It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 UFO in Moon Picture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Apollo 11 UFO Picture with NASA Logo

This first picture is from NASA's Lewis Space Center Archives, as you can see by the official labeling around the border (the image was cropped for presentation by NASA). note the fact that the Lewis archives use a DIFFERENT cataloging code number - listing this as frame # C-1989-4028 as opposed to the proper Apollo mission-magazine-frame# catalog designator of AS11-40-5875. This means that if you search for the Apollo frame# on Google looking for this specific frame, you wont find this official NASA/Lewis archive version, as it is labeled with an entirely different catalog code.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cf2d38b5ab1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20c11b33b1d8.jpg[/atsimg]

the full size image (2880x3600) can be downloaded here (6mb)
www.sendspace.com...

this is the same picture with no ufo !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fd8b549bd78.jpg[/atsimg]

www.hq.nasa.gov...

same picture again , different colors and no ufo !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/978f8453fff8.jpg[/atsimg]

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
wow thats huge!! What i dont understand is why tptb felt the need to crop out everything in the background,regardless if it shows anomolies or just stock standard "space".

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
interesting find. Log it in under evidence!

im having less time in my days for interesting stuff. I wish the soulution to our problems would find us inspire us, and we could then take the world into an age of love and piece. I think

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yeah.... erm, well, its Venus.

Nothing to see here. Move on back to American Idol.

Just kidding.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If it's Venus, why remove it?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
If it's Venus, why remove it?

To not get tons of questions of what that light is.

But note that I was kidding about Venus. Its just the first thing skeptics say so I felt I would beat them.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
thats just crazy..Although this does not surprise me at all...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Why would NASA crop out or cover over Venus? why not just say cool picture with Planet Venus, it would have made the picture famous and used a lot, which would have been a good thing for them, don't you agree?

Not Venus, but a large Huge, unidentified Floating Light. or UFO

Apologies, didn't see the kidding post, great idea about beating those who will speculate on a Chinese Lantern, or Santa.

Erm beating them to it rather

[edit on 11/10/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's just a chinese lantern..................

oh wait.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Moraz]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
jeez that swamp gas sure looks good on the moon eh?

Awesome catch on this photo, i wouldn have even thought of looking at diff cat #s

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I also found the same UFO in reel 39 from the Apollo mission some years ago, I made a video animation where I edited together all of the images in sequence so that it is apearant that it is not a planet but something that actually moves in the "sky" above the moon.

See here

NASA image codes are in sequence from AS11-39-5741 to AS11-39-5744

Edit:
Here is a
close-up image

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's just a weather balloon. Oh wait, the same excuses that work on Earth doesn't work as well on the moon.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The only real option could be the orbiter, but I doubt it, that can be checked and double checked and confirmed through their own time line of the pictures and the orbit position.

Any one know how to do that

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
But note that I was kidding about Venus.

Gotcha, it's funny I just did what aggravates me the most.....often times my sarcasm is mistaken for seriousness on ATS !

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
it is apearant that it is not a planet but something that actually moves in the "sky" above the moon.

A skeptic would say: comet.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
A skeptic would say: comet.

It certainly does not look like a comet, it is round, see the big images here, here, here and here. Does not comets have tails?

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ok, so, what is it you think you are seeing here? Help me out and fill me in.
My personal observation is a light. In fact, it looks like one of many more lights out in space in the "Big Pics" links provided by one poster. What I don't see however, is a pilot, or a window, or anything out of the ordinary that I might not expect to see in a image from the moon.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
obviously the northern lights reflecting off some swamp gas. nothing to see here..

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Light reflecting off the glass behind the camera. That's what they always tell people who take pictures of ghosts, don't see why it couldn't work here too.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Very interesting. There must have been a natural explanation for the light or NASA would have airbrushed it out. Could it be the orbiting portion of the lunar module?

These pictures also clearly show the rod at the top of the US flag. I often hear people saying how come the flag is sticking out and if there is no wind on the moon the photos must have been faked. Well these pictures clearly illustrate why the flag sticks out. There is a horizontal rod supporting the flag from the top.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join