It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World stocks hit highs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Quote:
+84.27 (0.85%)

www.google.com...

Looks like the economy is recovering

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by brodband

The power houses in the US are driving the markets up because is time for the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates.

So after a year now those numbers need to be 10,000 for Bernanke to claim "total recovery" and raise those interest.

Meanwhile our dollar worth crap in the world but America, we are a jobless nation and is obviously that the only ones profiting from the markets "are not the regular unemployed in the unemployment lines" add that to the millions of jobless in America and I guess you can make your own mind of who really is getting stimulated in our economy.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I don't mean to contradict you, but I would be more inclined to say that the 'market' metrics are 'better'.

As to how that translates to a living reality for 'consumers' and 'human resources' we have yet to discover.

Thanks for the heads up

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Rofl - your right - its all roses and sunshine from here on out

Reuters is a piece of MSM trash - mouthpiece of the globalist - if they give you an opinion, its generally safe to assume the opposite is true.

The US market is up because the Fed has pumped huge reserves into commercial banks that were insolvent.

The result is they have large reserves - but they don't want to lend it to anyone, because the economy still sucks. So what to do with all that free money thats spilling out of their vaults and clogging their hallways?

Hey - lets speculate on the stock market they say!

That is where all the market liquidity is coming from - the gangster banks - and increasingly the fundamentals are eroding - there is nothing to keep earnings up for most listed companies - some will manage to post some earnings - but most will hit a big fail.

When the fail message becomes clear - then money will start leaving the stock market, probably very suddenly. I am expecting a nasty crash.

The main trigger for a crash however may not be related to poor earnings results - it may in fact be a result of Fed policy to increase interest rates.

If that occurs - cautious investors will pull back to see how that is going to impact business activity - well, it will be negative - of course. The draw back - then allow negative activity - poor earnings - OH NOES!!

Ya - crashed like a dirty drunken bum.

Dont expect a recovery with poor export capacity, idle manufacturing - spiraling unemployment - frozen credit - falling assets and rising costs.

Expect another crash - besides I think they are planning it - the commercial banks are going short on gold - and they are using rhetoric to push gold up in the short term, and the dollar down. That means a stock market crash is likely expected - because it will rally the dollar (which pushes gold down).

When the dollar falls - everyone who can will bail out their dollars to fund managers and all the other losers that represent the common people - who will end up holding all the dollars - which will then drop in value like a brick. Fun days ahead.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Is sad when you see the markets going up while the rest of the nation falls into decay, this just show for whom the markets work and that our nation that is not longer a wealth builder we as citizens do not drive anything anymore, the powers that rules the Markets are now so detached from the nation's population that it works as two different entities, one with power and the other one powerless.

And this just my personal opinion.

Even at the very end it was the nations consumers the ones that ruled the markets even if it was on loans and credit.

I hope that all that liquidity that has driven the Markets thanks to the generosity of the tax payer by force or else is no the sole contributor to the markets good fortune.

To me the same way that the nation before the economic downfall was nothing but an illusion of prosperity thanks to credit, consumerism and manipulation of interest rates, now is nothing but another illusion by infused liquidity.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...'s-Rally%22-Strategist-Tice-Says?tickers=%5Edji,%5Egspc,dia,spy,qqqq,SKF,BEARX

"This Is a Sucker's Rally," Strategist Tice Says

finance.yahoo.com...

Business inventories decline 1.5 percent in August

finance.yahoo.com...

Sept. retail sales fall 1.5 percent post Clunkers

finance.yahoo.com...,GDX,TBT,UDN, FPGIX,BEARX,%5EHUI&sec=topStories&pos=8&asset=&ccode=

Gold Heading to $3000 Unless America Hits the "Reset" Button

www.senseoncents.com...

UNEMPLOYMENT RATE
July: 9.5%
August: 9.4%
September: 9.7%
– October Consensus Expectation: 9.8%
– October Actual: 9.8%

PRIDE COMETH BEFORE THE FALL!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

I heard that it was JP Morgan the one that was manipulating the gold prices behind the scene and that has been for a long time.

But is just a hear say.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I think there are a lot of things being manipulated. Hard to figure out what the truth is these days.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I heard that it was JP Morgan the one that was manipulating the gold prices behind the scene and that has been for a long time.

But is just a hear say.

marg6043, I heard the same thing and put a few bucks into silver and gold futures and am doing quite well. I just hope I have enough sense to bail before the downturn. Silver is a doing real good.

I have played the metal market for many years and this is the first time it's actually making a substantial profit. I'm still nowhere close to being even after the crash wiped out my mutual fund.

I started getting intrested back when the Hunt Bros tried their scam in 73.

www.kitcomm.com...

[edit on 14-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by brodband
Looks like the economy is recovering

Not according to KD, Max Max' scenario is just days away it seems...

tickerforum.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well I am glad I was not the only one with that info, still is also more, the rumors are that JP Morgan is borrowing on their on cash reserves to boost their numbers.

But is just a rumor.

So the Dow is been pushed to 10,000 and here we go.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
They did this despite a growing number of investment strategist's warning Stock Rally ‘Way Ahead’ of Economy and is likely to crash again from being overweight.... Oh well bring it on... Just love to see those greedy fat cats jumping out of windows because they went broke...
The sad part is their going to drag us common man down along with them,,,again!!!
Warning of overheated markets

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by marg6043

But is just a hear say.

marg6043, I heard the same thing and put a few bucks into silver and gold futures and am doing quite well. I just hope I have enough sense to bail before the downturn. Silver is a doing real good.

I have played the metal market for many years and this is the first time it's actually making a substantial profit. I'm still nowhere close to being even after the crash wiped out my mutual fund.

I started getting intrested back when the Hunt Bros tried their scam in 73.

www.kitcomm.com...

[edit on 14-10-2009 by whaaa]

I have no other job but trading - and Ive been purely into silver and gold since end of last year - so of course Ive made more than a substatial profit.

The rhetoric has turned anti dollar and pro gold - that means do the opposite. There is going to be a reversal - the dollar will rally - gold will drop - and the market will crash.

Time frame unknown - I expect within a few weeks. If your leveraged in metals, extend your short position (usually should run a 75/25 long short position in a bull market) - put your long stops in high, and rebuy short - - give it a couple of weeks to correct would be my advice - kick out all your longs on the way down - but accumulate shorts whenever it hits a local bottom.

Or - if that all sounds like Greek to you, just convert to pure bullion - the downside correction on metals will be short lived.

Silver is the biggest winner in the future - it may appreciate 100x in the next 5 years - perhaps even more. If your heavily leveraged - that won't stop you getting wiped out by a nasty correction to the downside - so play it safe.

Look for the downturn as a major buying opportunity.

PS - The idea that the Hunts tried a 'scam' is very annoying to me. They simply bought silver and demanded delivery - the scum globalists who run the investment banks were selling naked silver shorts and didnt have the metal for delivery. So they lobbied and had the COMEX force a margin call on the Hunts - which was par for the course when dealing with those scum. Th Hunts were trying to bust the globalist scum agenda to manipulate silver - they were the good guys - but ended up being broken and jailed for their trouble.

top topics

join