Michelle Obama calls her trip to Copenhagen a sacrifice

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yes, I would have to agree. Traveling to Copenhagen on a jet with Oprah has got to be tough. I mean I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say, "Thank you for your brave sacrifice Michelle. We don't know how to repay you."

It’s a “sacrifice,” said Michelle Obama in her speech in Copenhagen today. She was talking about traveling across the world to Denmark on the taxpayers’ dime with her friend Oprah Winfrey-just to pitch the Chicago Summer 2016 Olympics. But, just what does sacrifice mean to the Obama’s? Many Americans are offended by Mrs. Obama’s use of the word, “sacrifice.” One blogger on the Washington Examiner’s Web site stated, “Sacrifice is giving the food off your plate to your children. Sacrifice is working 36 hr. in a row in a hospital that is short staffed. Sacrifice is giving your life for your country.” Another blogger writes, “What about the real sacrifice our sons and daughters are making in Afghanistan?” Michelle compared this trip to the 2008 Iowa Caucus, which gave President Obama his first victory. "Barack and I have looked at this -- this is like a campaign. Just like Iowa. The international community may not understand that, but Iowa is like a caucus, and you can't take any vote for granted. Nobody makes the decision until they're sitting there."

www.examiner.com...

Heres Oprah's take on the whole ordeal that they suffered.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by jackflap]

[edit on 2-10-2009 by jackflap]

mod edit: removed [hoax] from the title.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It was a horrible choice of words by Michelle Obama. I am sure she regrets it, but it does give one an insight into how she perceives herself. The Obama's shot of good amount of capital trying to get the Hosting of the Games.

Personally I think Rio was a excellent choice and I was surprised Madrid made it to the finals, they just had the 92 Games in Spain.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
President Obama should keep her away from the cameras. Seems like she always says something she later regrets.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If that is her idea of Sacrifice then I shudder to think how they indulge. I can only imagine something along the lines of all seven deadly sins being entertained at the same time. Something that a catholic priest might be ashamed of....

Unreal...

Sacrifice indeed.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

She seems to have a very large ego. A bit like Kanye West. (Seriously, this is the first thing that comes to mind)

Yeah, such a great sacrifice, going to visit another country all expenses paid to try to get the olympics to come to your home town.

You know, I'm willing to make some sacrifices. Sign me up, I'll sacrifice the night away.

Also, shouldn't the citizens of Denmark be upset that the first lady considers traveling to their country to be a sacrifice, and not an honor?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would sacrifice that much to help my country....

Sign me up!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I agree Rio is an excellent choice.
I also agree that [Michelle] Obama should be kept off camera since she cant seem to keep her damned hoof out of her mouth. And what the hell is Oprah doing there? like anyone gives a rat's ass what she thinks?

What a joke. I am glad the whole thing was flubbed.

One failure after another for our Impotent Dictator.
We've become a laughing stock.

Mod Note: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

That was just about as stupid a thing of her to say as Bush was sacrificing eating pie in order to show his "sacrifice" to the young men and women over in Iraq.

I am sorry, stupid is as stupid does, Michelle.

To sacrifice is to actually give of yourself, something that you worked hard to achieve.

Last time I checked a plane ride to Copenhagen on a billion dollar plane, was not a sacrifice.

My God, Michelle, the next thing you will have to sacrifice will be the White House China dishes by eating instead on Tiffany dining plates.

Conservatives Revel In Obama's Olympic Bid Failure

[edit on 2-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Critical_Mass
I agree Rio is an excellent choice.
I also agree that [Mrs. Obama] should be kept off camera since she cant seem to keep her damned hoof out of her mouth. And what the hell is Oprah doing there? like anyone gives a rat's ass what she thinks?

What a joke. I am glad the whole thing was flubbed.

One failure after another for our Impotent Dictator.
We've become a laughing stock.

One of the MOST ignorant and offensive posts that I've encountered, even on THIS site.

Are you a racist, or just stupid..? *snip*

It's people JUST LIKE YOU, that makes all right-wingers look like fools and idiots.

What she said was fairly foolish, poor choice of words to say the least, but, regardless of what I think about what she said, you never have the right to personally attack someone with school-yard, juvenile insults. Grow up.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by uaocteaou]

mod edit, to remove political trolling

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yes, it would seem that the whole ordeal has brought her to her wits end. I mean what else could they do for us? It must have been harrowing. I mean fly to Copenhagen and interact with human beings, I couldn't imagine it myself.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I just found an interview that she has done for the November issue of Prevention. In it she says something interesting about sacrifice. Check it out.

“I think my mother taught me what not to do. She put us first, always, sometimes to the detriment of herself. She encouraged me not to do that. She'd say being a good mother isn't all about sacrificing; it's really investing and putting yourself higher on your priority list. You can be a good mom and still work out, get your rest, have a career - or not. She encouraged me to find that balance.”

www.celebritybabyscoop.com...

Seems that now she has taken it to the next level.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Don't bother with anyone who plays the race card. They are usually very ignorant and not worth the time.

I have read many of his/her posts and he fits the category.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Let's take another look at ATS' policy on politics. Grow up children. If you have no respect for the person in question, please have some for the site.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Makes you wonder what else they have decided to sacrifice behind closed doors huh?
I'm glad she and her husband are here to teach us about sacrifice. I hope she enjoys her royal dinner tonight while discussing what constitutional right to sacrifice next.

Edit for grammar..

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

I just found an interview that she has done for the November issue of Prevention. In it she says something interesting about sacrifice. Check it out.

“I think my mother taught me what not to do. She put us first, always, sometimes to the detriment of herself. She encouraged me not to do that. She'd say being a good mother isn't all about sacrificing; it's really investing and putting yourself higher on your priority list. You can be a good mom and still work out, get your rest, have a career - or not. She encouraged me to find that balance.”

www.celebritybabyscoop.com...

Seems that now she has taken it to the next level.

That has to be one of the most selfish things to say about her mother.

Her mother obviously sacrificed a lot to do the things she did for Michelle and her siblings, and by the context of what she just said she stated what her mother said totally out of context.

A parent, while I am not one, sacrifices themselves for the betterment of their children.

Knowing the difference between sacrifice and selfishness, however, is like night and day.

I am proud of her mother, but Michelle obviously has zero concept of sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Excellent post my friend. If I could star it again I would. Check out another article I found.

Michelle Obama’s “Sacrifice”

Most normal Americans would consider it an honor to be flown to Europe, at taxpayer expense, and to be treated like Royalty upon arriving at one’s destination in Denmark. Having talk-show queen Oprah Winfrey along for “chit-chat” would make the trip a once-in-a-lifetime thrill for the average person. But for First Lady Michelle Obama, going to Copenhagen to sell Chicago as host city for the 2016 Olympics is all about sacrifice—for the children no less. As reported by the Washington Examiner, in part: “In her speech in Copenhagen today, First Lady Michelle Obama said her trip to Denmark, along with the travel of her ‘dear friend” and “chit-chat buddy’ Oprah Winfrey, as well as tomorrow’s visit by President Obama, is a ‘sacrifice’ on behalf of the children of Chicago and the United States. “ Mind you, there was no self-interest, no political grandstanding, and no ulterior motives involved. Unsullied altruism drove the FLOTUS to confront the world with only Oprah Winfrey and overly- active -thyroid 240 pounds to lean on.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Think about it. Oprah may be way cool, but even Winfrey cannot take the place of those 30 handmaidens, the private chefs, the five press secretaries, and untold numbers of czars that cater to Michelle’s every whim in the White House. Leaving all of that behind, even for a couple of days, to travel with an over-the-hill television personality with a weight problem is sacrifice of the highest calling!

This journalist is really ticked off. I had to add that last piece in here. It is from the same external link.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Wow, you've expressed exactly what I felt when I read it. Very well put my friend. She obviously has no idea of what real sacrifice is.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

No way this joker will last another term. Hopefully there will be enough of our country left to salvage afterwords.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
First off, your source is a blogger. Did I mention your "source" just makes stuff up out of thin air?

I challenge you to find the word sacrifice used even once in that speech (even in other contexts)!

I just finished watching the entire, unedited speech and I can tell you the premise of this thread is an outright lie! She doesn't use the word sacrifice once!

Moderator note: This thread is a [HOAX]

Unedited speech

[edit on 10/2/2009 by clay2 baraka]

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join