It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(news) Mexican UFO's are Ball Lightning

page: 1

join
share:
dz

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Scientists are claiming that what most people believed to be UFO's over Mexico are actually just something called Ball Lightning, which are glowing spheres that have been sighted before but aren't really understood.

"Just as you have lightning between clouds and ground, you can also have it within the clouds and sometimes ball lightning can develop. I feel this is one of these rare events," said Herrera, based at Mexico's National Autonomous University.

They also claim that when the sphere's seem to go toward the airplane in the footage, that they're merely just attracted to the plane and using it as a conductor.

www.cnn.com...

Edit: Just to add more info to the topic, here are some resources on Ball Lightning:

www.eskimo.com...
www.amasci.com...

On that 'amasci' site, they talk about experiences. Some of them actually sound like what some people might consider UFO experiences.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by dz]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ball lightning is as about as bad an explanation ive ever heard for this footage .......why not just say it was a flock of geese and light from street lights was reflected off there bellys .....LMAO

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Suurre, this is what your typical ball lightning does.

"UFO follower Jaime Maussan said on Tuesday the objects seemed "intelligent" after they turned around to surround the plane chasing them -- but Herrera said electrical discharges in ball lightning could have been attracted to the plane as a conductor."

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Whatever it is, the fact that it gives a IR signature but cannot be visually seen by the naked eye has got to have the military and scientists very interested.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimwarrior
Whatever it is, the fact that it gives a IR signature but cannot be visually seen by the naked eye has got to have the military and scientists very interested.

It's got alot of Theoretical Physists interested as well. Dr. Michio Kaku was on Coast to Coast last night and he is one of the most respected Physists on the planet today. His words were when he saw the video "The hair on the back on my neck stood on end" or somthing like that. The reason why he was interested and willing to stick his neck out and actually SAY that this was not ball lightning was because it fit the citeria that scientists look for. Multiple Eyewitness's witnessed by Multiple means( Radar and IR).

Just some food for thought..

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sorry about the double post but I have something to add.

He also said the manuevers sure seemed intelligent and defied the laws of physics as we know them today....

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If these are ball lightning it is wierd to say the least that they are appearing and being document so well there when they are so rare. For what I know it is unheard of to see so much ball lightning. I have seen a ball of lightning once in Florida and it could easily have been mistaken as ball lightning.

I had a wierd dream about a month ago that I got hit by ball lightning, with this in the news it is making wonder if there may be something more to that dream.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ball lighting would show up in the normal visual spectrum. These only appear in IR and Radar Imaging.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The ball of lightning theory is bs, and any respectable scientist would know it. They are just too scared that it is possible that it is not from this planet, it could be a military craft, but i would doubt the US would use such craft when it is still secret in Mexico. This would make it not so secret anymore.

top topics

join