It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irony plays a bigger a part in reality than thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have found that these people who always talk about positive thinking are talking bull. Irony is most important factor in your life. There is no such thing as karma. The people who run this world are beasts, so why doesnt karma get them. Thats because karma is bull and only for all you suckers.

Irony plays the most important part in our life, thats why positive thinking does not work, get it, all you people studying this. Irony is the most important factor in our reality.

Just like when obama went to southern germany a while back, and said is it not ironic that such a beautiful place as southern germany had those horrific things being done there.

Get it irony plays the more important factor in life than any positive thinking.

Also why do the victims of crimes are the ones who suffer and the police go after them, while the criminals go around having wonderful lifes.

Thoughts....

I will give you a tail of irony of my own life.

I have no interest in females in my life and in 1999 i was working on a building site. One of the blokes there threatened me to stab me up the arse if i didnt prove i was straight.
A week later this bloke nearly stabbed a man to death, and was arrested by police on attempted murder.
Now isnt that a tale of irony?

Now all you scientists wrecking peoples lifes trying to understand positive thinking your clueless, get it. Irony plays a far bgger role in our lifes than positive thinking.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by andy1033]

[edit on 10/8/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Andy, personally I would call the incident you described as karma.

But I don't really believe that bad people will always eventually be punished or that good people will always be rewarded.

It is called life. Fecal Matter Happens.

Can we influence our own lives by being positive? Yes, surely. We may not win the lotto but a healthy positive way of thinking never did any harm.

In fact the Placebo effect is a well-known scientifically documented and recognised effect - the human brains thinks it is getting the medicine, and this fools the body into thinking this is so.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I do not believe karma exists. If karma exist why would the people running this world be so evil. What does karma do to them and why doesnt it get rid of them if it exists.

I think irony and karma are different, and karma does not exist while irony does. Like when obama went to germany, which southern germany is one of the most beautiful places on earth. He noted in his speech about how ironic it was that such horrific things happened there.

Irony for me ifs the reason positive thinking does not work, nature has some sort of balancer. Obviously everyone cannot wish to be happy and rich. Its ironic that always the scum rises to the top in society and society seem to want only scum.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

In nature ... it's survival of the fittest. Why do we humans think that it is any different for us?

The worst humans most often rise to positions of authority and power because they don't suffer the morals and scruples that you and I would. When I do something, I think about consequences and who it might hurt.

The "scum" doesn't. They don't care ... people become afraid of them and they get into positions of power because they often get the dirty jobs done.

It is sad, I know.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Irony doesn't work in a vacuum. Your understanding is incomplete. You have the keys before you in your own perception yet are blind to them. What looks like irony is actually unawareness of the law of attraction, thus giving the appearance of an incongruent outcome. Thoughts and actions consistent with the want for scum to rise to the top are thusly rewarded by the law. When the thinking is self-destructive, irony and karma are in bed together.

What I described is far more ironic than you managed to express and thus not ironic at all, which makes it damned ironic. That is your karma.

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

What I described is far more ironic than you managed to express and thus not ironic at all, which makes it damned ironic. That is your karma.

Circular logic makes for a nice reference to Karma being a wheel that turns eventually

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
Circular logic makes for a nice reference to Karma being a wheel that turns eventually

It seems my constructions are very, um, naked before you.

See the emperor's beautiful clothes? I thought not. You sadden the weavers! Improprietor! The baby spiders weep.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

lol!

I am afraid the the finest fashions from Milan and Paris, weaved with lack of foresight and utmost cynicism - which cater only to the highest of nobility, are doomed to be forever invisible to my eyes.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I know it is far more complex than we can imagine, but both irony and karma are two words that have meanings for each of us that are totally different.

You will need to give us a far more complete understanding of what are the differences between the two, and answer really why the beats at the top, are not punished by nature in same way. Plenty of people hate the people at the top, and some of the main players in this world are responsible for outrageous crimes.

I still do not think the people at the top believe in karma at all, and they have this karma thing for people in india, so they can endure there rubbish lifes thinking they did something wrong before.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember

Where does it turn, and how long. The people at the top all do horrendous things, all of us know, and nothing happens to them period.

This goes against positive thinking and karma, does it not?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You actually made me consider that the two are not unrelated at all and so I'll not argue the difference at all. I had recognized the phenomenon but somehow remained blind to using the term "irony" itself.

You say plenty of people hate the people at the top. Perhaps not enough people. Hate may not be a proper way to be in relation. Once the population ceases to abide the people at the top and reward them, said people will have nowhere to settle. It should be obvious that those at the top cannot stay at the top without a bottom to support them. Think of all the resources and services of those below they need in order to maintain that.

In other words, they are a reflection of those underneath-- as above, so below. It's tough to face up to that but face it we must. Vengence rather than transformation will beget yet another cycle. When a transformative critical mass is reached, when those critical few stop carrying the burden, the remaining supports will give way. Woah to those still underneath!

They may not believe in karma because it gives them consolation. Actually, I believe they do and they are scared and trying to keep the old order artificially propped up, trying stave off the inevitable as long as possible. I think those that do the worst accumulate the greatest debt over the longest term.

What happened in Germany that was not supported by the population at large? Why did they believe vengence and extermination to be a solution to their hardships? No real secret was ever made of it. Plenty knew what was happening. Why are many so ashamed today? The next temptation is once again vengence. It was set up that way. By its irony it's not ironic at all.

Karma and irony comingle in the dark. In the light karma disappears altogether.

I think the turnaround is in process but it won't happen until enough sleepers awaken, that is, to their own part in the drama and decide to play different roles.

new topics

top topics

join