It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on the Daily Show (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I think Stewart treats him fairly. The audience seems to like him, too!

This just proves to me that most of us (liberal/conservative alike) basically want the same thing. It's the crazy fringe, on either side, that gets all the media coverage and ruins the whole gig for all of us.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
John gave him the respect that his office deserved...to his face. But he clowns on him when he's not there to defend himself. But in all fairness, John does that to everyone
So I think the balance is sustained. I'm just glad that he finally had Ron Paul on...I would have like to see them go at it though, like he and Kramer did.

For all his funny man stuff, Stewart really IS a sharp guy. Even though he is a Democrat

NOBODY TRIP!!! THAT WAS A JOKE! heheheh

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I agree. I only wish they had more time to talk. I would have liked to see the interview last the whole show

The left needs to wake up, just as much as everyone else who thinks the country isn't being looted by big business interests.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
On one episode John had a moment of Zen out-take with Martha Stuart stating Joohn is like a "political tutor for the common man" It was sadly true. I think it was the episode where he absolute baked the "Fast Money" host.

Ron is the same and John did a good job curbing the focus of Ron to at least delve into the scenario of "what if we did what you ask" While nothing really new is shown here, it''s nice to see a "common man's" interview pulled off so well with a fairly wide scope covered in very few sentences.

John-n-Ron for the Presidency.. that would be a ticket i would support

b

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

The interview he did with Jim Cramer is absolutely one of my favorite interviews ever. I didn't agree with everything John Stewart said, although I agreed completely with the spirit of what he was saying. Technically, I don't think Cramer did anything "bad" or "wrong," and John was unfairly criticizing him. On the other hand, it really is people like Jim who act more like parasites than people. But that's capitalism for you.. it's built into the system, it's how it works. Hate the game, not the player.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

There wouldn't be a game without players though.
I'm not letting him off that easy. What doomed him in my eyes even further is the way he tried to play it off on TV. He gave into John and on camera admitted the guilt of deceitful practices that led to the bleeding of the common trader. The very next day when he wasn't "on the spot" he absolutely did a 180 and tried to make the situation seem like it was hostile towards him and unfounded.

I was truly shocked and appalled by the blatant lack of decency and definite loss of humility..ooorr.. seeing the game perpetuated by morally weak players.

what came first: the chicken or the chicken-hawk?

b

top topics

join