It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Your Parents say?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Catchy title eh'? No? Well you're here, so mind it.

Eriksons Model of Despair Vs. Integrity

Integrity - the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness.

Despair - To be hopeless; to have no hope; to give up all hope or expectation.

Regret - to think of with a sense of loss

Now I've thought about this alot, (haha) well, anyone with a working brain has thought about it.

My first question, which I can remember, from grade school, early, early grade school, was what would someone say at my funeral. Now i'm fairly sure my first question was "really, everyone poops?"
But talking of first monumental question.

We all have regrets, I regret the girl in 3rd grade, who turns out, really wanted me, huh, she had a funny way of showing that.... lol. Or the regret of not taking that job offer, or the regret of buying a phone that, in the end, turned out to suck more then anything!

I believe, at the point of 99% that when every member on this forum reaches (hopefully, except for sirnex) age 70, will feel a deep sense of regret, a soft realization of age, and a bitter acidic drop in their stomachs, which will tell them, that they should've done one thing, or everything different.

Now the difference is, the trial and error, whether we go about making the same mistakes we do everyday, or acknowledging the mistakes, and never making them again.

The chances of YOU being alive right now, is about 1 in a 1,000,000,000 I know, the Gov't throws dollars away in that amount 100's of folds. But life isn't money.

Maybe this is personal, and happygolucky, and watcher-in-the-shadows, and XXNEO, and Slayer69 will probably call me out, for that, but i'm prepared with my next statement, (Oh and yes I did call you out, oh, and JD yeah couldn't forget you lmao).

But, can we really, with our likelihood of being alive, a one in a billion chance, better then the lotto, each child born, is a lotto won.

Can we really 'afford' to take anything for granted, can we really 'afford' to end in despair?

Can we really, live our lives, in fear of what the person next to us thinks of us, what one person out of 100,000,000,000 people, who have lived and died, not including those alive, (estimated) can we really live our life on that one pathetic person?

What would your grandparents say, your ancestors say, if they saw someone so shy, and so timid living, I'd like to think they'd be pissed as all hell!!! They'd be aggravated by the fact that person didn't stand up, or do something!

For 9/11 truthers, I may not be 'fully' sold, but I'm leaning toward the idea, but some may be afraid to stand up, and make a youtube video (that at the least) because they feel they may get hate comments, or some will call them stupid, but for those, who have stood in an area, and thought if one stands up, i'll stand with them, well, we all have felt that way, someone just needs to stand up, and I assure you the rest will follow.

Regret in life, isn't worthwhile, I know it, and some may say, that when they die, they won't regret the mistakes because of, blah blah blah, hypocritical mumbojumbo, and that they will be happy.

But the dead truth is, when that time comes, would you truly be ok with your life, and no quick witty remarks, just think, of what a regret is.

The only way we can change it, is by doing it now, by going on in our daily lives, and strangling and plucking the eyes, and tongue out of the mythical being that makes us see wrong, and fear what we say.

When you see a person, and begin to wonder if you should talk to them, then you know for sure you should, but I know, that bitch in the back of your mind says what are the consequences, lol, what is your lifespan, who gives a fk! The Celestine Prophecies, is a good book to read, to those who haven't.

I figure, that we all, have a problem with becoming ourselves, our childish being, the one who asks someone why they have a pimple on their nose, or why they have briefcase, both innocent questions to a child, but also to an adult, which we tend to forget.

Point being... Live life guys, I see so many people on here, with so much knowledge of things.

What would your ancestors say to you now, if they saw you in your ways now?

When you almost felt up that girl? (do it mate!)

When you almost applied for the job? (do it mate!)

When you almost started a protest? (do it mate!)

When you decided to Star and Flag this? (do it mate!)

Lol, kidding on the last one! Some humor is good! LMAO

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
"Point being... Live life guys..."

That's all you really needed to say, the rest of your post confused me with all the random thoughts and metaphors.

As many people have said before, telling others to take action is no advice at all. How do you expect people to unite when it is obvious everyone is lost? Repeating that we should "do something" is the same as doing nothing. In the end it's just more words.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeddiRevolution
"Point being... Live life guys..."

That's all you really needed to say, the rest of your post confused me with all the random thoughts and metaphors.

As many people have said before, telling others to take action is no advice at all. How do you expect people to unite when it is obvious everyone is lost? Repeating that we should "do something" is the same as doing nothing. In the end it's just more words.

You where clearly lost! lol.

We shouldn't take action, but I should take action.

People shouldn't unite, I should unite, the one should unite, then Gather.

I being spoken as in you, just for a reader purpose. lol.

We shouldn't do anything, you already admit to the defeatist attitude, I speak in the large and the small ways of life, if you've already given up, then just look back at regrets, that's all you can do.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'm constantly thinking of the things I should have done. I had an unrequited love, for almost 7 years, I was obsessed with this girl, to the point i was scared to speak to her, so i never did. I found out a few years ago, she actually liked me, but never understood why I never spoke to her. Now she's married with a kid. I don't know why I find the opposite sex so intimidating.

I think when I leave this planet I will regret not taking the opportunities I've had through my youth with women.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Sounds to me that you are visiting upon the "Gods and Cogs" analogy of life and looking to not either be a cog or fear facing the regret of discovering despite your desires that you were just a cog.

I don't subscribe to that idea. Unless of course, I am an unrealized god in some way.
I chose to believe in two things. Well I believe in other things but for the point of this discussion I will limit to two.

1) That everything is written and goes according to a plan. That every life as a purpose, a task to complete if you will, and until such time as it is completed that person cannot die. Of course for some, their task may very well be to die. This thought covers everything from people that have defied certain death, recovered from injury and disease that was left "in God's hands". It would also go to help explain precognition as some may be gifted/cursed with snippets of the grand plan.

2) That every person is a genius in their own way about something. While I am both adaptable and knowledgeable there are homeless bums that know far more about survival in their surroundings than I do or hopefully experience. Since I have never married nor had children there are millions that have the knowledge and experience there that I do not possess.

I do agree that more people need to live their life. Because it is my belief is that the purpose of life is to experience things and question those experiences. To try to answer things that arise so that we as individuals learn and grow. Naturally there will be questions that go unanswered. Which I believe is the experience of when we die. That we are given the answers to all those questions as sort of a reward for living in this life. So I would think that by having more experiences and gaining more questions will make the rewards of death all the better.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I just wanted to add, having been imprisioned for speaking out against the NWO, my words should be taken a bit more seriously.

If you choose to follow what the OP suggests, you must follow it wholeheartedly. You must be willing to jump out your front door into oblivion, not knowing what happens 5 minutes later.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I appreciate your honesty.

But it's the things we can change, and that is the future, and present.

The 'women' now, the 'people' now, we can change, the most obvious pointed out in the butterfly effect.

Some may say, that it wasn't meant to be, but I don't, it may of meant to be. But it didn't, it's a regret now, that's all it is, but the thing is though, meant to be, isn't a one time oppurtunity. You have lots of em, just don't waste the next one, that's all you can do.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

When you almost felt up that girl? (do it mate!)

When you almost applied for the job? (do it mate!)

When you almost started a protest? (do it mate!)

When you decided to Star and Flag this? (do it mate!)

Lol, kidding on the last one! Some humor is good! LMAO

If you did all these things, you might be wondering what would have happened if you didn't.

You might have married that first girl you felt up, and had an awful marriage. You might have gotten that job, and hated it. You might have started a protest where people got injured.

Life is a gamble no matter what you do. Why sit and wonder about coulda, shoulda? Nobody can go back in time and change things. So, to sit and ponder is a waste of time!

No star and flag for you on this one!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

A few days ago, I shared on ATS an agonizing wait. Pancreatic cancer. Fortunately, if you want to call it that, it was Crohn's Disease. Now I'm meeting with surgeons tomorrow.

But for those few hours/days that led up to the final diagnosis, I had plenty of time for thoughts on regrets etc.

You know what? At the end, I didn't really have any. When it comes right down to it, you could regret not picking 3-57-21-14-2-23 for lottery numbers when you didn't win. But, I hug my kid every day. I tell my wife I love her, every day. And the legecy I thought I was going to leave, was a good one.

My mother, when I did speak to her, was so dark and depressed, when she asked if I had thought about burials, I told her I wanted a fracking Viking Funeral.

My point being, live every day, so when you go to bed at night, you don't have regrets.

Nice thread. And if someone uses those numbers, half of it is mine!!!

edit for spelling/meds that I'm on. . .

[edit on 14-10-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Good thread.

I like to call what you are describing, "Living on the edge".

There is no way I want to go through life thinking "what if". I just reach out into new territory and take action.

Many fear what the reaction of others might be. It's more exciting to me to observe others reactions to what I might do.

I feel so sorry for people that exist all their lives in a safe place with little change.

To life I say, "Bring it on".

To push the limits of your ability, forgiveness, feelings, and physical self is living life.

When I meet old friends I've enjoyed life with 40 years ago it's a great feeling to see see that we are both still living and breathing because we both know we should have been dead by our deeds long ago.

I don't know why many of us are still here. When I look back at the abandon with which I've lived my life I feel very fortunate to be here to talk about old times.

My life has been fuller than most peoples. I have no regrets. I enjoyed my life.

Thankfully I am older now and find great pleasure in nature and helping people.

I still push that envelope to the max but not as often.
Even with our world turned upside down life is still exciting and good.

Wait a second.....when has the world been not upside down with war and problems?

I want to go to my grave all used up, bruised by my adventures and with the knowledge that I am not a coward and have tasted of life to the fullest of my ability.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Although my human age is relatively low, I feel I have much regret in my life. But it is funny because I think a big part of me wants there to be regret. The sad fact of life is that we are all destined to die. I'm hoping there is an after life because if there is not, then there is no actual point in living. If you don't know what I mean then just forget about that thought, you are way better off not trying to understand what I mean...trust me.

To have fun? To love? To be loved? To be successful? To be wealthy? To be healthy? To be famous? To be Infamous? To have X?

To be remembered as one of the most loving, compassionate and just humans ever to walk the Earth?

Doesn't mean much when you evaporate into an abyss void of thoughts, feelings, sensations, conscious awareness - the epitome of nothingness to put it bluntly.

[edit on 14/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

top topics

join