It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't Fly the AMERICAN Flag???? Why Not!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Put the Israeli flag up ... you should be fine with that.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
It's not as if the government is preventing people from flying the US flag, it is an apartment complex. The apartment complex owners may be silly from preventing people from flying US flags on their property, but they nevertheless have a right to prevent people from flying US flags on their property.

That was my thinking too. However they do NOT have the right to tell you what you can and cannot put on your automobile, ie bumper stickers, flags on rear view mirror etc..

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

"An Oregon apartment complex is banning its residents from flying American flags, not only from their dwellings but also their vehicles, KATU in Portland reported. "

I don't know where you read that, but that is what I read.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I am sorry, but I didn't see anywhere where obama was mentioned. What is it that you need to stick up for the guy when we aren't discussing him? Even if now they have reversed it, that is only because it got attention and pissed people off. It should even have had to of been reversed because it shouldn't have happened in the first place. And you didn't provide any link either..... You are so busy trying to protect obama that you are not making any sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ganja

what exactly are you implying? Yes you are right, I copied a thread on purpose to get attention. I am barely on here as it is and forgive me ohhh queen of crap for accidently bring up a topic that is important to me and having something similiar already being on here.
Just so you know as soon as you bring up ANYTHING that is remotely similiar and I see it, I will make sure to let you know for it is probably only for attention. GET A LIFE!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1

I don't know where you read that, but that is what I read.

I read it from the link you provided, it's even the headline of the page:

American Flag Ban at Oregon Apartment Complex Reversed After Outcry

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It is probably a good thing . If left unchecked Americans would be putting flags up everywhere and sticking bumper stickers on anything sticky on-able. It is natural that when an action or habit extends towards the realms of ridiculous overuse that some form of containment surfaces to reduce such actions to a level more in keeping with tasteful decorum.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

An Oregon apartment complex reversed its ban prohibiting residents from flying American flags from dwellings and parked vehicles after the property manager decided she didn't have the legal standing to do so, KATU in Portland reported Wednesday.

The American Civil Liberties Union said that Barb Holcomb's ban at Oaks Apartments did not violate any laws, but Holcomb said her legal cousel led her to believe otherwise so she reversed the decision.

"If people want to fly any flag of any nationality, it's their right," she told KATU. "When a tenant rents the unit, the inside of the unit belongs to the tenant. All automobiles and things attached to the automobiles are the personal property of the tenant."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.foxnews.com...

RELAX! Back up from the pitch forks and the torches, they reversed their stupid ban on the flag.

Misfit figured it out 4 posts in.

[edit on 10/19/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

If we try, they will probably have some kind of little print or something on the agreements or some thing like that. It's ridiculous but earlier this year the fbi raided some HOA's looking for documents of some kind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join