It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Muslim population hits 1.57 billion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
They're HERE!

The global Muslim population stands at 1.57 billion, meaning that nearly 1 in 4 people in the world practice Islam, according to a report Wednesday billed as the most comprehensive of its kind.

The Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life report provides a precise number for a population whose size has long has been subject to guesswork, with estimates ranging anywhere from 1 billion to 1.8 billion.

The project, three years in the making, also presents a portrait of the Muslim world that might surprise some. For instance, Germany has more Muslims than Lebanon, China has more Muslims than Syria, Russia has more Muslims than Jordan and Libya combined, and Ethiopia has nearly as many Muslims as Afghanistan.

"This whole idea that Muslims are Arabs and Arabs are Muslims is really just obliterated by this report," said Amaney Jamal, an assistant professor of politics at Princeton University who reviewed an advance copy.

Pew officials call the report the most thorough on the size and distribution of adherents of the world's second largest religion behind Christianity, which has an estimated 2.1 billion to 2.2 billion followers.

Rest of story

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
not big problem at all there is enough hardware to deal with them all if they start to be more unkind that they are already )

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadoMan

I saw that coming. I think they want to take over the world.

But I have to say that most Moslems are peaceful people.

Just because there are a few Muslim terrorists, that does not mean they all are - far from it.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
1 in 6 or 1 in 4 is still a MINORITY.
They are still a MINORITY in most countries.
And with changing immigration policies in the future, they could well remain a MINORITY outside of their homelands.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm not too sure about Muslims not being evil in terms of trying to extract revenge and hurt on those whom they have labeled as infidels. Christians didn't exactly treat them well throughout history. These folks are also very devout. Much more devout than your practicing Christian. Hence they have been easily manipulated by some bitter souls that perverted the writings of Mohammed. I'm not saying that it isn't just because of the promise of x number of virgins. But you never know.

There may be a few heavily indoctrinated/poisoned Muslims but those few were enough to cause this "War on Terror". I can't even imagine what a lot of new converts will do. In addition to that, there's the case of those Jihadists and Bin Laden being revered as heroes in some parts of the world. Those people aren't even "Terrorists" yet but judging from the looks of things, they can be easily indoctrinated.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Unregistered]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered
Christians didn't exactly treat them well throughout history.

Unregistered - I'm certainly not a fan of either abrahamic cult but there are always two side to every story:

Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadoMan
They're HERE!

So? Something wrong? Are they a bunch of aliens and they just landed here? What is this all about, really?

top topics

join