It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton: Next U.N. chief?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Has former President Bill Clinton hit the campaign trail again?

That's the word according to a Pittsburgh Tribune-Review columnist who reports a "major international move" is afoot to help install the ex-CEO of the most powerful nation as the CEO of the most powerful world body � the United Nations.
www.wnd.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
He'll have my support.

XAOS

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As much as I dislike Clinton I think he would be good fit with UN.

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
that will just add to the joke that is the UN - imho.

Imagine Hillary as president and Bill as UN Sec. General.

we need another Butros. lol.

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Lets face it,the UN is nothing more than a debate club.Clinton is the best BSer there is.He could sell any policy.Clinton could sell an Edsel to the French.(nobody needs an edsel)

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The guy is brilliant, very well respected by the world, tenacious on the right causes and great at opening markets/establishing trade for US corporations. He also has a jones for the spotlight and service, a.ka. Alpha Male disease!
He's gotta do something big & fast!

And you Right Wingers should stop bashing the UN. I don't see you making note that Israel has given the finger to more UN resolutions than Iraq OR that the PM of Israel is the one charged with War Crimes.

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would have to agree BT as much as I dislike Clinton, he does have a brilliant mind. Unfortunately he doesn't have the resolve to match it.
I wonder how much animosity there would be if Clinton was UN chief and Bush was in office after winning a 2nd term. That is of course if the UN survives in any capacity than just humanitarian relief orginisation.

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
that will just add to the joke that is the UN - imho.

Imagine Hillary as president and Bill as UN Sec. General.

I've a better idea BoB88.

GWB Sr at the UN and GWB Jr at the WH. What a mix !

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There you go UP! Great combo!!

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
And Clinton could be in charge of Womans Rights globally. LOL

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Let's see, brilliant mind (Ted Bundy was brilliant as well), has an allergy to the truth, and wants to destroy America. Yeah, I'd say he's the man for the U.N. Heck, considering he did more damage to our sovereignty than any other president by signing more of our country over to the U.N. than any other president, I'd say he's already been on their payroll, so they ought to make the grand poo-bah of the Anti-America Club!

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well TC, perhaps Clinton has done *more* harm during his reign than Bush has...But I'd add a qualifier to that sentence; "so far".

Once Bush has gotten the Homeland Security BS into full swing, he'll have succeeded in tearing down America into a tyrannical police state...Farther than Clinton ever even *dreamed* of achieving.

Now: A few replies on the lighter side...

Originally posted by nyeff
As much as I dislike Clinton I think he would be good fit with UN.

Either that, or Clinton will start making everyone in the world start having "fits"...

Originally posted by ultra_phoenixGWB Sr at the UN and GWB Jr at the WH. What a mix !

Originally posted by Bob88
There you go UP! Great combo!!

A great combo? For *who's* benefit?

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
And Clinton could be in charge of Womans Rights globally. LOL

...And all the time he spends at the Speaker's Podium, there'll be a woman hiding there giving him a hummer...Yeah, good choice for a "spokesman".

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Yeah, I'd say he's the man for the U.N. Heck, considering he did more damage to our sovereignty than any other president by signing more of our country over to the U.N. than any other president

2 question :

1) And GWB Jr, he can't take back these lands to the UN ?

2) Also, if the UN disappear, what will happen to these lands ?

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
They revert back to the original country

[Edited on 21-2-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Let's see, brilliant mind (Ted Bundy was brilliant as well), has an allergy to the truth, and wants to destroy America. Yeah, I'd say he's the man for the U.N. Heck, considering he did more damage to our sovereignty than any other president by signing more of our country over to the U.N. than any other president, I'd say he's already been on their payroll, so they ought to make the grand poo-bah of the Anti-America Club!

Therapy......you've convinced me that deep layer, probably electro to boot, therapy is the only thing that would open your closed mind to see that GW is the personification of the devil to the American way of life and is a 1000 times worse than even the propaganda flights of fancy you attribute to our last elected president, Bill Clinton!
Fourtunately for you, I have a 30 year old Simplicity tractor and some commercial grade jumper cables....I think kicking off your boots, standing in the 3ft of snow in my back yard & attaching a clamp to each ear lobe should work just peachy!!

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree with that qualifier, M-D, and I expect that in the end, volumes will be able to be written about the harm done between 2001 and 2008. What is set in place now for good reason will later be used against us for sinister reasons. It could be that the sinister reasons are already being put into place. I don't have time to research it, however, as I find myself continuously responding to B-T insane and baseless hatred toward Shrub.

And, furthermore, B-T, being an aircraft electrician, I rather enjoy electric jolts to the system. It is invigorating, and the self indulgance causes the mechanics to fear you somewhat and not to steal your donuts off your toolbox!

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   

And, furthermore, B-T, being an aircraft electrician, I rather enjoy electric jolts to the system. It is invigorating, and the self indulgance causes the mechanics to fear you somewhat and not to steal your donuts off your toolbox!

Heh! Better than an alarm clock to wake you up in the morning, eh?

Speaking as an electronics tech, why does it seem to me that techs that deal with electrical gear have more of a sense of humor than *mechanical* techs?...Maybe we've taken one-too-many jolts into the funny bone?

At any rate, it's been my firm opinion for more than 15 years that anyone who *wants* to make a career in politics should be shot on sight...The only thing that would mitigate this opinion is if politicians stopped acting like the stereotype that gives them such an infamous reputation. In all of American history, I could count the number of *honest* & *responsible-minded* politicians without running out of fingers to count with.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ok I admit it, I was just trying to melt a run for the dog so she can catch the snowmobilers, the therapy was only a secondary consideration!

Insane? Depends who you ask.
Baseless? Never!

top topics

join