It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email to American Eagle Silver Subscription Customers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Dear United States Mint Customer,

Production of the United States Mint American Eagle Silver Proof and
Uncirculated Coins was suspended this year because of unprecedented
demand for American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins. All available silver
bullion blanks are being allocated to the American Eagle Silver Bullion
Coin Program, as the United States Mint is required by Public Law 99-61
to produce these coins "in quantities sufficient to meet public demand
..."

I thought this was weird and should share it with members of ATS. Apparently the US Mint is suspending most silver coin production. The bullion prgram is still in affect, but bullions sales are conducted through places like APMEX and NWTmint.

I find this odd, when people are saying the recession is over and the DOW is over 10,000. Yet Unemployment is at almost 10%, banks are still failing, and gold is over $1060 an ounce. Silver by the way is almost at $18 an ounce.

Something just isn't right. This demand the US mint speaks of isn't by the survivalist types like me who get a little bit here and there. The demand is a real demand by people who have more money than they know what to do with. I wonder if they know something I don't?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If you don't know the economy is NOT recovering - then - yes they probably do know something you don't.

The stock exchange is being driven up for another crash - everyone who is anyone knows it.

I expect gold and silver to drop significantly when it happens - although it is possible they will go up .. it's really hard to tell.

It also should rally the US dollar, if what happened last time is repeated.

After that - the dollar MUST be devalued - probably it will be devalued as the banks have a holiday in the wake of the crash - silver and gold will come out the other end of the bank holiday at vastly increased values.

When will the crash happen? Whenever the Fed decides to make it happen - I can't see things zombie'ing along for more than 12 months though - I think a crash in the next few weeks is quite possible.

Buy silver and gold, this thing is far from over.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

I expect gold and silver to drop significantly when it happens - although it is possible they will go up .. it's really hard to tell.

silver and gold will come out the other end of the bank holiday at vastly increased values.

Buy silver and gold, this thing is far from over.

I expect the gold and silver market will BE the NEXT to CRASH.

People are taking there paper gold investments in and trying to trade them for gold.
This also goes for the futures contracts,
and the companies are having a very hard time covering them with gold.

Several large gold futures contract holders are demanding physical delivery in London. The LBMA does not have the metal in inventory. The officials have offered the futures contract holders cash plus 25% dividend for settlement without gold delivery. The contract holders refused. They want their fuchn gold (using a French term by the source, my unique palatable spelling)!!! There was very high volume involved in the contracts. The standoff is not settled. It could go to court. The London authorities are trying desperately to keep the story from hitting the press. It helps to have the syndicate in control of the press networks. The Bank of England and one other European member central bank are working feverishly to fill the contract order, but unfortunately they are using very old gold bars that are reportedly only 90% gold. That invites a new potential challenge.
agoracom.com...

This my turn into a very strange crash in that the gold price my go up for these that are holding gold metal in there control.
but those that have gold in the control of other may lose everything.

If you have paper gold, gold futures. or gold being held in your name in a investment company vault you may be one of these people that lose everything.

Many people don't understand that many companieas that hold gold in there vault for you can and maybe are using your gold as collateral in gold market trading.
If the paper gold market crashes because they can not cover there trading
they may go bankrupt and YOUR gold may be used to pay off the bankruptcy.

www.commodityonline.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Good points ANNED.

If you want to invest in gold or silver - get it in YOUR hand.

In your physical possession.

A gold note? Same as a dollar bill.

Just more paper.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Gold and silver are still far under valued, in fact, this is done on purpose. Metals relate the inflation of the currency, to have it rise appropriately would display true inflation..

The market being at over 10k, the dollar dropping, means inflation has reared its ugly head.. but oddly the money and credit supply are still contracting, thus we are experiencing still, deflation. However, it sets the stage for this tidal wave of cheap cash to hit the broader economy.. how this will be done with out job creation I am not entirely sure.. but we could be entering a period that looks like recovery at last and turn out to be another nightmare.

Its just waiting to see the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place. I would not be surprised to see the DOW shoot past 10k and not look back. Does that equate recovery? .. sure, if you make your millions in the markets. If your the average citizen your recovery is nowhere in sight.

Dow up
Gold up
Dollar down

Expect to see your costs of living skyrocket.. foods, oil, energy, clothing.. all the while expect no pay raises, to live in fear you'll be laid off, earn no interest in your accounts, be told things are finally looking up while your debtors work to destroy your bank accounts..

new topics

top topics

join