It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"crackpots and conspiracy theorists" those against swine flu vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

A FORMER federal health minister has dismissed as "crackpots and conspiracy theorists" those who would actively discourage Australians from having their swine flu vaccine.
Michael Wooldridge says the anti-vaccination movement was leading a push against Australians taking up the offer of the free vaccine, but their opposition was putting more people at risk.

"We are of course dealing with the first pandemic of the internet age which poses its own problems," says Dr Wooldridge, who says a misinformation campaign was now underway on the internet.

"The number of people who are actively opposed to immunisation is tiny, in the order of two per cent, but that group is disproportionately heard.

"The media often feels it has to present both sides of the argument ... (but) one side of the argument is almost universally held by the medical profession and most people think the rest are crackpots."

"Their message is poisonous and insidious ... they sow seeds of doubt in the public's mind about what is essentially the single greatest advance in public health in the last 200 years," Dr Wooldridge says.

"This group has the potential to do enormous damage, and my personal view is they should treated as the crackpots and conspiracy theorists that they are."

www.news.com.au...

found this pretty interesting. now that the vaccine is ready the media are now starting to attack us to put pressure into taking the vaccine. sheeple dont want to be considered crackpots or conspiracy theorists. this could persuade some people who were having doubts but having really looked into this. what are your thoughts on this? are we crackpots for not wanting to take the vaccine?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I certainly would not listen to an "educated" person in an authoritative position that uses insults against very concerned citizens. Regardless if that "educated" person is saying the truth as they see it, without addressing the concerns of those that are opposed to taking a vaccine that "educated" person is just a product of the system.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
At least he said crackpot and conspiracy theorists, and not crackpot conspiracy theorists, because I'm pretty tired of being called a crackpot conspiracy theorist as if we are the same thing. Oh I'm a theorists and not a crack pot by the way

Saw the campaign on TV here today a bunch of smiling people getting jabbed with the vaccine. "Its for the health of Australia". Sigh, at least as far as i know its free and not mandatory for now in Australia, I feel for you Americans.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I wonder what they will call us after thousands of people suffer 'who-knows-what' after they get the vaccine?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

They will call us realists, and/or the truth-tellers.

Keep well away from that vaccine.

A sad thing that happened here in NZ was that a couple had waited forever to get their precious baby, and then she died from swine flu.

How sad, how very sad.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

They will still call us crackpots and conspiracy theorists. The claim will probably be that the people affected by adverse reactions to the vaccine 'failed to mention their use of forbidden substances'. Or they 'already were infected' and vaccination was regrettably to late. With a little work we could make up an entire bull#-bingo card that features all the excuses that will be used by the media.

And the infant that died because of swine flu is a complete nightmare for the parents...and a dream come true for the pro-vaccine machine. I can see it now: 'Un-vaccinated people are potential baby killers'.

I really hope I am to cynical...but i doubt it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Einstein said that those who lie about little things should not be listened to on big things.

Being an individual who wants to live there life in peace makes you a crackpot in this world. Enough said.

I am amazed at how people follow people just because they could pass a few exams, and never have an individual thought in there lifes.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here we go!

Attack the person istead of trying to demolish the arguments.

I am used to say:

"Stop to qualify my remarks and tell me I wrong."

In other words... stop telling me I am a crakpot and prove me I am wrong with arguments! I don't care I you tell me I am dumb you know...

But most people are affected with what others think of them... that a real problem with our society today because if you just go a little but offroad, there's TONS of poeple yelling at you that you are wrong...

Little bit of philosophy here

PS: Only 2% on people don't really want the vaccine? Sorry... I think this time, it's far bigger. Just here, 50% are telling they will not take it... so, at least there must be 10% really fixed in their opinion like me.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
yes, they always use labeling to attack, its like bully in kindergarden

scruuk, on my watch list

Dr Michael Wooldridge attended Melbourne and Monash Universities and has bachelors degrees in Science and Medicine and a Master of Business Administration. He has served as the Chairman of UNAIDS (Geneva) 1998-1999 and Chairman of the World Health Organisation East Asia/Western Pacific Region. In 2000, he was the inaugural recipient of the Novo Nordisk International Health Policy Award, chosen by an international selection panel as the individual internationally who had most advanced the cause of diabetes policy.

new topics

top topics

join