It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faery or trick of the camera ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I have resized this picture and cropped it in order to make it fit (and to save space). According to the photgrapher, it contains a Faery.

It does appear similar to some of the Faeries in the Fairy Tale movie (like a flying mermaid - see link).

So - is it real ?

We live on an acre with lots of flowers and trees. My oldest daughter had built a Faery house out of sticks, stones, broken glass for windows, acorn shells for dishes a coconut bath tub. Trying to attract the Faeries ...

This photo (below) was taken on 1-1-01 in our yard in Simi Valley. Some neighborhood girls joined my three daughter in a whip cream fight in our yard. The batteries in my Ricoh camera were low which caused slow shutter speed. This is what gave this effect to the photo. When the film came back my daughter noticed that I caught the Faery on film.

See the whole page here

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
ummmmmm......i'd have to say fake......
aren't we a little too old to believe in fairies. (sry to all those who dreamed of going to Neverland with the help of Tinkerbell. i just crushed ur dreams
i love it when i do that)

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
ummmmmm......i'd have to say fake......
aren't we a little too old to believe in fairies. (sry to all those who dreamed of going to Neverland with the help of Tinkerbell. i just crushed ur dreams
i love it when i do that)

All legends have their basis in fact. I have never seen a faery, but do not dismiss those who say that they have. Neither do I dismiss the possibility of their existance. Just because I have't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It does look like one, but why does the woman, with the can, look like its her reflection that was being photographed? I know she says the batteries were low, but it looks like she took her picture in the reflection of a window. That being said, it could be a trick of the light that made that.

Also, her daughter built a fairy home. So they are kind of looking for faeries, ya know?

As for Silqs comments, it is not popular to believe in faeries I know. And personally, if asked, I would have to say that faeries do not exist. But I am open to the idea, I would love it if they were real. I for one do believe there is magic in life.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't believe the photo is authentic. But then again I never believed in fairies.

It looks like the woman in the photo is attempting to spray the fairy with bug spray.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
camera trick
it almost looks like its a flame of some sort

and is that a budwiser?

[Edited on 5-16-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
that's a can of whipped cream, look at the nozzle. I'd have to say it's an interesting photo, but I wonder if someone put it together with photoshop. maybe this is simi valley's version of tinkerbell.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I guess it depends on the camera, but when the batteries are low in the camera that I use, they just don't work at all. As for photo shop, it could be done. I think the picture is real, it was just over exposed or double exposed or something to that extent.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hmmmm.... first thoughts. If the shudder speed was slowed down, shouldn't we see more "movement blur" around it's wings? I'm thinking maybe the wings on the left look a little too perfect for a slow shutter speed?

What's the little, glowing red/pink rod in the lower left of the photo?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
okay you fraud
the fairy picture is a scene from peter pan

grow up

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hollywoodmike
okay you fraud... grow up

Hey, nice to meet you too hwm!!
Welcome to ATS - I'm sure you will find it interesting.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollywoodmike
okay you fraud
the fairy picture is a scene from peter pan

grow up

I assume you are aiming that at me, since I started the thread.

Firstly, I didn't create it - I found it on the coast to coast website. It is nothing to do with Peter Pan - Its a live photo taken with a faulty camera.

It contains something weird that the photographer believes is a faery. At no point did I say it was one.

Just because I have never seen a faery, it does not mean that they don't exist. Many other people have stated that they have seen such entities. Are they all wrong ?

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Interesting picture! Thanks, Pisky.

Distorted pictures aren't always a sign of camera malfunction, at least not because of the camera itself. Several of my digital pictures look similar to the faery pic, but I believe mine were caused by ghosts. Perhaps their energy creates interference?! I certainly think it's possible, even with these faerie things.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It is clearly a malevolent hamster ghost trying to go for the jugular.
Or else it could be a belch of smoke ?

Chi

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You people believe in aliens and conspiracies, but you won't open your minds to the possible existence of the Fae? Let me tell you--I've had more 'close encounters' with Faeries than I have with aliens or the government. You people need to get yourself a copy of the book The Fairies: Photographic Evidence of the Existence of Another World! Please give the idea a chance. This isn't Peter Pan "Tinker Bells" we're talking about. The Fae can be nasty little buggers. Also, read the book Tithe: A Modern Fairy Tale. It may be fiction, but it's a very good example of the Fae attitude.
OK, so maybe you're not here for aliens or conspiracies. You may be here for LOADS of other things. But you're here for SOME sort of alternative topic, and I'm betting you fully believe in THAT.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Firstly, I didn't create it - I found it on the coast to coast website.

Ah, isnt that just a great radio show. George just makes my day, listen to it whenever I can. Im surprised that I get it up to here nightly on MOJO radio in Canada

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chi
This isn't Peter Pan "Tinker Bells" we're talking about. The Fae can be nasty little buggers.

Very true, Chi. Even the pixies are known to take revenge in particularly nasty ways if they are ever slighted. Its not nice to get pixyled in a boggy moorland at night.

Does anyone know if SilQ is on global ignore ?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Does anyone know if SilQ is on global ignore ?

Yes he is...

And the Fairy looks computer generated...looks quite a bit like the Fairy that was on the new Geforce 6 8600s. Maybe a clip from nVidias sample movie they released for promotion?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
That pic kinda looks fake to me, even just looking at he person in it. But... there were somepics of shadow men on another thread that freaked me out....and they looked real...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
So - is it real ?

...or is it Photoshop?

C'mon now...seriously?

The person who contributed the "photo" to C2C also said:

I work in the photo business but, did not alter this photo in any way. I have the negative. Feel free to E-mail about photo.

Suuuuuure you didn't. Negatives can be manipulated, though I bet your neg is sans faery. This appears to be at least three, probably more, photos layered onto each other. The "faery" appears to be a painting or litho, and the (apparently posed) woman seems to bear no relationship to the two cans (didn't know faeries were into that sort of thing, but I'm not going to judge!). It's clear that she's not actually holding either can. Showed it to my wife, who does a lot of this sort of thing with Photoshop and said she thinks it's probably six different pictures, layered rather sloppily.

Re-reading the poster's blurb, it seems possible that this was a multiple-exposure picture, which would explain why it looks like several different pictures slapped together. But the faery can only have been introduced via Photoshop or another, similar editing program.

Originally posted by PiskyJust because I have never seen a faery, it does not mean that they don't exist. Many other people have stated that they have seen such entities. Are they all wrong?

Of course not. My first girlfriend told me once about a time when she was young. She looked out her bedroom window and saw several very small people playing in the yard. I have no reason to doubt her-she was always very sensitive, and there's little doubt in my mind that she saw what she saw.

But I'm not going too far out on a limb here in saying that this is a simple photoshop hack.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join