It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina church to burn 'Satan's books,' including works of Mother Teresa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

North Carolina church to burn 'Satan's books,' including works of Mother Teresa

rawstory.com

A Baptist Church near Asheville, N.C., is hosting a "Halloween book burning" to purge the area of "Satan's" works, which include all non-King James versions of the Bible, popular books by many religious authors and even country music.

The website for the Amazing Grace Baptist Church in Canton, N.C., says there are "scriptural bases" for the book burning. The site quotes Acts 19:18-20: "And many that believed, came and confessed and shewed their deeds. Many of them also which used curious arts, brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Just why would a church go this route ? Just what kind of press does he think he will receive from such a stunt ? Could this type of thing actually receive a favorable review from the churches local community ? Strange to say the least .

I can't help but wonder if there are some people that will do such things as a means to discredit religion in the name of religion , kinda like the old wolf in sheep's clothing ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I never get why topics like these are presented in the media this way, but you never hear much about people who religiously (no pun intended) have bible-burning events. I'm not saying that either are right, I just mean that the road goes both ways.

Plus, your question "what kind of press does he think he'll receive" -- there's always that saying that there's no such thing as bad press. Sure people will flame (geez, still, no pun intended) the church for their choices, but some will also commend him. Either way, people will be talking about them and that's all most media subjects like this want anyway.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Don't forget to stone to death the adulterers in your midst. And above all do not forget to put your women folk out in the barn with the cattle when they are menstruating. Lest you become an abomination onto the Lord.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Who gives anyone teh right to burn any book, bad or evil, we all have a choice to believe whatever the hell we want!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Don't forget to stone to death the adulterers in your midst. And above all do not forget to put your women folk out in the barn with the cattle when they are menstruating. Lest you become an abomination onto the Lord.

Not sure why this is so funny to me but I just laughed out loud at work.

S&F

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wow.... o.O
Now it seems as if noone learned from WWII

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Meh, another bunch of religious idiots, nothing more.

And what is it in aid of? Simple, more control over the idiot people.
They like to use drama, scream of "fire and brimstone" and so on, it's all part of the show. No doubt the "leader" of all of this will be passing around a donations bucket.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
These are the very same people claiming to be Liberating us, yet have denied us any historical records of past historical data because the "tools" decided to burn down entire libraries or mass-slaughter anyone who opposed God.

Were bloody lucky we know so much about Norse Mythology, Druidism and other Pagan beliefs thanks to the references they left behind in Rune-Stones and Burial sites. I consider myself to be of Norse ancestory when tracing back my family roots, and for Christianity to have completely wiped out Norway 2000 years ago because they opposed God completely offends me, much like the Middle-ages where anyone with Herbalistic knowledge was murdered because they had healing properties.

Christianity is a farce at best, any religion that kills anyone doing something good to others is a joke imo.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It almost looks like all the old feelings that have been buried deep inside many people are coming back to the surface. Maybe this is a way of purging all the old negative thoughts from the collective. Bring them to the surface, then put them before the people so they can be done away with for good. It seems to be happening all around the world.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Let them try to burn the Koran and see CAIR jump all over their $hit.

new topics

top topics

join