It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone watchingThe Full Moon tonight? - October 4th

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
We've been sitting under the stars all night looking at the insanely illuminated moon. It is beyond words gorgeous. It was giving a VERY intense energy. I have never seen anything like before. Anyone else see it? Got pictures? I only had my dinky iPhone camera. I'll post pictures (albeit, crappy) when I get to a PC. Thanks for reading! I am fascinated to hear your comments.

Peace.

**edit to correct grammar**

[edit on 4-10-2009 by jar11]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Are you kidding?

I jumped up out of bed because I thought a police helicopter was shinning a spot light through my bedroom window.

Seriously.

Goodness, that was a VERY bright moon.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I just hope I've been spared severe retinal damage.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up jar11, Almost forgot about the basic beautiful things in life and for free too.. Memo to me, Dig out camera and binoculars, being a bit of a sufferer of Seasonal changes this might lift my mood, Well it already has lol thanks..

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Yes last night was a special moon.

HARVEST MOON: Tonight's full Moon has a special name--the Harvest Moon. It's the full moon closest to the northern autumnal equinox (Sept. 22). In years past, farmers depended on the light of the Harvest Moon to gather ripening crops late into the night. Electric lights have since replaced it, but the Moon could still do the job if called upon:

From spaceweather.com...

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Loved your explanation of the name, Mars.
(I kept forgetting why it's called like that!)

May I reward you - and the OP - with a link to "Harvest Moon", by one of my favourite painters, Samuel Palmer?

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Nice pic the moon was beautiful last night the field was lit up when i was walking the dog just a stunning sight.

THANKYOU

[edit on 063131p://2009-10-04T06:44:10-05:000410 by mars1]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Oh the moon last night was b-e-a-utiful!

I was out at about 1am, being amazed by the brightness and the shadows it was casting

The sweetest part was that the moon had a giant halo around it, just a huge clear spot in the sky with the moon slap bang in the middle of it..

I must have stayed out a good few hours, just entranced..(am I a werewolf? Maybe that's for another thread
) Pretty cold though!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Enjoy it while you can!!!!

I'm just stoked about the "Blowing up the Moon" party this Friday...

5 more days...!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

There is nothing quite like a moonlit night, is there?

Lucky you.
I heard from a couple of friends in the USA today: they also had a STUNNING sight.

I saw it from the outskirts of the Venetian lagoon.
It was nice, of course, but with a foggy halo all around it. A slightly depressing sight, to be honest, and certainly nothing as spectacular as what you are describing.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
where are u guys at? im in sydney and unfortunately there has been nothing but rain the last 2 days....we need it , but we miss out on a spectactular veiw of the moon. I look at it every night its there, 10 minutes at least. cool

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SelenesDemise
Enjoy it while you can!!!!

I'm just stoked about the "Blowing up the Moon" party this Friday...

5 more days...!!!

What is the "Blowing up the Moon" party?
Sounds alarming.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Do not be alarmed i too thought they were going to bomb the moon but after some discussion on this site i changed my mind on that.

A Nasa spacecraft will deliberately crash into the Moon next week on a mission that could enhance the prospects of establishing a manned lunar base.

From www.timesonline.co.uk...
Will not see it from UK so i will be glued to ATS for my news on this.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Has anyone notice other than me and a few others how clear our skies have been over the past week..............uuuhhhh no trails..........I will leave it at that!!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Now i go and get my guitar and do my rendition

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Love that song....
Yes I was out about 5 hours ago at 6pm and it was the most brightest, yellow moon I recall seeing. usually it's more white. I put it down to dust residue from the dust storms, but it was still so bright. I didn't get a pic cos one child was demanding attention and didn't tune into the energy either for the same reason.
Now it's decided to cloud over and rain so I miss out.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Has anyone notice other than me and a few others how clear our skies have been over the past week..............uuuhhhh no trails..........I will leave it at that!!

I haven't noticed any difference. Where I live, there have been a few days in the past couple of weeks that the weather had been conducive to contrails...and I have seen contrails (both the quickly dissipating type and the persistent type -- depending on the weather conditions).

I specifically remember this because I was watching a couple of sunsets in the past few weeks (as I often like to do) and noticed the jetliners making sun-lit orange contrails.

...but back on topic -- The nearly full Moon was as beautiful as ever last night.

[edit on 10/4/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Speaking of the moon, 5 days from now on Oct 9th a little bit after 4am EST NASA will be bombing the moon, if you have a clear night/morning and a small telescope you should be able to see the debris cloud from the impact around the lunar south pole.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I was up all night and could see the moon shining all over the place casting shadows. I was also in the moonlight for quite some time. I am happy to report that I did not get moonburned.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Hehehe I found that so funny...

Sorry..

<<   2  3 >>

join