It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starship Troopers 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
there is sequale directed by Phil Tippett (same last name as my friend but they're not related) called starship troopers: Hero of the federation. its supposed to come out this year, although they are planning to relase it straigt to DVD. ill find a link and post it later

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Does it have the same stars as the first 1??

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Its already out in the UK and it looks crap straight to video/DVD release look on www.hmv.co.uk...

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ive already seen it on TV, and I must say it sucked. Its got a different cast if I remember. The effects werent too great, and the lighting was pretty horrible throughout I thought.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That sucks. I liked the first one and the computer generated TV show.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I've just seen it was O.K story was alrite but the dialogue between characters was awful. The lighting was supposed to be dark to guve it trhe effect of a sunless planet.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I don't know WHAT you guys are talking about. That movie rocked. It had everything I wanted in it. Alien bugs getting blown up by awesome guns, nude scenes that were put in for no reason, bugs that crawl into peoples heads, and good (not great) special effects. The lightning was very bad, but I think that's how it was supposed to be. It wasn't nearly as good as the first, but it was still a good movie all it's own.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
That sucks. I liked the first one and the computer generated TV show.

What happened to that tv show, I loved that.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I own the 2 disc box set ST 1+2, I bought it thinking "hey they bought out a second one, cool"
How dissapointed I was, Some of the prodction crew were the same as first one, different director, WHY did no-one say "what the F**K are we doing to this film that has potential to be great, the first one was awesome.

Crap dialogue, awefull actors, bad everything... Except the fact that a bug can take over the humans (that was a good extention to the story)
They could have made it so different and put all the other bugs in like the flying one or those huge dung beetle type things or even had the brain bugs in the story,
BUT NOOOOOO they had to put them in one setting and make it all about the characters themselves (which I couldn't even connect with coz they all deserved to die).
Did anyone else noticed the cigar smoking captain woman dies in the first one, she was carmens ship captain and gets crushed under a door.

It's like they hadn't even seen the first one and thought we'll make something worse.

The only reason I brought this old topic back is because I was going to make my own "who hates ST2" thread, but I found this with the search button...

I cant believe they done it to this film. The first one is legendary....

[edit on 25-11-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The first one was great. I've never seen the second one, but yeh Im guessing its gonna be crap.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The only reason I can see myself watching the second one is if they had the same drill seargent instructing troops again. That was the best part of the movie for me.

"Put your hand on the wall"
*throws knife*
"The enemy can not push the button if you disable his hand. MEDIC!"

Best line of the whole movie.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

id anyone else noticed the cigar smoking captain woman dies in the first one, she was carmens ship captain and gets crushed under a door.

Lol, that was the first thing i noticed when i watched it a few yrs back. While that film wasnt that great,i did like the CG series.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
The only reason I can see myself watching the second one is if they had the same drill seargent instructing troops again. That was the best part of the movie for me.

"Put your hand on the wall"
*throws knife*
"The enemy can not push the button if you disable his hand. MEDIC!"

Best line of the whole movie.

There is none of that, no boot camp, nothing.
Just a group of troopers get stuck in one building and there are alot of the normal bugs outside and a few differefnt kinds that can take over your body by growing in your nervous system and eventually replacing your brain, the body starts to decompose while their i there...

Only watch it if you can watch it for free....
I'm so angry that they made this film like they did

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah, that movie was rediculous.

They just reused the same old body snatchers story again, and didn't even try to do anything different with it. I'd expect it to be one of those made for sci-fi movies. If that was the case, I wouldn't mind it so much, but instead they took a good name and did horrible things to it.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I still don't understand why they went this way with the movies - a bunch of weak little pink soldiers getting torn to shreds.

Where's the freakin' power armor?

It could have been so much cooler - without losing the dystopian edge.

:shk:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I do remember watching the special features,and the director was saying that they didnt get the money they were supposed to get originally. So they did what they could with what they had. After seeing that i had at least some more respect for the movie.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If they didn't have the money i don't think they should have even attempted it.
They ruined the franchise and there is no chance for a third film to do well if they try...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
never ... NEVER EVER ... allow Paul Verhoeven to make another movie.

top topics

join