It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dumb cops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
LOL...

I was watchin some real t.v. cops type of show and they caught a guy who decided he was to drunk to drive so he rode his lawn mower to the liquor store...I laughed my ass off...

yep its illegal folks to ride unathurized vehicles on the public streets...I know as I have myself been ticketed for riding a snowmobile on the street and I have had other friends ticketed for 4 wheeler and dirt bikes...

did you crossed the highway??lol your lucky you didnt get killed ..although I am in favor of riding lawnmowers everywhere possible

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think a ticket and fine was unfair for the first time. Handcuffs were way beyond, unless you mouthed off. Then, you asked for it. A lesson to learn right away with police, never never never argue with them if they are right and you know it and never never never under any circustances give them attitude. They can ruin your day, week, and year even.

It is often how the situation is approched when it comes to police officers. They do always deserve respect. They put thier lives on the line every day, and often give thier lives, in the persute of justice and public saftey.

In most situations, if you are respectful and straight forward you can often walk away with a warning for minor infractions. Especially when you are a kid.

On the other hand, some police are just mean, and bullyish. If you encounter one of them, don't say a word about it, just do what they say unless you KNOW for certain that it is against your rights. In a case like that, you state what you understand your rights to be, and if you are correct, they will tell you. A lot of people are not aware of what thier rights really are, and you do have a lot of rights. Unfortuantly, the way the world is right now, handcuffs could of been a nesccesity. If you live in a big city, it most likely was, and for thier saftey as well as your own. Usually, unless you give them attitude, the cuffs don't hurt.

Its often better to hang your head and say, I understand it was wrong. Pleading ignorace doesn't work most of the time.

I had to re edit this because I have run into a few police through out my days, and in most situations, I was in the wrong, and was able to admit it. And was able to walk away without a ticket.

My brothers on the other hand, were dumb, and often mouthed off, and more than once, were cuffed and thrown into the back of a car and whisked away to the local PD.

Humor, if in good taste, can often save you as well. If you can make a police officer laugh at the situation, you have a good chance of walking away.

But again, its all in how you approach the situation. The best thing to do in most situations, is go with the flow, not against it.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

XL5

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Next time, ride an old ppls scooter and claim a spaztic twitch or re-accuring groin pain. Mod it to give a little less then twice the speed and put a sound system on it, how could they ever do anything about that then. Can they do anything? I'd be amazed if they could.

A fine for just riding it is bad if its over 30-40$, but if its 80$ for crossing a main roadway agianst the light then its fair. Sure cops have to risk thier lives for the stupidest things but when a community goes bad, they don't patrol as night as much as they did before. They seem to only go after by-laws and seem not to care about things that will end with court dates and or alot of running.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Cheater, I think you got what you deserve. You are only 13 , that explains ALOT. If you drove it on the HIGHWAY you are the dumbest person I have seen yet...........

I think its dumb kid and not dumb cop. And I HATE cops.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Am I the only one here who thinks that Jordan needs to take some of the blame for this happening?

If he had not been so lazy, this would not have happened. You yourself said that you did not want to go to the beach house to get your bike. How far away was that beach house? For cryin' out loud it was less than two miles, you could have easily walked that.

This is the problem with the youth of today, they are too lazy to get anything done. Do people still wonder why the average weight for Americans is going up, along with obesity, etc?

I am not trying to insult Jordan, he is just representative of today's young people. They take the easy route whenever possible.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I agree, cool. He is a brat kid. I know for fact that he is into takeing the easy way out.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
man spittincobra ur just a jerk and a dang stalker you should be charged with virtual harrasment all you ever do is harras children.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think MachineGunJordans main problem is that the laws aren't being fairly applied evenly to everybody. He has stated several times that his senile elderly neighbor does the exact same thing and gets away with it.

Let's face it. Cops LOVE to pick on teenagers while they let the elderly get away with murder pretty much. There was an elderly woman in my town who drove into somebodies house a few years ago and came within an inch of the occupants childrens bunkbeds. The cops just cited her and apparently let her go on driving. If it had been a teenager you can BET his butt would have been nailed to the wall.

Maybe when the laws are evenly applied to EVERYONE we'll see more "respect for the law". But you don't just GET it without earning it.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
did i mention the old fart cant drive either he lost his liscense for running over a retarded kid

I see people are taking much respect to their elders who survived WW2, or lost loved ones during there time of existence.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

man spittincobra ur just a jerk and a dang stalker you should be charged with virtual harrasment all you ever do is harras children.

Just people who are stupid, and dont use common sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
I see people are taking much respect to their elders who survived WW2, or lost loved ones during there time of existence.

Again. I think MGJs main point is being missed here. Just because someone is elderly doesn't mean they should be able to get away with stuff that younger people cannot. It's favouritism by the police, plain and simple.

You don't just automatically gain respect by reason of longevity. You have to earn it the same as everybody else.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by KayEm]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i didnt say anything to the woman she just cuffed me and everything i would have just hopped in the back but she had to go off with handcuffs on me, and then in the car the woman was dancing to freak a leak unedited

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
I am not trying to insult Jordan, he is just representative of today's young people. They take the easy route whenever possible.

How stereotypical. What are you like, 80?? You sound like my grandpa complaining about kids. How do you know kids take the easiest route possible?? Do you go talk to alot of kids all the time??

This just reminds me of the quote "The older I get, the better I was." Get over yourself old man.

*Props to you jordan! Very creative way of gettin to the gas station.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
thank you!
ashley, and i rarely take the easy way outim responsible most of the time .

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashly
How stereotypical. What are you like, 80?? You sound like my grandpa complaining about kids. How do you know kids take the easiest route possible?? Do you go talk to alot of kids all the time??

Yes, and they are all like Jordan. I don't mean to sound like an old man, but that is how it came across. I just wanted to point out that if he had not been lazy, this never would have occurred. Would it have killed him to walk to the store before getting his sugar water? Apparently so, because that would have been too much work for him. God forbid that the youth of today have to suffer any inconvenience.

[Edited on 5/6/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

thank you!
ashley, and i rarely take the easy way outim responsible most of the time .

Except for when you break the laws about driving tractors on public roads.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the police went after you and not the elderly gentleman because he has a drivers license? Can you imagine what you would have been liable for if anything would have happened?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm quite glad that we have police officers protecting the community. Just think if we didn't I'd be running down all the damn kids riding lawnmowers down the road cause they don't have two legs to walk with.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
ok well first of all it wasnt to much work to walk i play basket ball for like 5 teams and am good just so u know and i had been playing lke for 5 hours before i went up there so i didnt feel like walking dang not to mention i had a bad ankle i was working on rehabilblahblah.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Oh is that all you did?
What, are you going to tell me its illegal to drive your lawnmower on public roads. I�ve never seen a road sign say �No Lawnmowers�.

The reason why there is no sign is cos noone has ever thought of doing such a thing i mean a road is for cars buses and motorbikes its common sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Am I the only one here who thinks that Jordan needs to take some of the blame for this happening?

If he had not been so lazy, this would not have happened. You yourself said that you did not want to go to the beach house to get your bike. How far away was that beach house? For cryin' out loud it was less than two miles, you could have easily walked that.

This is the problem with the youth of today, they are too lazy to get anything done. Do people still wonder why the average weight for Americans is going up, along with obesity, etc?

Agreed kids today feel a need to rebel against authority the police were doing there job he shouldnt be behind aany sort of wheel at the age of 13 its illegal for christ sake Jordan should have taken the blame fully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join