It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article - Is someone killing our UFO researchers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Otto Binder wrote an article for Saga magazine's Special UFO Report titled "Liquidation of the UFO Investigators:' Binder had researched the deaths of "no less than 137 flying saucer researchers, writers, scientists, and witnesses' who had died in the previous 10 years, "many under the most mysterious circumstances."

Interesting article on the seemingly disproportionate number of suspicious deaths involved with people who engage in UFO research:

Death by gunshot to the head. Death by probable poisoning. Death by probable strangulation. Deaths possibly by implantation of deadly viruses. No one lives former. Yet the recent suspicious deaths of UFO investigators Phil Schneider, Ron Johnson, Con Routine, Ann Livingston and Karln Turner, as well as the deaths of a host of researchers in the past, only seem to add emphasis to a reality with which many of the more aware UFOIogists are now quite familiar:not only is UFO research potentially dangerous, but the life span of the average serious investigator falls far short of the national average.

Link:
www.metatech.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Someone IS killing "our" microbiologists.

The UFO angle is usually disinformation and fluff to keep people distracted from the real issues. My experience is that all the earthly stuff related to UFO tends to be bs, with the real conspiracies being around the whole NWO stuff.

Not that there aren't UFO's, or aliens, I believe there are, heck I've experienced a few things, however they are at a level or scale above what most people operate and I don't think they interface directly with human governments much.

My 5c. It's probably bs.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Wow, that article really stretches with some of the deaths.

That aside, it may seem there are a high number of deaths associated with UFO researchers (and heightened by the endemic paranoia of the field) but it may just seem that way. I wonder what the death-rate is as compared to other fields of research.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

It is shocking.

And the list is still rather fragmentary. For instance Thomas Costello hasn't been mentioned The Need To Be Silenced

Moreover one should not forget the many murdered politicians, like Benazir Bhutto Benazir Bhutto Assassinated at Political Rally and Key Benazir Bhutto assassination witness shot dead

[edit on 10-10-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I agree with DoomsdayRex, some deaths seem stretchy not to mention that there's lot of people in that list that weren't UFO investigators, as the article calls them.

Two of the most obvious that stand out right away are Phil Schneider and Bill Cooper. Really? UFO investigators? Those guys were and did a lot of things but investigation wasn't one of them.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindmelding
Someone IS killing "our" microbiologists.

Yeah, they were only "theirs"'. We welcome the uber race.

The UFO angle is usually disinformation and fluff to keep people distracted from the real issues.

Sure, it's just to distract. We're alone in the universe.

My experience is that all the earthly stuff related to UFO tends to be bs ...
My 5c. It's probably bs.

As you name it at the end of your post you greatly contributed to the thread issue.

The UFO angle is usually disinformation and fluff to keep people distracted from the real issues.

Now W-H-O wants "to keep people distracted from the real issues" ...?

[edit on 10-10-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge
..some deaths seem stretchy not to mention that there's lot of people in that list that weren't UFO investigators, as the article calls them.

Converge,thanks for the reply - granted the article contains its fair share of speculation but its worth pointing out there are some individuals who were UFO researchers and the piece does contain some very unusual accounts.
Of course all the deaths may have perfectly natural (or depesssion induced) causes - the factors surrounding the death of Dr James E Mcdonald are a good example:

McDonald, allegedly depressed, shot himself in the head. But, alas, he didn't die. He was wheelchair-ridden but somehow, several months after his first attempt, he allegedly got in an automobile, drove to a pawnshop, purchased another pistol from his wheelchair, drove to the desert and did himself in.

Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Upon first reading,Dr Mcdonald's death does sound somewhat suspicious but it may also be perfectly innocent and just the actions of a very troubled man - I think its usualy best to keep an open mind about these things though.
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Some find UFO stories distracting while others find them as entertaining and informative as watching a play.

When down her weedy trophies and herself Fell in the weeping brook. Her clothes spread wide; And, mermaid-like, awhile they bore her up: Which time she chanted snatches of old tunes; As one incapable of her own distress, Or like a creature native and indued Unto that element: but long it could not be Till that her garments, heavy with their drink, Pull'd the poor wretch from her melodious lay To muddy death.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
When are these going to get it?: Art Bell, Jerome Clark, Robert Dean, Richard M. Dolan, Don Ecker, Stanton T. Friedman, Dr. Steven M. Greer, Budd Hopkins, David M. Jacobs, George Knapp, George Noory, Dr. Kevin D. Randle, Nicholas "Nick" Redfern, Robert Sheaffer, Whitley Strieber,

The world of UFOlogy would regain some modicum of respect if the above were out of the picture.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
When are these going to get it?: Art Bell, Jerome Clark, Robert Dean, Richard M. Dolan, Don Ecker, Stanton T. Friedman, Dr. Steven M. Greer, Budd Hopkins, David M. Jacobs, George Knapp, George Noory, Dr. Kevin D. Randle, Nicholas "Nick" Redfern, Robert Sheaffer, Whitley Strieber,

The world of UFOlogy would regain some modicum of respect if the above were out of the picture.

Hoping for the deaths of the people you listed above is a new low for you and shows what kind of person you are.

Just because you don't agree with them, doesn't mean they should all be dead. That's just sick.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Richard M. Dolan..

Ed - I'm not going to speculate by what you mean by 'out of the picture' but what the dickens have you got against Richard M Dolan?

Bio:

Richard M. Dolan was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1962. He holds an MA in History from the University of Rochester and a BA in History from Alfred University. He earned a Certificate in Political Theory from Oxford University and was a Rhodes Scholar finalist. Prior to his interest in anomalous phenomena, Dolan studied US Cold War strategy, Soviet history, and international diplomacy.

Is it because he comes out with (quite correct) statements like this?

As a result, the easiest thing to do with UFO evidence is to ignore it, which is what most people do. Much harder is to confront it honestly, whether this means accepting or debunking it. That is, accepting into one's worldview something as "far out" as extraterrestrials is not easy for many people, especially when one's official culture finds little more than ridicule in the subject.
But honest debunking is very, very difficult, considering the compelling nature of so many UFO cases. Personally, I am close to the position that it is impossible to do this honestly, but will leave the benefit of the doubt to some exceptional, as yet unfound, individual.

The problem with nearly all skeptical arguments against alien visitation is that, quite simply, they fail to look at the UFO evidence. They all sound great in theory, but fall apart when presented with a few good reports. In the end, skeptics are forced to fall back upon their most often-used weapon: claiming a UFO event was a hoax.

Thread:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Kill poeple just because they strive to reveal the truth? Good Lord. And how exactly would you like it to happen Sir, to get them "out of the picture", in gas chambers? As said, welcome to the uber race.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Your post is demonstrative of the confusion that goes on in your head about the field and people in it.

Putting people like Jerome Clark, Richard Dolan, Don Ecker, Stanton Friedman, Kevin Randle, Budd Hopkins, Nick Redfern in the same bag as Whitley Strieber, Art Bell, George Noory and Steven Greer?!

I'm speechless.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Karl, Deepsea, Nightmare, I think you miss Eddie's point. Despite these mysterious (though some are not mysterious at all) deaths of these UFO researchers, there are far more researchers who are still alive and studying the subject.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Richard M. Dolan..

Ed - I'm not going to speculate by what you mean by 'out of the picture' but what the dickens have you got against Richard M Dolan?

Bio:

Richard M. Dolan was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1962. He holds an MA in History from the University of Rochester and a BA in History from Alfred University. He earned a Certificate in Political Theory from Oxford University and was a Rhodes Scholar finalist. Prior to his interest in anomalous phenomena, Dolan studied US Cold War strategy, Soviet history, and international diplomacy.

Is it because he comes out with (quite correct) statements like this?

As a result, the easiest thing to do with UFO evidence is to ignore it, which is what most people do. Much harder is to confront it honestly, whether this means accepting or debunking it. That is, accepting into one's worldview something as "far out" as extraterrestrials is not easy for many people, especially when one's official culture finds little more than ridicule in the subject.
But honest debunking is very, very difficult, considering the compelling nature of so many UFO cases. Personally, I am close to the position that it is impossible to do this honestly, but will leave the benefit of the doubt to some exceptional, as yet unfound, individual.

The problem with nearly all skeptical arguments against alien visitation is that, quite simply, they fail to look at the UFO evidence. They all sound great in theory, but fall apart when presented with a few good reports. In the end, skeptics are forced to fall back upon their most often-used weapon: claiming a UFO event was a hoax.

Thread:

I'll tell you what I have against Richard Dolan. Many years ago while he was still trying to make his mark we communicated. First, I pointed out to him that the image he was using on his webpage to represent UFOs over the Wash., DC capitol building was a photo showing the reflections of the lamps in front of the building. This photo is used to push UFOs over the Capitol building by either poor researchers or people with an agenda to further UFO b.s. Richard being the respected researcher he seems to be should have known better.

Then we discussed Roswell and he told me he accepted the b.s. version about a UFO crashing near Roswell despite all of the evidence to the contrary.

I have no respect for people who behave as such and as far as his research, he has not created anything new, he just finds info and reveals it. His POV is not from a well-informed, reasoning, logical, common sense mind. He is a believer and that colors the way he thinks and not always positive.

He may be a nice guy and all that but when it comes to UFOlogy I can do without him.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Despite these mysterious deaths there are far more researchers who are still alive and studying the subject.

One might surmise that it is best to keep a high profile and not get too close to the truth if one wishes to prevent a premature death, although of course that may just be my inner paranoia speaking.

When I saw the thread title I immediately thought of the Marconi scientists as well as the microbiologist deaths; if there really is something concrete behind the UFO conspiracy theories it makes sense that the perpetrators of the cover-up would protect it at least as aggressively as they have already shown they are willing to protect other conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Don't try to put any kind of spin on what Eddie said. He clearly implied that those people he mentioned should all die. I understood what he meant very clearly and so did a few others.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonicology

You probably have the most interesting avatar photo (if that is what it's called) and I wonder how many have figured out that it's an anaglyph and how many have the glasses to appreciate the hall's depth.

top topics

join