It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What mass corporations will never say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Things you will never hear from corporate america:

From the NRA: "No, the apocolypse is not coming, there is no need to stockpile guns and ammo"

From the food services "There will be plenty of food tomorrow, dont bother with the freeze dried stuff"

From the large insurance companys "Competition is great, we welcome a public option healthcare"

From the drug companies "maybe your symptoms are just from eating horribly and no daily exercise, you dont need a pill, you need 30 minutes of exercise a day"

From TV Networks "Shut this TV off now and go play a game with your family"

From News Networks "we are going to report on positive things going on in the world for the entire day"

From the tobacco industry "its much cheaper to grow your own tobacco plants than buy our products, but cheaper still to simply quit"

Its interesting to look at my own personal life and see how indirectly I am a complete tool for corporate america. I do believe in a healthy economy of course but there is a difference between buying necessities and some extras verses being completely brainwashed by marketing ploys and running my life around corporate agendas.

I don't see large corps as evil entities, simply profit driven machines that care little about the mental or physical health of their target audience, and its not their responsibility to do so, its ours.
So, the first thing to do is identify what is reality and what is marketing brainwashing.

Feel free to write your "what you would never hear from a corporation" meme here, sometimes humor can be very educational and thought provoking at the same time.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
"From the tobacco industry "its much cheaper to grow your own tobacco plants than buy our products, but cheaper still to simply quit" "

Okay I just have to say this is completely false.... True, it may be cheaper to grow your own tobacco however the curing process to make it smokeable is extremely difficult, and not only that, if you do smoke the leaves you have a very good chance of dying from an overdose....

the indians used to smoke peace pipes of tobacco, and they would get VERY lightheaded (similar to first time users of tobacco)...

source (www.erowid.org...)

Nicotiana tabacum L.;
Nightshade family (Solanaceae)

. . .

Harvesting: The curing of tobacco is an expert business, and will not be covered here. Furthermore, this process greatly reduces its alkaloid content. For hallucinogenic purposes, the leaves should be dried quickly, preferably in the shade or indoors, and without the application of heat. Uncured tobacco is very potent -- the Indians who used it would often pass out after as little as one cigarette, and "communicate with the gods." This type of tobacco should be smoked with caution. The danger here is death from overdose rather than addiction. When used as a ritual narcotic it is not smoked often enough to result in addiction.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
From XE (Formerly known as Blackwater): "No really. We believe in world peace."

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

What mass corporations will never say

The truth.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
here's another one

from the super market: "Our products are infested with all sorts of chemicals you can't even pronounce that we have done the absolute minimum amount of research required which still shows that they can be quite harmful to your health. You would be far better off buying food from a local farmer than us."

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sacrosanct

Haha. I just heard someone say recently: "I'm growing my own tobacco. I dried some... I didn't know how to cure it, the internet said it was hard.. so I just dried it and chopped it up and smoked it. It was fine, I don't see what the big deal is."

I don't remember who that was, but he is probably communicating with the Gods by now.

Edit:

Shoe Manufacturer: "These new shoes won't make you run faster or jump further; and if you suck at basketball without them, they won't help you at all."

[edit on 9-10-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

top topics

join