It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama, Basketballer-In-Chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Mr. Obama has played basketball at least five times since becoming president, according to CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller – though since there's a court on the grounds of the White House, it's impossible to know exactly how often he's gotten in a game. On February 15th, he played at the Chicago Lab School, his daughters' old school, for two hours; a couple weeks later, he played with friends and aides at the Department of the Interior Gymnasium for about an hour and a half.

article here

Rome continues to burn and fall and all this guy wants to do is travel to Copenhagen, come back home and play basketball.
This might explain why his popularity rating continues to drop.

(An amusing side note: According to Gibbs, the president claims to have, in pickup games in the past, blocked "several of Reggie [Love's] shots." One block was captured by a White House photographer. The president subsequently had that photograph blown up, and then got Love to sign it – presumably grudgingly.)

OK Mr President, so you blocked a shot during a recent game, there was even a photo that captured the moment.
Savor the moment while you can.
Go ahead and frame the picture for prosperity, but I hate to break it to you, this is not exactly an accomplishment of major significance in the eyes of the American people, so don't be so quick to pat yourself on the back.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So? I assume in you're job you enjoy the much needed luxury of a break? Surely you're president is entitled to some fun and games?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The OP is simply ludicrous. Being fit and healthy surely behooves a President. Bill Clinton was jogging on a regular basis. And don't get me started on GWB, who apparently thought that clearing out shrubs on his ranch was in the job description.

When hate makes you blind, you look ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
The OP is simply ludicrous. Being fit and healthy surely behooves a President. Bill Clinton was jogging on a regular basis. And don't get me started on GWB, who apparently thought that clearing out shrubs on his ranch was in the job description.

No hate here, just pointing out the obvious, that certain priorities are screwed up.

How predictable, I just knew someone would bring up Dubya.
FYI, clearing out shrubs is considered WORK, while playing basketball is just that, PLAYING A GAME.

BTW, from the same article.

President George W. Bush golfed for the first two years of his time in office, though he stopped because of the war;

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Rome continues to burn and fall and all this guy wants to do is travel to Copenhagen, come back home and play basketball.
This might explain why his popularity rating continues to drop.

Really?

Is that really what you wanted to talk about? 5 basketball games? A trip to Copenhagen that took an entire single day? Must be a slow news day for the pointless Obama-bashers. I mean, there's plenty there to complain about, but you guys always seem to find the silliest little things to harp on.

I mean, you were around since 2004. I wonder how many threads you started about president Bush spending a third of his time in office on vacation.

Yes, that's 487 days. And Camp David is not even where the president has spent the most time when not at the White House: Knoller reports that Mr. Bush has made 77 visits to his ranch in Crawford during his presidency, and spent all or part of 490 days there.

CBS

Obvious political hack is obvious.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I also remember how the media kept hounding him for it too, yet where are the media now?

Oh yeah, for some reason they seem to think that slacking is now cool.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
A basketball game every month and a half?

Yep, he is a slacker!

this is really searching for it. Besides, I know a lot of people who think best when participating in sports.

GWB used to jog every single day. And that is great! He was very fit which let him avoid the shoe like a scene out of the matrix.

I can't stand the guy, but he was certainly welcome to a good jog.

Really, if you let stuff like this eat you then that is pretty sad. And not to mention your gonna get high blood pressure.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Oh wow. The CiC is on demand 24/7. The Kernel can deal with that. What he can't deal with is ignorance. Can we not say that Obama's physical activity also not be in the publics interest? Let's look at that:

Your brain is a thinking organ that learns and grows by interacting with the world through perception and action. Mental stimulation improves brain function and actually protects against cognitive decline, as does physical exercise.

The human brain is able to continually adapt and rewire itself. Even in old age, it can grow new neurons. Severe mental decline is usually caused by disease, whereas most age-related losses in memory or motor skills simply result from inactivity and a lack of mental exercise and stimulation. In other words, use it or lose it.

www.fi.edu...

So he took a few days to refresh his brain. Got anything else to go on because the Kernel see this as a hit and run piece with little thought and no substance.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Why is it hate, the geezer probably hated bush too.

Why is this left right garbage going on still. We live in 2009, we do not care if obama is black. It is the liberals that bring up that.

Most on this board hated bush as well.

top topics

join