It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Allegedly Shows Gun After iPhone Trouble

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Man Allegedly Shows Gun After iPhone Trouble

www.wcpo.com

According court records, Donald Goodrich, 38, of Westwood, was frustrated his iPhone was not working properly.

He told the employee he was, "So mad, I could pop a 9mm at it."

The employee allegedly told Goodrich there was no need for that, then Goodrich allegedly told the employee, "I'll do it right now. Look!"

Goodrich then allegedly opened the right side of his shirt, displaying a black, 9mm handgun.

Goodrich had a concealed weapon permit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wcpo.com

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Let this be a lesson...

Do not ever threaten to shoot a machine! Even if it is malfunctioning. Your Robot Overlords don't like it when you do that!

Seriously, it doesn't matter how frustrated you get at a piece of tech, it's not worth going to jail for Aggravated Menacing, Causing Fear of Harm, and losing your Concealed Weapon Permit.

I'm all for CCW Permits, but maybe it might not be a bad idea to require an Anger Management Course once a year for those that are issued them.

Unfortunately, this will probably be used as yet another example why CCW Permit holders shouldn't be allowed to carry into private businesses.

www.wcpo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
HA HA, I find this funny for some reason. "My overpriced toy won't work so now I'm gonna shoot it."

Makes all gun advocates look bad cause we all know anti gun people are gonna jump all over this.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Instead of showing his gun like he did, I think he should have been like ok... walk outside, find somewhere semi close but some dirt so the bullet won't ricochet... then shot it, brought it back. "Yes I'd like a different phone this time, preferably one that won't make me so pissed I shoot it"

I'd recommend a samsung

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
That's pretty funny, I don't see why he should lose his concealed weapon license though, the deputy didn't know he had a gun ? That why the store called the cops in the first place.... its not like he threatened the clerk with the gun, or even actually shot the iphone.

I wish he had though that would have been an awesome youtube vid.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The employee told Goodrich she'd get his phone fixed and walked him over to a technician in the store, then told her manager, who called police.

so the employee wasn't actually very bothered by the guy but the manager felt he needed to cover his ass and call the police.

ahh, modern life.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
I wish he had though that would have been an awesome youtube vid.

There was a great one like that of a guy who wanted to make sure his data wasn't recoverable from his old hard-drives so he took all 12 of them and stacked them together horizontally and shot them repeatedly with a 50BMG Rifle. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

Every once in a while you'll see YouTube videos of people popping a few rounds at their failing technological devices in frustration and anger. Our parents used old bottles and cans. We now use old computers and iPods for target practice.

The thing that got me most about this news article, despite it actually being comical, was that he never drew his weapon. He never made a threat to the store employee. He made a joking threat to an inanimate object!!!

Think about how many times each of us have made a joking threat to an inanimate object?

So what if the employee didn't take it as a joke, and got scared? Sounds like the Apple Store employee needs to try Decaf. So what if he threatened an inanimate object? He didn't draw his gun and he didn't act upon his threat. It would be one thing if he had threatened a person, but should inanimate objects get that same legal protection against threat of injury or harm? (Well, they do when it is someone else's inanimate objects/legal property.)

I'm hoping the DA tosses this one out. The guy wasn't the wisest bloke in the world, but in his stupid anger he didn't do anything criminal.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
HA HA, I find this funny for some reason. "My overpriced toy won't work so now I'm gonna shoot it."

Makes all gun advocates look bad cause we all know anti gun people are gonna jump all over this.

Yeah, that's one of my biggest concerns about this too. With everyone exercising their Open Carry Laws and CCW Permits at every media event, it has the Anti-Gun people on edge. It is inevitable that they are going to use this as just another reason why we shouldn't have those laws protecting a Citizen's Right to Bear Arms.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It is illegal to flash your piece, even jokingly, when you have a CCW permit. Everyone who carries knows this. A weapon is not a prop to be used in idle conversation. This guy needs to have his permit revoked, and pay the penalty for breaking the law.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is the kind of person that does not need a CCW license. He sounds like a bragger that just wanted to show off his piece. He prob wanted to fulfill a childhood dream and be like Ice Cube in Boys in the Hood. "Look at my gun, ain't I cool"

Flashing your weapon like that will get you in a bad spot every time.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
story's like this just make me happy i live in Alaska, if someone walked into an At&t (or whatnot) and said *i am so mad at this bleeping phone i think i may shoot it* the employee would just laugh, and if they showed the gun (while still in holster) a simple, *dang, that's a nice one* would have been the only response.

it definitely wouldn't have made the news, but that's probably because we have something called the carry law here, Over 21, no felonies, you can carry a concealed weapon everywhere but banks, so people don't fear guns or one another.

no gangs, no violent crimes (outside of some D.V. but that's everywhere), no shootings, cops treat ya with some respect, and trite like this never makes the news.

i love my state.

edited spelling

[edit on 10/2/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
And so a stupid joke loses him his concealed carry permit.

He should have just given the female counter assistant some drugs and a glass of champagne before raping her, apparently the liberal media doesn't think that's such a big deal.

But show someone a GUN, oh my !!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

story's like this just make me happy i like in Alaska, if someone walked into an At&t (or whatnot) and said *i am so mad at this bleeping phone i think i may shoot it* the employee would just laugh, and if they showed the gun (while still in holster) a simple, *dang, that's a nice one* would have been the only response.

Thats funny, I could see that happening. "dang, that's a nice one"

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

when you see guns on a day to day basis, you become desensitized to them, since you don't see them as a weapon, more as a form of protection (or tool) since we have so many bears here (more then people) your somewhat foolish if you don't own at least one.

i guess us seeing someone wearing a gun (in a holster) is sorta like you seeing someone wearing a cell phone (in a holster) we just don't think anything of it, since its so common place.

but hey, i live in a far off land... lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Stupid, stupid stupid stupid x10.

They need to revoke his ccdw permantently. I don't know about charges or jail time or all that, but he needs to be stripped of his carry rights.

It's that exact type of behavior that feeds into the hands of those opposed to carry (concealed, general or otherwise).

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ha! What a loser! He has some demons to deal with.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Hooray! You've just won the prize for being the first person to turn this into a right vs. left issue.

Crimeny...

In all seriousness though. I don't think it's right for someone with a conceal permit to go around showing their piece to an unsuspecting after expressing that they would very much like to use it. I can see how that would be aggravated menacing.

Some might just say "nice one" but not everyone is comfortable with a gun (I'm all for gun rights but can't even be around an empty gun without being incredibly nervous). I would think that having a conceal permit means you have to...uh...keep it concealed. Unless you intend on using it in self defense and want to warn someone that you have it to get them to leave you alone. But not, "Hey man, I'm pissed off. I want to use my gun on this thing. See, see, I really do have one!"

That's not being very responsible in my ever so humble opinion.

edit: Oh and I'm privileged to be the first one to give the OP a flag. This a good issue to debate.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
"In a follow up to the story, the man was charged with destruction of personal property when he smashed his iphone into his gun, which had just misfired ..."

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

I don't even carry and I know this.

It's pretty funny though.

Yeah, he should lose CCW permit for at last 3 years, if not permanently.

Need to get rid of the morons carrying so they don't make the good people look bad.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I think you're exactly right. People like this who just want to show off their weapon give those who carry it for the right reasons a bad name and we all know how a few bad apples spoils the whole bunch in this country.

I agree that he should lose his permit for a period of time just to teach him a lesson, but not forever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join