It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Events - Connected, or coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So, all of these events lately - typhoons, earthquakes, gale force winds in the UK etc.

Do we think they're connected, is something big happening?

Or is it just coincidence/ the time of the year for it?

I'm interested to hear your theories.

KJ

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by suicide__x
So, all of these events lately - typhoons, earthquakes, gale force winds in the UK etc.

Do we think they're connected, is something big happening?

Or is it just coincidence/ the time of the year for it?

I'm interested to hear your theories.

KJ

Imho , the only thing which has substantially increased in frequency and intensity - is the actual reporting of such natural phenomenon .
What was once a few lines in a newspaper about some place on the other side of the world , is now graphically displayed in our living rooms.

Typhoons , Earthquakes, volcanoes ..... all have their own cycles/ rhythms and natural causes . With what was once a relatively localised tragedy, now beamed around the globe .
You see its effects here on ATS, we expect footage , even demand it .
This is our age ......and we wonder why people have greater anxieties ,we fret about events on the other side of the world , events we are powerless to control , yet compelled to watch.

If there is a connection , its that its all happening ~ Live ~ on planet Earth- in Hi Definition failing that ....... it will be on Youtube by the morning.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

You make a good point.

Nonetheless, do things like this happen so close together often, or is this unusual?

I don't know enough to have a proper opinion, but I'm still very interested in what other people think about things.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Typhoons are happening in the Pacific as its still their "season", the Typhoons being enhanced by El Nino. Gale-force winds happen in the UK althroughout Autumn/Winter so nothing different there. And Earthquakes in Pacific do occur in waves so also nothing out the ordinary.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Yes, thats the way i lean too. you can be given a feeling of disaster, simply by overreporting.

These evenbts occur since the creaton of Earth, so nothing unusual here.

Just plain fearmongering and schemes to make you buy aphrodisiac yoghurt or some # like that

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by suicide__x

Well, yes we have these natural things happening all time. Like stated, I think there is more reporting of the events happening.

But. There seems to be a lot more violence in the storms and weather we are experiencing now.

For all the dust that smothered Sydney, the BoM stated it was a tornado. In oz! Not unheard of here, but on the severe side of the extreme. Also there has been heaps of rain.

Something is up, don't know what.

new topics

top topics

join