It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TONY Blair is set to be made the first President of Europe by the end of October

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The first president of Europe....I wonder how that will work...How much influence will he have with the rest of the world...Who will be his vice president???

Maybe soon we'll get a president of the world...!

www.thesun.co.uk...

He will be nominated by EU leaders in Brussels if, as expected, Ireland backs the hated Lisbon Treaty in tomorrow's referendum.

A senior Government source said: "If we get a 'Yes' vote it will all move very, very quickly. Tony could be named by the end of October."

The leaders of the EU's 27 nations, not the voters, will choose the president.

Former PM Mr Blair would not formally take up the powerful position until all EU countries ratified the Treaty.

Even if Ireland votes "Yes", Poland and the Czech Republic are still to decide. But Sweden, which currently holds the EU presidency, wants a president named by the end of this month - and Mr Blair is favourite.

Asked if Mr Blair was the only real candidate, French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner replied: "For the moment, indeed."

A senior French diplomat added: "Who will dare say no to Tony Blair?" He played down concerns about Mr Blair's support for the Iraq War.

The revelations came as Tory leader David Cameron said his party would think again about a referendum on the Treaty if every EU country approves it.

If all don't, he vowed to hold a national vote on the issue.

He said: "If the Germans ratify, if the Poles ratify, if the Czechs ratify, if the Irish vote 'Yes' to the Treaty, then a new set of circumstances (apply), and I will address those at the time."

[edit on 30-9-2009 by smilinggrandma]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The EU presidency revolves every 6 month among the member countries.

2nd.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Maybe soon we'll get a president of the world...!

I guess you missed the memo out of the UN meeting last week....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatobserver

2nd.

Correction:

Presidency isn´t the same as an outstanding presidential post!
The presidency in the EU goes from country to country and NOT individuals.

...until now???

And wtf?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
WTF!

Why is that pajazzo going to be President, are all member countries just going to say yes to this?

Tony Blair can go and die for all I care!

Damn Freemasons!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The Lisbon Treaty creates a new post ... President of the EU Council of Ministers, characterised by some as President of Europe.

Despite the fancy title, Blair would be little more than the EU's front man on the world stage & a glorified chairman. It remains to be seen what his agenda will be & whether he'll be able to impose his will on member states ... I personally doubt it.

His appointment is as inspiring as a turd in a goulash.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If he is "guilty" of any wrong doings, then he will not be the President for a long time.

You can only lie for a short amount of time.

You can't fool everyone forever.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I think Tony Blair will suit the role well...
New British Empire anyone??
All need is the common wealth countries to join the EU and then it will be insured.

World be wary the European Empire is slowly becoming one of the most powerfull forces on Earth.
Its military budget is in second with america on top..
With almost double the amount of troops.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I thought The Sun was a tabloid ?
Has any other news sites confirmed this?
I did a quick search on google news and found no one else reporting this story

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This is all well planned, also that Tony Blair will become president! This was planned in 2008, but Ireland put a stop to it last year!

"I'll be president of Europe if you give me the power - Blair"
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Oh my God not Blair, anyone but Blair.
Smiley waffling lying !*#!.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatobserver

2nd.

The Lisbon treaty creates a sovereign entity out of the EU and along with multiple powerful positions, it creates a 4 year presidency with a possibility of a second term. Initially voted in by state leaders until the democratic process is up and running.

The member state presidency is finished as soon as Lisbon is Ratified.

The new president and foreign office will be the most powerful positions ever made for the EU on the world stage.. Next stop, amalgamation of the Armies.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Lets all be delighted with this mans useless ideas, on nanny state that need to run peoples lifes. People that want him in, are next to be of the cabbage type humans who cannot think.

Planks of wood, must be delighted here today, in scummy uk.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It has been on the agenda for years that Blair will be the 1st European President.

If Ireland fails to reject The Lisbon Treaty then Britain will lose it's sovereignty over night.

Every single Brit should do everything within their power to demand our right to vote on this and stop the usurption of British government and those that have allowed this to happen should be tried with Treason.

I juat hope the Irish do the rest of Europe a favour and reject this, but the signs look ominous.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned he ruined Britain. He is a liar, a cheat and a sneak and I wouldn’t trust him to sweep floors. In fact I think that any leader deemed to have been a failure should never be allowed to work again, but should be forced to live off the benefits and rules they have seen fit to order that their people can live off. That's not even taking into account what should happen to him for the Iraq atrocities.
I was not even able to look at that man, 6 months after he was elected as he makes me feel sick. Him and Obama share a lot. Both came from nowhere. Both unqualified to even run a chip shop. Both have that supercilious smile that is constantly plastered, but look when the smile drops and you see sheer evil. Goodbye all our civil rights with that clown in charge. He is just scum, and don’t get me started on that wife of his.
I thought Ireland had more sense....sigh.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by oneclickaway]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I realize this could be awful, but at the same time I'm looking forward to all the controversy I'll be able to read about this should it pass.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
haha October right on schedule for a WTF of this magnitude
the next 2-3 years may be the end of the world, "as we know it"
not necessarily a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I believe Obama already knew this was going to happen when Obama met Blair before Brown.

The president said: "I want to thank my good friend Tony Blair for coming today, somebody who did it first and perhaps did it better than I will do. He has been an example for so many people around the world of what dedicated leadership can accomplish. And we are very grateful to him."

The extraordinarily lavish praise was all the more remarkable considering Mr Blair was the closest leader to George W Bush whose legacy the new president began to undermine at his inauguration ceremony.

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/4528690/President-Barack-Obama-meets-Tony-Blair-before-Gordon-Brown.html[/ url]

Who would have ever thought Obama and Bush would share the same best friend?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
WTF!

Why is that pajazzo going to be President, are all member countries just going to say yes to this?

Tony Blair can go and die for all I care!

Damn Freemasons!

Why the comment about Freemasons? He converted to Catholicism after he finished as the Prime Minister.

Shouldn't that worry us?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Couldnt ever work out why they made him middle east peace envoy,and this EU president thing is just crazy!

Love the fact Ireland already said NO,and they are pushed into voting again after a certain amount of time brainwashing the population to say YES!

I bet you Blairs old mate Mandy will get a plum job there after new labour crash and burn next year in our elections

Realy hoping our Irish friends say no again,but I get the feeling the economy is pushing the yes vote out.

Shame they didnt know Tony would be president if they voted yes!If they had known,he would get the collective up yours from many

top topics

<<   2 >>

join