It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama calls her trip to Copenhagen a sacrifice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

A great point and it is not one I considered before reading your previous post on the idea. I am now really hoping that that is the case! It seems pretty logical considering the state of affairs.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well, I'm glad you still love me.

My biggest fault with any President is they never, ever, represent the people who are supposed to have elected them, but then again when you have politicians in Washington D.C. who can be bought and sold as commodities through both liberal and conservative lobbying groups, special interest groups, and as well when elections can be bought easily like the 2000 election, you have to remember they do not give a damn about us really.

They just like to fake it like a hoax, just to give us the appearance that they care.

We need a kissy-face BB code.

~blows kisses at BH~

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Here's the text:

Michelle's Speech

It does something to a kid when they can feel that energy and power up close and personal. And for some kids in our communities and our city, around the nation, around the world, they can never dream of being that close to such power and opportunity. So that’s what excites me most about bringing the Games to Chicago – the impact that it can have on the lives of our young people, and on our entire community.

And I know that’s what all of you have been working for for these past few months. As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the President to come for these few days, so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home, and you have put together a phenomenal set of ideas that, no matter what the outcome is, we should be proud of as a city. (Applause.)

So, she was actually honoring the sacrifice made by the people who had worked on this bid for months.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

She may have been honoring their sacrifice, but she also tried to implied that she and Obama and Oprah made a sacrifice, which is a complete joke. Also a waste of taxpayer money.

Her comment is not a hoax.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's the bandwagon jumpers and people who believe this and will still defend it that I take issue with.

Originally posted by Riposte
She may have been honoring their sacrifice, but she also tried to implied that she and Obama and Oprah made a sacrifice, which is a complete joke.

Yeah, this is the part I don't get. The facts and text of the speech are right there for all to see in black and white English. And yet people will defend that she "implied" that she made a sacrifice. Even though it says right in the text that THE PEOPLE say it's a sacrifice.

:shk: Sometimes I think those who say this country is lost are right... :shk:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

This is what I overheard on the news. I found the video. He shows the actual statement made and then launches into theatrics. It's in the first minute. The rest of what he says cannot be believed from there on out.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by pavil

She seems to have a very large ego. A bit like Kanye West. (Seriously, this is the first thing that comes to mind)

you're just saying that because they're both black! *sarcasm*

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Actually, you do have the right. Its called free speech, and it is protected by the Constitution.

No, not here he doesn't. This is a private venue.....

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
. . .

Did you read what I said about the bid for the Olympics may be a pretext to have lost the bid in order to get them pushed to Brazil?

The mass media created out of milk cartons logic, easily emptied, folded, and recycled do not want us citizens to really know what's going on anywhere.

I am seeing war everywhere I look because of the signs.

Can you please expand on that?

I am not grasping what you are trying to say.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
. . .

Did you read what I said about the bid for the Olympics may be a pretext to have lost the bid in order to get them pushed to Brazil?

The mass media created out of milk cartons logic, easily emptied, folded, and recycled do not want us citizens to really know what's going on anywhere.

I am seeing war everywhere I look because of the signs.

Can you please expand on that?

I am not grasping what you are trying to say.

Which part are you asking for clarification on?

The Olympics bid being a farce to lose it on purpose?

I can see how our President as well as the war machine, the military industrial complex, if you will, the Pentagon and Department of Defense, want to get a better look in our backyard neighbors yard, instead of spying via satellite and conjecture of HUMINT, or intelligence gathering via Human Intelligence, spies, by having a reason to be a lot closer, with a lot more physical presence there on the ground with a valid reason to be shipping in people on a constant basis under the pretext of building up for the 2016 Olympics.

I have to assume this was the particular part you were asking for clarification on.

If it was incorrect, clarify your questions, and I will redirect.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join