It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last minute budget amendment gave Crist sole control of $42 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Last minute budget amendment gave Crist sole control of $42 million

www.postonpolitics.com

TALLAHASSEE — Two safeguards on a secretive process that turns tax dollars into cash incentives for private corporations were quietly removed in the final days of the 2009 legislative session to help a Jupiter Island investment manager quickly secure $20 million for his digital animation company.

An amendment gave Gov. Charlie Crist’s office, which helped craft the language, sole authority to award $42 million in economic development money. As a result, nine companies, each identified only by a code name, were awarded shares of the money within a week this summer. One $7.4 million proje
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
When I read this it made me think of the bail out money and how it was given out in secrecy. I can't beleive how they allow him to hand out 42 million dollars of tax payer money and keep it a secret with code names for the companies and no one knows who he met with or how much they got. And all this at the point when he wants to quit being governor of Florida so he can run for the Senate. Makes you wonder how much money he will get in kick backs in the days to come. Im sure he has alot of money coming to him for his run for a Senator at tax payers expense.

www.postonpolitics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

"The game of economic development requires risk taking," Brill said. "This is an opportunity to invest in a company that can create a cluster effect and has a good track record. The payoff could be significant." From the above cited source. My Emphasis

The payoff could be significant....hhmmm....so a proposal that promises 500 jobs in five years (How is that an economic stimulation?!?) and could be significant is worth millions of tax payer money?

When was it okay for the government to fund private entertainment companies?

Our government is here to help...their own social and economic status that is...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I like this part to.

Textor has promised that the spinoff, Wyndcrest Holdings, will create 500 jobs by 2014, and the recession-ravaged city is considering a separate incentive package worth $10 million in cash, land in Tradition and additional stimulus money from the city and St. Lucie County for a building.

And that would be on top of the money given to them in secret by Crist.

The property the building and millions of dollars from Crist State of Florida millions of dollars from Port St Lucie and millions from St Lucie County.

new topics

top topics

join