It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm about to turn 30 years old and all I want is for you to watch this video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If that doesn't uplift your spirit, then I don't know what does... I know many of you do not listen to the art form known as Hip Hop or Rap Music, but this song goes beyond that. You have to ignore what this video looks like and listen to the lyrics very carefully.

There is a powerful message contained in this video... There is an idea.

It's time for me to stop worrying about changing the system that I have no control of, and focus on the system that I can change... myself. One Day at I Time I will focus on living a healthy life the best of my ability

Quitting Smoking is a must, and I will tackle that goal starting today. There are several other bad habits that must be destroyed, but for now it's time to make a change within myself... Spiritually and Physically.

Yea... when you approach the age of 30 you start to realize that you won't be young forever.

Anyway... I'd like to thank you guys here in the ATS community... It's good to know that there are other people like me with similar views on society.

Much Love.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I knew there was a good reason I added you to my friends list some time ago. You are a good person, I wish you all the best in your travels to improve the one thing you absolutely can, Yourself.

For now, this is all we can do.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Thank You so much.

It's time for us to get Motivated to make that change within ourselves. It's gonna take alot hard work, but we can do it.

We have to believe in ourselves. We have to. It's time to quit procrastinating and move forward with the changes that need to made that only we as individuals can make. The Change is within you. Make it happen.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I like that - thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Happy 30th Birthday!

I liked the video.

May you stay forever young at heart.

sad eyed lady

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Happy birthday.

The world wont change by people who keep doing nothing to change it, but if it makes you sad to try and change it, you shouldnt do it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

In order to make a positive change for the world you have to start with yourself.

I'm getting started today.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I can't watch the video, I am at work.
But I wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthay!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3afdb20c1c30.jpg[/atsimg]

You might think of using the e cigareete as a quitting tool.
Good Bday present to yourself.

Peace!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
reply to post by Copernicus

In order to make a positive change for the world you have to start with yourself.

I'm getting started today.

Thats true. Good luck mate.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Cool post, and happy birthday. I sure wouldn't have expected this here.

Dead Prez always had some of the most beautiful messages (in between all the angry cop killing stuff). What other rappers have songs about just being happy and healthy and enjoying the heck out of life. Good stuff.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good luck on the smoking. I figured I would get a jump start before my 30th and was able to kick the habit with sunflower seeds and altoids. I myself will be turning the big 3 0 tomorrow and can say I now feel slightly older

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Happy B-day, cool song. HOWEVER....(this being ATS) I must point out it's kind of ironic that this guy is rapping in front of Budweiser logos, whilst talking about getting rid of addictions. That's more the directors fault, but the rapper should have been paying attention to the set. I'm surprised Budweiser wouldn't sue them but, maybe that's because Budweiser paid to have that logo in the back ground?

The message of the song is great anyways.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I absolutly have no taste for rap.So it should mean a lot more when I say.

THAT WAS COOL. that's what a positive message can do. bridge gaps.
I really liked it. 30yrs. still just a pup

Now have a Happy Birthday.partner.

yes, I got you something

not to sure you will enjoy this one. it's here mainly because i love Muhammed Ali.

:

[edit on 1-10-2009 by randyvs]

join