I also have found a story about green people. I knew I'd heard it somewhere. I read it in a book I had when I was little (that's how I knew that injesting copper would turn you green- it was brought up in the book, along with stories about circus animals who had been poisoned with copper to achieve the same effect), and I've found a link that re-tells the story.

www.mysteriouspeople.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

That's great you found that article, I had just finished reading it and was going to post it here but you already have it. I googled "green people" to see if there were any other instances not medication related. Interesting story.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Mescalito is as real as real can be. He is green, just not flesh and blood green and I have seen him on many an occasion.

V. I'm thinking what your friend saw was a group of communal/tribal shy

band of hippies that use a makeup/pigment in some religious/ritual context.

Back in my communal days we frequently used body painting as an erotic

artistic expression of our hippieness.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If you have druggie friends, withdrawing from methadone can make your skin turn a greenish color..... Just a thought....

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There are a lot of orange people in New Jersey, I hear.

There has even been photographic evidence:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
There are a lot of orange people in New Jersey, I hear.

There has even been photographic evidence:

Are those Oompa Loompas?

I guess they finally escaped the Chocolate Factory.

new topics

top topics

join