It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This is a shocker! Obama has just won the 2009 Nobel Peace prize.

This just happened. I will include more information when it comes in.

The Nobel Committee said he was awarded it for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".

There were a record 205 nominations for this year's prize.

The laureate - chosen by a five-member committee - wins a gold medal, a diploma and 10m Swedish kronor ($1.4m).

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 10/9/2009 by whatukno]

Some more info and to fix a link.

(CNN) -- President Obama was awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday.

Less than nine months into his presidency, Barack Obama has been awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize.

The first African-American to win the White House, Obama was praised by the Norwegian Nobel Committee for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

"Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," the committee said. "His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population."

The committee also said Obama has "created a new climate in international politics."

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 10/9/2009 by whatukno]

+79 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I know I shouldn't write this..

but..

WHAT THE #??

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I see nothing about that in the link you provided. If it is true I wonder what for? He hasn't done anything deserving of one.

Edit, is this some kind of a hoax?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by calstorm]

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
the very first Nobel prize winner who can start WWIII
hope not

besides its quite racist decision

[edit on 9-10-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is not a hoax it's not a joke, it's true!

OSLO (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for his calls to reduce the world's stockpile of nuclear weapons and working for world peace.

The first African American to hold the country's highest office, Obama has called for disarmament and worked to restart the stalled Middle East peace process since taking office in January.

The prize worth 10 million Swedish crowns ($1.4 million) will be handed over in Oslo on December 10.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
rofl you have all been trolled.

you have been debriefed.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

It's the top banner on CNN.com, I provided an additional link to BBC.com this story just broke about ten minutes ago.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

“After Iraq, we may be tempted to turn inward. That would be a mistake. The American moment is not over, but it must be seized anew. We must bring the war to a responsible end and then renew our leadership — military, diplomatic, moral — to confront new threats and capitalize on new opportunities.”

Barack Obama.

link   
And what was the time?

11 o'clock... on the 9... (In Norway..)

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Annav]

+76 more 
link   
How ironic that the leader of the country that is waging 2 wars, has no intention of ending either of them, has fallen short on his promise to close Guantanamo Bay wins the Nobel Peace Prize.

There's a whole lot of oral fixation being satisfied by this.

no hoax btw, nobelpeaceprize.org...

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So what exactly did he do to get this award? I agree with the 2nd post.
This is outrageous.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I just saw the news on CNN too. YOU HAVE TO BE FIN kidding me!?!?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Its true!

But let us not forget, Henry Kissinger have also gotten this!

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
This is such wonderful news for America! What an outstanding way to acknowledge our President! I am so proud of America and her President right now! What a change from just 10 months ago!!

Good for Obama!! Now maybe more Americans will see what the rest of the world thinks of our President.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee said Obama was honored for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Barack Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

[edit on 9-10-2009 by yankeerose]

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Maybe if he had actually pulled the troops out of Iraq like he said he would instead of fueling it even more, Sorry IMHO he does not qualify. This is an insult to all who have won it before him. Degrading the Nobel peace prize its self.

~10 years from now~
Person 1 "Yo man, I just won the nobel peace prize for not picking my nose in public."

Person 2 "Didn't they used to be given out for extraordinary contributions to society? So what are you going ot spend the money one?"

Person1 " Not since Obama won it, now the just pull names out of a hat. I think I'll start a collection of items made by child slave labor."

Edit: Because paper clips was all I could think of at that moment.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I wonder what the president will do with the $1.4 million in prize money he gets for winning the peace prize?

This is a shocker! I don't know what to think.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I wonder what the president will do with the $1.4 million in prize money he gets for winning the peace prize?

This is a shocker! I don't know what to think.

He now has a way to pay off the lawyers blocking all the court cases looking into his birth status/certificate without spending the taxpayer's money to do it.

Or maybe he'll pay off one of his cabinet member's back taxes

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The NWO strikes again.

It can only be a NWO scam to save obama.

I wonder what the payback from obama will be.

Turn the US over to NWO control?????.

Banning guns in the US?????.

it got to be something big.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
What the h...

He won the 2009 nobel price for peace? I live in the netherlands, all i see is lies, wars, and lots of starving to death...

How is the nobel price voting works? Can someone explain that to me? are people voting on him or something like a congres thats votes for him?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Rorror]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I knew the Nobel Peace Prize thing was a joke from the start.

so people like Henry Kissinger or Hillary who have started wars or are advocating them get peace prizes

and now obama? who might start a war with iran oh brother

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join