It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs major Pakistan aid bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Obama signs major Pakistan aid bill

news.yahoo.com

President Barack Obama on Thursday signed into law a $7.5 billion aid package for Pakistan that the U.S.-ally's military criticized as American meddling in its internal affairs.

The measure provides $1.5 billion annually over five years for economic and social programs and comes as Pakistan faces a string of violent militant attacks and bombings as its military orchestrates an offensive into the Taliban heartland.

an unusual written statement to accompany the bill that states that "any int
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

an unusual written statement to accompany the bill that states that "any interpretation of this act which suggests that the United States does not fully recognize and respect the sovereignty of Pakistan would be directly contrary to congressional intent."

This is very unusual to say the least
Does anyone know of any precedence such as this?

The congressional statement says that no conditions are placed on the $7.5 billion in nonmilitary aid.

Wow

I'm not happy this bill was passed at all

Firstly it's illegal just as it is to fund israel

U.S. is not allowed to send any money to any country that has nuclear weapons.

And in the Past Pakistan used this money to fund an attack on India.

This will just happen again
This is so messed up!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
As a result of the US Government giving money to, well, everyone but USA middle-class on down citizens, I'm going to form my own country/business called the "Terrorist-To-Somebody States of the Black Raven". In my official capacity as president/dictator/religious figure, I will now ask Obama for a few billion euros (can't trust that ol' dollar anymore)...come to think of it, isn't it interesting that just as our dollar is tanking, the President is spreading it around to other countries? I wonder if there's a hope that by getting more countries hooked (remember, the first one is free), that they'll keep coming back for more, or at least will want to keep it's value high.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

My friend we have been using bribe money. . . I mean (aid money) for Pakistan and many others at the expenses of tax payer in our nation that is on the biggest recession/depression for decade so the corrupted Pakistani Government can play nice an say that they are helping fight terrorism.

Is so incredibly frustrating to see how we the tax payer are nothing but servants and slave for our corporate run government, they are investing on everybody but the American working class.

new topics

top topics

join