It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's Most Liked Nation. You might be surprised.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I see the report was released on October 5th, however, I wasn't able to find the actual dates the surveys were completed. It seems to me a survey/poll of this magnitude would take a while to complete, from the actual distribution of forms to completing the calculations of the results.

The press release says the survey takers were in 20 countries. That is quite an undertaking. I guess I will withhold any opinion until I can learn this information. But, it appears to me it would have to have taken the majority of the year to complete a report of the results. Meaning the survey takers' opinions had been developed at the latest, the beginning of 2009 or the end of 2008. Speculation, I know, but I am curious.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How could anyone hate a country that gave the world Elvis, Michael Jackson, Disco and "Howard the Duck".

Glad to see that we are back at the top of the charts. I was getting worried that the world didn't like us anymore.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oscitate
reply to post by Shadowflux

You make it sound like my post above yours is an exception to the rule. But the reality is that you are not disliked. I believe the ugly tourist stereotype is a global phenomena, the same could be said of the many American tourists here

I honestly do not doubt it, except that the restaurants in Italy can save money by serving Spaghetti Os and calling it Spaghetacini or something lol

I lied a little, not every tourist is that bad, but not every visitor is really a "tourist".

It just angers me a little when you're in my country, I'm showing you around and you feel the need to tell me every little way that America isn't as good as your country. So go the hell home!!

I'm sure you feel the same way about the dopey American tourists you guys get. Or how about the psuedo-european wanna be Italian types. I bet you love those.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
America is like a teenage nation who places great importance in their popularity and image. Old timers like China don't care as long as they are getting closer to the top in terms of real power. If America will behave in a way that pleases us to gain popularity it's a good deal for the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is some kind of joke right?

lines

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Is not a "problem" with been liked, but with the devaluation of the dollars occurs the US is the top spot for all the people in EU and other nations that otherwise would not be able to afford to travel around.

US is no only cheaper but on the other side of the world for tourist.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I believe it when I start seeing Americans wearing the stars and stripes when they travel to foreign countries, and not hiding behind the maple leaf that doesn't belong to them. Most liked nation

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Having lived in rural Pennsylvania and suburban Washington D.C., Billings Montana, West Hollywood, California, Newport Beach, California, rural North Carolina, and presently Miami Beach, Florida, I only have one thing to say.

The U.S.A. rocks!

They tell me I will get 8 months off my sentence for saying that!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Wow! I was sure it had to be someone else! I think many of us don't realize how much the world hated and feared Bush. I think the fact that we elected someone SO different must have had a huge effect on the way the world sees us. More than we know.

Well, good for us! I'm proud of our country these days.
I hope we live up to the reputation.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The numbers for this poll have got to be rigged! There is no way with Americas actions and attitudes in general they are the most liked country.. i dont know the whole world of course, but i do speak to high numbers of residents in almost all other countries on Earth, and its been relayed often that not just themselves but their neighbors, families, friends, and others in their country has an extreme dislike for America..and its pretty wide spread.. and greatly understandable.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yep...

No way no how could America be at all popular... Nope, can't be...

That's why people die trying to get here. Across our borders...in little boats I'd be scared to sail in my bathtub. Spend years trying to get here, both legally and not so much. Clear evidence that we're so very hated, and the poll is rigged...

Uh-huh...

My country, for all it's faults, has been a shining symbol to people all over the world. Like it or not...and some of you don't.

Still and all, cool thread, 'trep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join