It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand spankin' new idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I was in my room listening to music and all of a sudden i had this great idea, how about some sort of board security team? It will work like this;
A group of members shall be in place where they can monitor activities on the board and help keep the peace. When members complain, the security team will look at the case and determind if it needs to be taken higher. Also the security team will make sure that rules are not broken and in the case that rules are broken, Staff will be contacted.
Is this a good idea or another one of my drunken ideas that isn't going to happen

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by infinite]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Sounds good if it wasnot for the fact that I am to old to be reprimand by a child. Get it?
The reason I joined this site is to express my mind and truly the rudness of some people is just their god given right.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
isn't that what the moderators are for already ?

I sort of understand what you mean, it would be like a submoderator job ?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sure and you could call it the U.nited N.etworker P.olicing O.ther Lascivious I.ndividuals C.riminal E.vil S.tupid T.imewasting A.nnoying S.ubmissions

Sounds like a great idea alright!!!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

I sort of understand what you mean, it would be like a submoderator job ?

Yes, help to take the all the work load of the mods. And of course, only mature members can take the role.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Infinite,,, you mean we have mature members here

Can't wait to see what the outcome of this one will be, I think I know of one member who will come forward and "volunteer" for this... we'll see...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oh and before we go on, if your only going to post immature comments, then don't post in this thread ok? I would like to hear what the staff have to say about this idea and long serving members.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Isn't that what the moderators are for already?

I honestly don't understand why you feel the need for this... did I miss something?

-B.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Good luck with your idea, I guess this will be good for people that are bore with the posts and prefer to become a snitch.
(just kidding ok)

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Banshee, is that question directed at me or Infinite ?

if it's me - I simply though the mods were also supposed to watch out for the board and keep the "animals" in line..

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
banshee, in a sense yes, but the security team won't have the ability to lock threads,etc. The team would have to contact the staff to do that. Its just an idea i have so i thought i would share it. If it doesn't go ahead, i don't mind

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
elevated, you said what I was thinking....so I just repeated you.

The thing is, infinite, we've got a whole mess of mods who keep an eye on all forums. Problems are usually taken care of pretty quickly already.
If something slips through, we already have a crack team of members who can notify staff .... it's every member of ATS and there's a "suggestions" (I think it's 'suggestions' now, used to be 'complain') button at the top left of your screen to notify every staff member immediately of any rule-breaking going on.

I guess I just don't understand why we need someone more than what we have now. It seems to be working out okay, right?

-B.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
The thing is, infinite, we've got a whole mess of mods who keep an eye on all forums. Problems are usually taken care of pretty quickly already.

Well in that case then, we have no need for one then. Thanx for clearing it all up Banshee, your a star
, feel free to lock up

( i feel like an idoit now
lol )

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The intent wasn't to make you feel like an idiot, infinite.... just trying to clarify why you feel ATS needs a team like this. From my point of view, I don't understand. That's why I was asking for clarification.

-B.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In the last few weeks there has been a lot of bitchin at mods,etc and some threads do contain a lot of bitching aswell. I also thought that a security team can kinda take some of the weight of the mods and help keep the peace. Its not like a board police, just a group of members who just want to help out, thats all.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sounds like an idea to give more people something constuctive to do with thier time and feel more active since they spend a lot of time here already, if I understand the post right and the subtle hidden reasoning behind it.

I'm not a mod, and a very new member, but after seeing how this board works and reading the posts, and realizing that a lot of people spend a lot of time here, I think that would be cool to add more to it...LOL

Unless the mods think they are overstaffed already. I was a mod for a very busy chatsite for a while, and know that it can get hard and frustrating if you are understaffed, so I guess that would be the question, do they feel the need for more?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Its not about becoming a mod, its just non-staff members who spend a lot of time on here just voluntering to keep the peace. Thats all. There is know hidden agenda about becoming mods, just members helpin' out.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
GREAT IDEA!

We can call them "Brownshirts" and have them headed up by good old Ernst Roehm!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Its not about becoming a mod, its just non-staff members who spend a lot of time on here just voluntering to keep the peace. Thats all. There is know hidden agenda about becoming mods, just members helpin' out.

Oh come on now...its conspiracy...I just know it...everyone has a hidden agenda...and....*gets paranoid*...I know you are all out to get me.

The hidden agenda part was an attemt to make a funny about well...hidden agenda's, wasnt seriously implying

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The is no conspiracy, for once, ATS is my home

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join