It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Don't Make US Presidents Like They Used To

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Just a catchy title to get your attention. Take it easy, broys.

For historical - NOT CONSPIRATORY NOR POLITICAL AND ALSO NOT RELIGIOUS - learning only: was George W. Bush a mason?

21. Inauguration staff. George W. Bush had hoped to use the Masonic Bible that had been used both by George Washington in 1789, and by the President's father, George H. W. Bush, in 1989. This historic Bible had been transported, under guard, from New York to Washington for the inauguration but, due to inclement weather, a family Bible was substituted instead.

memory.loc.gov...

[edit on 6-10-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Perhaps he just wanted to use a bible with historic significance, such as the one the 1st President, as well as his father used? Seems a lot more plausible to me, than him being a Mason.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Skull and Bones, Bohemian Grove, Freemasons, its all the same, only the names change.

To say for a fact he was a masonic member attending lodges, i cannot say. but i can say, well he can say too, that he is in skull and bones. which has members of both masonic and Bohemian Grove.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

from all I know, he is not a mason nor was he ever. His father also was not a mason. The last president who was a mason is Gerald Ford. Barrack Obama is also not a mason, prince hall or otherwise. The masonic bible used by George Washington is on display at the house of temple in Washington DC, and can be viewed by anyone.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil
Just a catchy title to get your attention. Take it easy, broys.

For historical - NOT CONSPIRATORY NOR POLITICAL AND ALSO NOT RELIGIOUS - learning only: was George W. Bush a mason?

21. Inauguration staff. George W. Bush had hoped to use the Masonic Bible that had been used both by George Washington in 1789, and by the President's father, George H. W. Bush, in 1989. This historic Bible had been transported, under guard, from New York to Washington for the inauguration but, due to inclement weather, a family Bible was substituted instead.

memory.loc.gov...

It seems that you didn't study history real well as the first President George Washington was a Mason, so may I ask about the conspiracy now? It his going to a another baby eating topic or burning someone at the stake in the name love!

Tru

[edit on 6-10-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
The masonic bible used by George Washington is on display at the house of temple in Washington DC, and can be viewed by anyone.

For further clarification the George Washington Bible is owned by Saint John's Lodge #1 in New York City. I had the occasion to see it there and also at Federal Hall on Wall Street.

To answer the Original Poster; George W. Bush requested the Bible but once it arrived via Amtrak Acela and its handlers saw that the forecast called for rain he was required to substitue another bible. However, his father was the last President to be sworn in with the Washington Bible.

top topics

join