It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The (little) Face on the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hello ATS, want to share something with you.

The LROC image of the part of Mare Moscoviense has just been released. (But I wonder why it took so long to release? - the image was taken on July 29. This is odd)

Here is what I found.
The area where to find this face and the face itself

What do you think? In my opinion this is not a crater, but some kind of constructed hideout in the form of humanoid face.

Mare Moscoviense is on the farside.

P.S. I browse every single LROC image and since the final orbit insertion burn on Sept 15 there was no new data posted. Paradoxically, they are still processing (or whatever they're doing) imagery from the past - July and August. Why is this so?

Full res

[edit on 7/10/2009 by strNick]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I don't see a face? At all..

Mod Edit: Adding "2." doesn't make it any less of a 1-liner.
One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-

That's because it is heavily eroded or partially destroyed. It might be several hundreds of thousands of years old. And don't forget the angle - obviously not a 90 deg., it matters for such small objects.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Oh, it all makes sense now..

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by strNick
That's because it is heavily eroded or partially destroyed. It might be several hundreds of thousands of years old. And don't forget the angle - obviously not a 90 deg., it matters for such small objects.

Eh... Eroded? By what?
There's no liquid water or wind on the moon - Only thing that could have eroded anything would have to be space debris hitting the moon or solarwinds

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sorry but I really don't see what you are seeing at all.

I do agree with you about the release of images though. Where are they? How many pictures do you think LRO takes in a 24 hour period? And how many have been released? I don't think anyone belives that LRO takes less than one picture a day so the question is where are all the pictures!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

3. ?

4. Am I missing something?

5. A little to the right of the "face" is a circle with a point at the top. It looks like an upside down ice cream cone. Probably natural though, just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jubjub
Eh... Eroded? By what?
There's no liquid water or wind on the moon - Only thing that could have eroded anything would have to be space debris hitting the moon or solarwinds

Once there was water on the Moon, but after complete destruction of its surface, it gone. From where else it came?

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
I do agree with you about the release of images though. Where are they? How many pictures do you think LRO takes in a 24 hour period? And how many have been released? I don't think anyone belives that LRO takes less than one picture a day so the question is where are all the pictures!!!

And you probably noticed that they release mostly nearside images... Well, I think that's because the farside is teaming with artificial traces.
You can't find RAW data at Planetary Data System, like in the case of MRO or other missions.

P.S. Stay tuned, I will add another face-like images from Clementine tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Forget "hundreds of thousands of years old" -- that's nothing. There are geologic structures on the Moon that have remained unchanged for BILLIONS of years. They are unchanged because there is no erosion on the Moon, nor has there been erosion since the Moon completed its formation over 4 billion years ago.

Once there was water on the Moon, but after complete destruction of its surface, it gone. From where else it came?

There are traces of water on the Moon today (perhaps from comet impacts?), but what information do you have that the Moon once had enough water to drive processes such as erosion? I never saw such information.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

join