It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sins, Karma & Heaven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I often wonder If i'm doing the right thing with my life. I sometimes think and wonder if just because i`m not doing anything bad with my life, am i doing anything great with itÉ I'm trying to find an importance and reassurance. I'm practicing eliminating the feeling of needing to complete goals and practicing just being a being. I believe eventually there is a place for all negativity and a place for all positivity, A heaven and hell. A place where you are rewarded and punished. I also believe in karma and that you a rewarded shortly after or punished shortly after an action with the intent of good or bad, I sometimes think that heaven and hell just exist in the mind and you can live heaven on earth. I also contemplate not being allowed into either destination and i often wonder if i was in either place how i would know for sure i was there. If a being came up to me and said i was in heaven, how would i be sure? We all need to make decisions with the information we are given. I realize that my beliefs are often polar opposites. I also wonder if i'll ever die, and when if i do that i'm not just reincarnated into a body and universe where I have a memory of living threw the previous day that i died.

thoughts?

[edit on 6-10-2009 by hautmess]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
I often wonder If i'm doing the right thing with my life. I sometimes think and wonder if just because i`m not doing anything bad with my life, am i doing anything great with itÉ I'm trying to find an importance and reassurance. I'm practicing eliminating the feeling of needing to complete goals and practicing just being a being. I believe eventually there is a place for all negativity and a place for all positivity, A heaven and hell. A place where you are rewarded and punished. I also believe in karma and that you a rewarded shortly after or punished shortly after an action with the intent of good or bad, I sometimes think that heaven and hell just exist in the mind and you can live heaven on earth. I also contemplate not being allowed into either destination and i often wonder if i was in either place how i would know for sure i was there. If a being came up to me and said i was in heaven, how would i be sure? We all need to make decisions with the information we are given. I realize that my beliefs are often polar opposites. I also wonder if i'll ever die, and when if i do that i'm not just reincarnated into a body and universe where I have a memory of living threw the previous day that i died.

thoughts?

Hows it going?

You sound awfully confused with what to believe and thats pretty normal these days with so many different options bombarded at everyone.

It took me over a decade to make my choice, I spent a long time burying my head in conspiracies trying to find out truth.

Surprisingly for some and not so for others it led me to Jesus Christ.

Everything that is going on is in the bible.

As for karma or being good and bad. Nobody on this earth is perfect, even science will tell you that and that is why Jesus died for everyones sins. Of course theres more explanations than that but im just mentioning something that can be rather touchy with people these days when it comes to speaking about it.

I do think that belief is a choice that you have to make on your own, drawing from others is not a bad thing though but you have to be careful what you believe, like anything in life.

Just my opinion that some might agree with or not.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I havent researched many religions but i do know id prefer to not label my beliefs as one. But i've been told that my beliefs are most similar to Buddhist . I'm just sure that there is a greater good. i've got that far.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It's very normal to have doubts and questions, particularly at this time. There is a lot going on and we do feel it, no matter if you think you don't, the fact is everyone is feeling it in their own way.

What we are meant to be doing now is finding Equanimity. Seeing what is occuring all around us and not allowing any of it to effect us. It's about finding and maintaining a balance in your life, and it comes in its own time depending on how much effort you put it.

About to upset the Believers now....

Jesus dying for our sins is an untruth!! It is an addition of Saul, who became Paul and who wrested control of the fledgling church from Jesus's brother. From that point on the truths Jesus spoke of about Gnosis and our Abilities was covered/hidden in order to gain control of the masses by telling them what to believe. And so it has been extremely succesful for all these years.

No offence intended.

It is now time for us to move through stagnant, controlling Beliefs to find a real, direct and personal connection with the Divine, exactly where Jesus said it would be, Within Us.

Understanding this lets us know why the control mechanisms were brought to bear. If all people came to know the real power and divine connection within themselves, then the hierarchy instilling the Beliefs would no longer have a place and would lose all their power. Thus they could not and still try not to allow us to Awaken.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Jesus dying for our sins is an untruth!! It is an addition of Saul, who became Paul and who wrested control of the fledgling church from Jesus's brother. From that point on the truths Jesus spoke of about Gnosis and our Abilities was covered/hidden in order to gain control of the masses by telling them what to believe. And so it has been extremely succesful for all these years.

Thats why i find it hard to pick up any book on a religion jsut because of the fact that it has been re written and read and re written again over whatever years. Either way I believe love is the answer.

new topics

top topics

join