It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Gravity felt stronger to you recently?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I know it sounds strange, but I am convinced that something has shifted recently in the past 3 weeks (Nibiru coming closer? Solar Flares?) and Gravity feels much stronger to me, and a fellow ATS Member friend of mine. Which is why I thought I would start this thread.

My friend and I are both empaths and very sensitive to our surroundings, so I would not be surprised if the majority of people reading this havent felt it. But gravity has been pulling so strongly on me that sometimes I literally feel as If im being magnetically pulled closer to the ground. In the past few days, gravity has been getting stronger and at night time when my body is most tired, I am finding myself struggling with my footsteps and relation towards the ground because of the pull of gravity- which, I have NEVER experienced before.

I think it is something remarkable to discuss, and I am hoping that others may have felt what Im feeling too!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Do you feel it has threw your balance off to a degree? If it has, please let me know, and we can compair notes on it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
No. Besides, there are many hobbies and careers where the persons would notice instantly if gravity was noticeably stronger.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Could be ... I thought i was just getting older . A bit harder to walk , balance etc. Also there where like 6 guys at work with back problems all in the run of a few weeks which seemed a bit odd to me , who knows....

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well in the past three weeks I have developed a pinched Sciatic nerve on the right leg. So it makes me a bit of a poor judge since kittens seem significantly stronger to me right now, and picking something off the floor is now a task. So I might mot be the best judge of gravity right now.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn

My friend and I are both empaths and very sensitive to our surroundings, so I would not be surprised if the majority of people reading this havent felt it. But gravity has been pulling so strongly on me that sometimes I literally feel as If im being magnetically pulled closer to the ground. In the past few days, gravity has been getting stronger and at night time when my body is most tired, I am finding myself struggling with my footsteps and relation towards the ground because of the pull of gravity- which, I have NEVER experienced before.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by xynephadyn]

Perhaps it isn't gravity itself you and your empathic friend are experiencing. Could it be an accumulation of emotions that seems to weigh heavily on you both? The emotional weight of the world, so to speak? Maybe your perceptions are right on target but instead of the physical force of gravity changing, it could be the collective weight of a (perceived) doomed society pulling you physically down.

At any rate, that is what I've been intuiting over the past few weeks. An ephemeral "weight" that most people I encounter project outward onto the world that physically affects my body.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If gravity is getting stronger that would mean that earth is producing more energy into the atmosphere then usual. And that can be monitored by measuring temperatures in the atmosphere. Earths surface and atmosphere is getting warmer "Global worming". But i dont know if we actually can feel the changes on our bodies suddenly, because the changes are very small each year.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Totally felt it getting stronger. I must admit, I'm putting on the mandatory 15 lbs of winter weight. Odd, gravity feels about 15 lbs stronger

here:Gravitation
Main article: Gravitation
Gravitation is by far the weakest of the four interactions. Hence it is always ignored when doing particle physics. The weakness of gravity can easily be demonstrated by suspending a pin using a simple magnet (such as a refrigerator magnet). The magnet is able to hold the pin against the gravitational pull of the entire earth.
Yet gravity is is very important for macroscopic objects and over macroscopic distances for the following reasons. Gravitational force:
Is the only interaction that acts on all particles having mass;
Has an infinite range, like the electromagnetic force but unlike the strong and weak forces;
Cannot be absorbed or transformed or shielded against;
Always attracts and never repulses.
Even though electromagnetism is far far stronger than gravitation, electrostatic attraction is not relevant for large celestial bodies, such as planets, stars, and galaxies, simply because such bodies contain equal numbers of protons and electrons and so have a net electric charge of zero. Also, nothing "cancels" gravity, (debatable, considering that gravitons aren't as of yet an agreed upon....) since it is only attractive, unlike electric forces which can be attractive or repulsive. There are elementary particles, such as neutrons and neutrinos, lacking electrostatic charge. On the other hand, all objects having mass are subject to the gravitational force, which only attracts. The upshot is that only gravitation matters for the large scale structure of the universe.
The long range of gravity makes it responsible for such large-scale phenomena as the structure of galaxies, black holes, and the expansion of the universe. Gravity also explains astronomical phenomena on more modest scales, such as planetary orbits, as well as everyday experience: objects fall; heavy objects act as if they were glued to the ground; animals and humans can jump only so high.
Gravitation was the first interaction to be described mathematically. In ancient times, Aristotle theorized that objects of different masses fall at different rates. During the Scientific Revolution, Galileo Galilei experimentally determined that this was not the case — neglecting the friction due to air resistance, all objects accelerate toward the Earth at the same rate. Isaac Newton's law of Universal Gravitation (1687) was a good approximation to the behaviour of gravity. Our present-day understanding of gravity stems from Albert Einstein's General Theory of Relativity of 1915, a more accurate (especially for cosmological masses and distances) description of gravity in terms of the geometry of space-time.
Merging general relativity and quantum mechanics into a more general theory of quantum gravity is an area of active research. It is hypothesized that in a theory of quantum gravity, the gravitational force would be mediated by a hypothetical massless spin-2 particle called the graviton. Gravitons have yet to be observed.
Although general relativity has been experimentally confirmed on all but the smallest scales, there are rival theories of gravity. Those taken seriously by the physics community all reduce to general relativity in some limit, and the focus of observational work is to establish limitations on what deviations from general relativity are possible.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I haven't noticed any change in gravitational pull lately, but then it's a weak force that I'm scarcely aware of (unless I'm falling ha!)

I've noticed and recorded a longer-sustained summer for us down here in the tropics, and more particles in the air, but nothing more.

I don't know if it would be of any benefit, but you might look at GoogleEarth/maps or the MISR browsing tool for your area using the 'satellite' feature and see if there are any indication of gravity waves in your area.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It has felt allot stronger for sure. I am now 35lbs overweight and a year older.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The older I get ... the stronger gravity feels.
So yes, gravity has felt stronger to me recently. By the time I get to 60 (if I live that long), I'll probably feel like I'm walking on Jupiter or something.

Just for fun - Your weight on other worlds

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh dear.. i need a machine to pull me around on other planets.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
September 3, 2009 - member Antar posted this on my Timewave thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The phrase that came to her out of the blue was 'Timewave Gravity Shift.' The phrase has intrigued me since, and now after reading your new thread it has me perplexed.

Yes, I feel it too - like a weight on me.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
lol i thought it was getting weaker as the weights at gym are getting lighter... or so i thought

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This is a very low quality thread containing no solid, new information, or scientific measurements of from the OP.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This could also co-incide as to why NASA have recently sent a spacecraft up into space to measure Gravity anomalies on Earth.

you could argue that people such as Athletes would notice the difference, but if the difference has been gradual then these people would be getting better at their game and wouldnt be noticing the overall difference anyway (to them it'd just be the same game but they'd assume it'd be getting harder because of old age or career injury.)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I was at a science Chicago event recently with my niece and nephew, and objects were still accelerating to the earth at 9.8m/s^2.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm not sure what the hell to put it down to but I've been feeling kinda like this aswell.. not noticing it all the time though. Just seem to go down harder when I'm gettin in bed or sitting down. Exercise (push ups) also seem to be harder like I feel heavier but I watch my weight and I'm only 21 so its not age!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I wish I could blame gravity for that heavy feeling. For me it just the extra weight gain.
Burn off the pounds and you'll feel fine.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Yes that is exactly what I was feeling-- I knew I wasnt the only one!
I have been aware of the up and coming shift since the early 90's.
I am going to read all of your threads today to get myself up to speed

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join