It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago, Rio, Madrid, Tokyo- Who will get it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
There has been non-stop talk about the 2016 Olympics. (If 2012 is going to happen, isn't this all moot?) Most favour Chicago, Obama wouldn't be there if it wasn't already decided.

But my bet is on Madrid. Just a hunch. With unemployment at 17+% it could/would welcome a stimulus. I know there are more serious things going on in the world, but this could have repercussions.

Imagine IF Obama didn't sell Chicago, how would that look to an already weakened president (in the eyes of the world)?

My questions to ATS folk are these; Is it already decided? Was it decided before Obama went to Copenhagen? What is your guess/prediction for the 2016 Games?

I already stated mine. Madrid.

Is this going to be another black eye for Obama? Or is this going to be a lame victory for a president who has more on his plate than he can handle? Especially for a corrupt city like Chicago.

I'll report, you decide. . .

We'll know in 4 hours regardless, but wanted to bring this up. . .

Mike

[edit on 2-10-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm hoping for Rio. The atmosphere would be great for TV viewing. I kinda think Rio would be much nicer on my TV then on the street...but I wonder if that atmosphere would be good or bad for the athletes? More world record breakers or less?

I hope Chicago doesnt get it because I dont want to hear that crap for the next 7 years...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Rio would be nice too. Imagine the video clips from the beaches.

Chicago would be obnoxious.

As a former resident, the drive would be terrible. I'd have to leave town if they came there.

Thanks for posting.

new topics

join